Welf v Welf

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Welf v Welf

Post by Indigo »

Given the basics of an 8 turn wood elf drive (which I presumably don't need to go into here), if you are wood elves yourself and facing another wood elf coach clearly playing for an 8 turn drive, how would you counter?

Standoff and form a wall (which would seem to be risky and require inch perfect positioning or you're !censored!) or get in his face and risk being counter-blocked into oblivion. A blend of the two?

Reason: ''
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Welf v Welf

Post by Elyoukey »

i think you have to adapt to your opponent and to the events. if he keeps the ball in his backfield, go and chase it with a wardancer and a catcher, he will have to move the ball from there, making risky move or leaving a partial cage somewhere
if he runs a running game, you may leap in it amd try to force him some dodges to recreate a cage.

Indigo
Not Grumpy in the slightest

Re: Welf v Welf

Post by Indigo »

Running a WD and catcher back on their own is suicide for them, leading to gang blocking and fouling surely?
Likewise, having a leap forming the backbone of your defence seems hugely risky to me perhaps? A failed 3+ and your WD is on the ground again.