Humans - ROT Cup

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Humans - ROT Cup

Post by Metalface13 »

Going to play in my first tournament in April in Austin's ROT Cup. As humans are the only team I own, I'll be playing with them.

Any roster suggestions? It's 1,150,000 tournament. Normal skills 20K, Doubles 30K, no stat increases. No more than 2 skills per player, no skill may be taken more than four times.

Reason: ''
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

Maybe something like this?:

Ogre / Block 170k
Blitzer / Guard 110k
Blitzer / Tackle 110k
Blitzer 90k
Blitzer 90k
Lineman / Kick / Block 90k
Thrower / Leader / Block 110k
Thrower 70k
4 Lineman 200k
2 Reroll 100k
1 FF 10k

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Khrage
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Humans - ROT Cup

Post by Khrage »

I am considering going to ROT cup myself. I have NO experience playing humans though, so I won't touch the above suggestion other than to say it looks pretty solid but lacks the speed a catcher or two could bring. Of course it makes up for that by being higher overall strength, so it will depend on your play style.

I did want to point out that I am pretty sure that you can use the human figures to play any race you want to as long as you make your opponents clear what they are with your numbering and such. Having said that, I am gonna probably play either chaos dwarf, undead, orc, or norse myself, since those are the figures I will have painted by then.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows!"
Bart Simpson
Metalface13
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Metalface13 »

Khrage wrote:I am considering going to ROT cup myself. I have NO experience playing humans though, so I won't touch the above suggestion other than to say it looks pretty solid but lacks the speed a catcher or two could bring. Of course it makes up for that by being higher overall strength, so it will depend on your play style.

I did want to point out that I am pretty sure that you can use the human figures to play any race you want to as long as you make your opponents clear what they are with your numbering and such. Having said that, I am gonna probably play either chaos dwarf, undead, orc, or norse myself, since those are the figures I will have painted by then.
Cool, hopefully we'll see each other there! Reminds me, I need to register. Yeah, I could use the humans as proxies, but if I'm going to field humans, might as well play them as humans. And I do like playing as humans though. Trying to see if I can get a dark elves team though.

Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

I wouldn't take the ogre. I had pretty fair luck with humans in a tournament recently, with 2 wins (skaven, dwarves) and 1 draw (orcs). The list was 1.19, but could easily be converted as so:

4 Blitzers
-Guard, Dodge
-Guard
-Mighty Blow, Piling On
-Mighty Blow, Tackle
2 Catchers
-Block x 2
1 Thrower
-Leader
4 Linemen
3 Rerolls

I believe that's 1.13, so you can take a couple of cheerleaders or another skill (block on the thrower, maybe). I think that against most teams this list will be at least as capable as the one above, and you won't be worrying about the ogre dulling out when you need him most.

Necro10c
Rookie
Rookie

Re:

Post by Necro10c »

Shteve0 wrote:Maybe something like this?:

Ogre / Block 170k
Blitzer / Guard 110k
Blitzer / Tackle 110k
Blitzer 90k
Blitzer 90k
Lineman / Kick / Block 90k
Thrower / Leader / Block 110k
Thrower 70k
4 Lineman 200k
2 Reroll 100k
1 FF 10k
Though I like this build I normally play a little bit more on the versatility of the team. I have tried to bring kick to the last few tournaments and it havent really paid out. So my suggestion would be:

Ogre - Block 170k
2 X Blitzer - Guard 220k
Blitzer - Tackle 110k
Blitzer - Mighty Blow 110k
Thrower 70K
Catcher - Wrestle + Strip Ball 110k
5 Lineman - 250k
2 Reroll - 100k
1 Fan (me) - 10K

You can substitute the extra lineman for a RR if you like (or together with Fan Factor 3 normal skills as block on thrower and 2 linemen).

Cheerio and good luck!

Oni
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Oni »

I will be at the RoT Cup and look forward to meeting ya there.

I am looking at a human team among others and this is the roster I am thinking about

1 - Ogre 14
1 - Thrower 7
2 - Catchers 14
3 - Blitzers 27
4 - Lineman 20
3 - Rerolls
3 - Fan Factor

Skills

1 Ogre Block, Pile On
2 Catchers/Block
1 Blitzers/Tackle
2 Blitzers/Guard

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Since I am the Tournament Organizer for R.O.T. Cup I can't comment specifically on these rosters until submitted. Please make sure that you are registered on the website, if you are not already, and that you submit a roster (rotcuptx@gmail.com) but this Sunday 4/20/14, so that I can review and suggest changes for anything that may need to be corrected. If you have any questions or comments please send them to me at that same address.

Can't wait to see you in 9 days!

Matt McDonough
R.O.T. Cup 2014 Tournament Organizer

rotcuptx@gmail.com
http://www.rotcuptx.com/
Twitter @rotcuptx
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/ROT-Cup/500355403333498

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Oni wrote:I will be at the RoT Cup and look forward to meeting ya there.

I am looking at a human team among others and this is the roster I am thinking about

1 - Ogre 14
1 - Thrower 7
2 - Catchers 14
3 - Blitzers 27
4 - Lineman 20
3 - Rerolls
3 - Fan Factor

Skills

1 Ogre Block, Pile On
2 Catchers/Block
1 Blitzers/Tackle
2 Blitzers/Guard
I'd drop the FF and a RR to upgrade a Lineman to a Blitzer, then add Leader to the Thrower to get that RR back. Just a thought. Good luck!

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

So how did it go? What would you have changed?