Norse League development

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

ryan.bright1
Rookie
Rookie

Norse League development

Post by ryan.bright1 »

I have posted this page for norse development and as for the norse development, I was wondering what some people would say about developing a passing team.

Reason: ''
ryan.bright1
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Norse League development

Post by ryan.bright1 »

For throwing the ball
1. Thrower-1)Sure Hands 2) Accurate 3) Kick Off Return 4) Nerves of Steel
Doubles: Strong Arm, Dodge
Boost-MA+,Ag+ St+ =(If you want him hard to take done or an even better hitter).

2. Runner- 1) Dodge 2)Catch 3)Side Step 4)Diving Catch/Sure Hands
Doubles-Nerves of Steel
Increase-Ma+,Ag+,St+

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I do not see Norse as a "pure" passing team (a running play, or at most a hand-off, will suit them fine most of the time). However, I think they are a team that needs to be able to make a decent passing play when required by the match situation. For example, when the Norse need to score in 2 (or perhaps 3) turns, especially against a deep kick.

Therefore I would suggest that a league Norse team can make good use of a Thrower developed to pass, but that the team does not need catching skills. The plethora of AG3 players means that they will not be short of receiving options. Provided you have a team re-roll in hand (for the catch), the passing play has a good chance of success.

Note that apart from this type of situation, the Norse Thrower is a relatively weak (over-priced/under-skilled) player. He is, however, the best candidate IMO on the team for Sure Hands as first skill (the Runners have much better skill options IMO). Whether to take a second Thrower is a moot point, and will depend in part on other roster decisions. A possibility for the second Thrower (if taken) is Leader as first skill (this contributes indirectly to a passing strategy, as it makes it more likely that you will have a re-roll in hand at the end of the half for catching).

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
ryan.bright1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ryan.bright1 »

Yeah, I know norse is not a passing team, but I am saying if they possible wanted to do that for fun. The sure hands on the catchers is to defend against strip ball. I can agree with you on the catching skills, but it does save a reroll for something riskier. Personally, from playing norse for quite a while, one thrower is really all you need. Maybe a surehands lineman with ball handling help.