Undead Team for the Dutch Open

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Undead Team for the Dutch Open

Post by Pedda »

JaM wrote:Most of the time, I dont bother to foul. You have to down an opposing player (quite possible) but also, to make it worthwile, surround him with 3+ players to foul. This leaves you vunerable in other places because you cant close all the gaps.
Unless you have a numerical advantage already, in wich case you dont need to foul.

If you can get a player off the pitch, that's great. But a lot of times he's 'just' stunned (okay, sometimes that is enough) and you've wasted your players movement to get to that player.

If, however, you can foul a wardancer, go for it. But there are a lot of teams out there that dont really care and just score a TD or 2 more than you and win the game.

Just my 0.02 € :).

And yes, SH can save you that reroll. And yes, IIRC you can choose your skill as soon as you see your opponent.

See you there! :D
You've got a point

Right now I'm thinking of the following line up
2 Mummies
2 Wights
4 Ghouls
4 Zombies (or 3Z and 1S)
3 ReRolls
1 FF
1 Cheer
1 AC

Does anyone have experience with using one skeleton?
What's his role?

Just need to figure out the skills, but I've got some time to think about it.
If you get to choose your skills after you know your opponent it's a bit easier.

Reason: ''
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

I like two skellies and use them as linebackers behind the los....

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Digger Goreman wrote:I like two skellies and use them as linebackers behind the los....
Does that mean that you're not using all the ghouls on D?
I usually put three Zeeds on the LOS and the mummies and wights two squares behind. One square behind them I place the ghouls. I'd only use the skelly if one or more ghouls would be hurt, but that might be what you mean, no?

JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I've used 3 Zs, 1 skel before... I dont have 4 zombies (well, I do but they are on the Necromantic team).

Sometimes you want the extra movement from the skellie to mark a player. AV7 TS is ALMOST equal to AV8, but not quite.

LOS: Depending on the opponent you might want to have the mummies on the LOS. Maybe even a few squares away from the middle square, maybe flanked/backed by a zombie.

I'd try some setups on fummble, or perhaps cyanide (or, preferably, tabletop) to see what works for you. But the ghouls need some skills (protection, ballhandling), the rest is more or less fine or can get a skill later.
You've got a point

Thanks. I have some decent experience with the Dutch Open :wink: .

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

I usually line up like this, where the skeleton would come in to play when a ghoul is out or when there's a claw player on the LOS.

- - - -|- - z z z - -|- - - -
- - - -|- - - - - - -|- - - -
- - w -|m - - - - - m|- w - -
- g - -|- g - - - g -|- - g -

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

So, with the dutch open 2014 in the bags, I thought I'd write a short report.

First off, a thank you to the organizers for a great jobb.
Also, a thank you to the other players for a nice time.

My roster
2 Mummies
2 Wights
4 Ghouls
4 Zombies
3 RR
1 FF
1 Coach
1 Cheer

Game 1 vs Orcs (mepmuff)
Not much to say here. My opponent managed to get some of my players of the field and used his player advantage to the maximum. I couldn't do much but look on as he scored 2 TDs. Worth mentioning that mepmuff was a great sport about the whole thing and I still enjoyed the game.
0-2 TD
1-5 CAS

Game 2 vs Norse (Skill chosen: Wrestle on Ghoul #2)
My opponent started the game with a pass, which he failed. I then scoped up the ball and scored a TD, even though I kicked. On the following kick-off I over pressured him and after a couple of turns I paid for this by being out of position and he could then score in turn 8.
In the second half I managed to score thanks to a blitz from my opponent resulting in a skull as well as a GFI.
This game could easily haven been a draw.
2-1 TD
1-0 CAS

Game 3 vs Norse (Skill chosen: Block on Ghoul #4)
This game went south fast. He used his yeti with claw and MB as well as the rest of his team to get my players of the pitch.
I've attached a photo of my dugout. It was a bit funny that almost my whole team decided to have a nap in the KO-Box) Enough said.
0-2 TD
3-3 (Not totally sure here) CAS

Game 4 vs Skaven (Skill chosen: Tackle on Wight #6)
He started the game with blitz form his rat ogre on my wight. He rolled two skulls and a both down. That was kind of the story of the game. His players went of the pitch and I think he only had five for the second half. My opponent was a great sport about it and we both had a laugh about the game.
2-1 TD
8-1 CAS

Game 5 vs Wood Elfs (Skill chosen: Sure Hands on Ghoul #3)
It started in poring rain and the elves decided on receiving the ball. As in the last game I managed to get some of his players of the pitch and when I failed a pass, I thought that I might be able to stop him from scoring in his half, but it wasn't to be. He dodged, GFI, picked up in two TZ (and rain) dodged again and scored. That's the way elves play sometimes. After him scoring, the weather changed during the kick-off and the ball lands deep in my half. After a couple of blocks, I try to pick up the ball with my sure hands ghoul, but fail. Sadly, it means that I can't score in this half.
In the second half I continue beating his team of the pitch and score a TD in my turn 8. For his last turn he's got five players left and as I roll a perfect defense, he can't manage a OTTD.
This game was the best in the tournament and I feel that I played my best as well.
1-1 TD
3-0 CAS

All in all, I think I ended up as #14 in the tournament and I'm very happy with that, since this was my first tournament.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

And we were glad to have you! :D

Come back next year, and bring more germans! :smoking: