TV 100 Chaos: Beastmen: Hooves & Horns

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

TV 100 Chaos: Beastmen: Hooves & Horns

Post by Pitch Invader »

So I have a predilection for odd, sub-par team themes, and one of the teams I'm considering taking to the Chaos Cup is Chaos.
-- seems appropriate.

But I want to take a team themed on the beasts. None of those fingerfoot primates on this team! Horns & Hooves all around.

Construction is TV 100. Plus 150k to buy skills at standard rates, no more than 4 of the same skill or 2 on the same player, can't take Leader.

I'm pretty much decided on:

1 Minotaur
11 Beastmen
3 Re Rolls
1 Cheerleader (I have a beastman cheerleader mini)

I could swap the 11th Beastman for an Apothecary & an Asst. Coach. That trades a guaranteed replacement for the chance to heal an injured player that has a skill, or the minotaur.

Worth doing, or keep the 12th player?

Biggest Question is Skills.
-This team has almost no starting skills. ouch.

I'm thinking either:

A.

Minotaur: Block & Claw
2 Wrestle (or 1 block, 1 wrestle?)
2 Guard
1 Extra Arm

B.

Minotaur: Block
2 Block
1 Wrestle
2 Guard
1 Extra Arm

or C.

Some other skill combo idea?

I'm determined on no Chaos Warriors, so even if you think it's a good idea to take them, and it probably is, I won't, so can skip telling me how dumb I am- I am already well aware of the fact :orc:

Besides, with my dice, I'll appreciate the 3 Re Rolls.

With so few skills on this team I need to get the most out of the 150k I can. That's why I'm thinking Block on the Mino is the choice for the doubles-skill, with Frenzy, he's going to be rolling more block dice than the beastmen, and he has less access to the team Re Rolls.

I'm thinking wrestle might be good double-duty as defense for the beastmen and to help bring down ball carriers. tackle only does the later, with the same odds, and frenzy without block is pretty risky, maybe more than this team can float. (?)

reasoning behind the extra arm instead of sure hands, other than that I have converted one with 3 arms, is +1 is almost as good as a reroll, plus I have the team rerolls if needed to make it better than, and I might need a hand off.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or suggestions,

Thanks!

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: TV 100 Chaos: Beastmen: Hooves & Horns

Post by Smeborg »

I think this is a pleasant idea, I've been tempted to do it myself some time, but never have, so kudos to you.

I suggest you keep the 12th player - much better in a tourney, since it means a reliable reserve. I would even consider dropping to 2 RRs in order to have 13 players (at AV8, more than 1 player will surely end up in the dugout).

I prefer S-Hands to X-Arms, although X-Arms is not "wrong".

Block/Claw would seem to be a rather entertaining option on the Minotard.

I suggest Wrestle is (in general) better than Block on Beastmen, it makes them into proper ball-hunters.

Hope that helps and good luck.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Pitch Invader
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pitch Invader »

Thanks Smeborg.

I like the idea of a 13th player.. means I'd feel more free to foul :P
but it is scary to go in with such an unskilled team with less than 3 rerolls.

I need to do prereg today, so i'll have to think on it fast.

If you prefer wrestle over block, what do you think about no block, just 3 wrestlers? or a 3rd guard?

anyone else with ideas?

Suggestions for skills?

Time's almost up :o

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I think 1 Block and 2 Wrestle is a good balance. There will be some games where you want to chase players with Dodge and no Block.

2 Wrestlers in a tourney is about right for reliable ball-hunting.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless