Undead vs Necro advice

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Undead vs Necro advice

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

I'm headed to orclahoma Bowl in a few weeks and need to finalize my Roster.

I'm down to either Undead or Necro and look for some pros and COn plus build advice.

Build Rules Rules

1.150 build
Up to 150K may be used for skills and stats as normal with these rules:
You MAY NOT purchase Strength or Agility upgrades
Two players maximum may have two skills added to them if desired
No player may have a stat increase and a skill
No player may have two stat increases
No skill or stat increase may be taken more than three times

her are my two teams

Necro

2 x Flesh Golem 2 x Guard or Mighty Blow?
2 x Wights 2 x Tackle
1 x Ghoul 1 x Sure Hands
2 x Werewolf 1 x Block 1 x Mighty Blow
4 x Zombies
2 X RR

Undead

2 x Mummy 2 x Guard
2 x Wights 2 x Tackle or Guard?
1 x Ghoul 2 x Block
6 x Zombies, 1 x Either Dirty Player or Wrestle or Tackle
3 x RR's

Reason: ''
Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Undead vs Necro advice

Post by Digger Goreman »

In any game with Necros you will struggle with two rerolls or lacking blodge on the wolves.... Sadly the rules are set for no blodge + MiB wolf....

If you are set on 2 rerolls, I think you should mitigate this with either a two blodge werewolf build, or a one blodge and one block-MiB wolf build.... Surehands on the ghoul.... Guard on the Golems... Tackle on the Wights.... Seems best to me....

Undead is a safer go: block on the mummies... MiB on the wights... wrestle on the ghouls... guard on one zombie(?)

Admittedly I'm not into too much math on the weekends.... :wink:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

In tournament play just about every team will be limited so 0-3 RRs to your opponet should be facing the same challenge. Alsot eh trade off to get a 3rd RR to me is too high because it means going up a key piece for a RR and a zombie which pretty much means a Fleshie.

For league play you are correct though pretty much should start off with at least 3 with no ball handling skills and no AG4

sturmjarl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sturmjarl »

Hey Matt!
No experience with these teams, but I've been contemplating "theory-bowl" Necro for Zlurpeebowl and/or Chaos Cup.

Also like Digger. my math maybe fuzzy.
2-rerolls will be tough for ball handling so Sure Hands on the Ghoul. Blodge on the werewolves. Block on the Fleshies for true road blocks. I prefer Guard on the Wights to help where ever needed. I skip tackle and trust Frenzy as a "poor-man's" tackle, but I play Norse! Tourney rules are limiting with only two players allowed 2 skills. I think Digger is right that Werewolves need Blodge in this format for offense and defense.

"Don't blame the dice!? Blame the figure which cost you $15.00 on eBay and took you two weeks to convert and paint!!"
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

My 2 cents: In that format with at team whos rerolls cost 70K, allways buy Leader, its a real cheap reroll (30K)

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Except that is a double roll for any undead or necro team at 30K which means possibly taking fewer skills or nto other skills that are far more important. do you take off Bloock froma Flesh? Guard on a wight?

sturmjarl
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sturmjarl »

I assumed No Leader in the Tournament rules pack, but that's for my builds, not yours :oops:

But your right Matt, too hard to fit leader on the Necro team unless you put leader on the ghoul instead of Surehands. The REAL problem is all the compromising you need to do for Necro. There are too many unskilled positionals to upgrade with too few $. Another alternative is drop one werewolf for a zombie and Reroll. Not ideal but easier to skill up positionals if there are less of them. A third reroll can let you skip sure hands, but you'll REALLY need to protect your AG3 players.That only 2 players getting 2 skills REALLY hurts Necro in this format.

"Don't blame the dice!? Blame the figure which cost you $15.00 on eBay and took you two weeks to convert and paint!!"
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Tournament is resurrection style so skill up don't really matter, that's more for a league build which would different. But they do allow for Leader in this tournament.

Just trying to get a NAF for another team and I only have a paint a few models to add my Undead team to make it Necro.