Chaos Pact - Super Brawl MMXIV

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Chaos Pact - Super Brawl MMXIV

Post by Lard »

Hello all. I need some help with my team build for Super Brawl MMXIV, http://superbrawl.tumblr.com/ . In short it is a 1100K tournament that gives you skillpoints to buy things for
Skillpoints (SP): Each team gets 6 SP before the first game and then after game 1-5 ALL teams get 1 new SP. These can be used to buy the following upgrades for your team. Your upgrades should be noted and handed in with your roster before the tournament.

•Regular skill = 2 SP
•Double skill = 3 SP
•MA/AV = 4 SP
•AG/ST = 5 SP
As I am going to play Chaos Pact I get 2 extra skillpoints for team creation. The tournament also allow you to buy 1 starplayer and the team including your 0-1 starplayer have to be at least 11 players.

I have tried different builds and ended upp with this:

4 Maurauders 200K
1 Goblin 40K
1 Skaven 50K
1 Dark Elf 60K
1 Chaos Troll 110K
1 Chaos Ogre 140K
1 Minotaur 150K
1 Lewgrip Whiparm (6339, loner, surehands, pass, strong arm, tentacles) 150K
2 rerolls 140K
1 apo 50K

But for skills I have a much harder time. Leader is high on my list but what then? Block on bigguys? A Guard Spam? dodge on DE? Wrestle on Skaven? Claw on big guys? I need help and advice, so please help me!

Reason: ''
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: Chaos Pact - Super Brawl MMXIV

Post by lunchmoney »

Putting Strong Arm on the Orge gives you have a more viable TTM option.
And then I would put Wrestle on Skaven and 2Heads on Goblin.
As you go on, Claw Mino and Guard Mauraders.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

With a maximum of 5 regular and 1 double skill, is it really worth it to put 2 of them into the throw teammate trick? Isnt it better to try to get a better Plan A than putting the money on Plan B?
I havnt played the Pact in a tourney yet, but is the throw teammate so important for the team to succed?

lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Lard wrote:With a maximum of 5 regular and 1 double skill, is it really worth it to put 2 of them into the throw teammate trick? Isnt it better to try to get a better Plan A than putting the money on Plan B?
I havnt played the Pact in a tourney yet, but is the throw teammate so important for the team to succed?
I've only suggested 1 skill to aid TTM; Strong Arm. The 2Head Gobbo is useful for so many things.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

You right, my fault. Let me refrase it then: it is really worth 1 out of 6 skills to get a better throw teammate? I have no experience so I am really courius about this team. In my world (as an Ork coach) I would rather have another guard as the thow teammate move are so weak (often depend on the scatterrolls to be an success) but I am often wrong so...

Fassbinder75
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Fassbinder75 »

I've played Pact at tourneys, I don't think you've got a big enough skills package to justify Strong Arm on the ogre. Two heads gobbo is a must, Wrestle Rat and Juggernaut on the Mino. Dodge on the Dark Elf works well too.

If I was playing against a side stacked for TTM I'd hunt the Goblin. One trick pony is no good.

minimakeovers.wordpress.com
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

So Fassbinder, that would take 4 out of 6 skills, but no doubble. Maybe change the mino to block? I think I would like leader on a maurauder for that extra reroll an at least one guard. That would make the team look like this at game 6

4 Maurauders 200K (leader, guard)
1 Goblin 40K (two heads)
1 Skaven 50K (wrestle)
1 Dark Elf 60K (dodge)
1 Chaos Troll 110K
1 Chaos Ogre 140K
1 Minotaur 150K (block)
2 rerolls 140K
1 apo 50K

In with order should I take the skills? I will start with 4 regular (or 3 regular and 1 double) and then get a skill each other game. I would like to have leader for game 1, maybe with two heads and block?

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I am doubtful about Lewdgrip. Bear in mind he is a Loner, and cannot do things like dodge or block reliably. This can easily be exploited by your opponent.

I suggest it would be better to take either 3 Marauders or 2 Marauders and an Apoth in place of Lewdgrip. Pact are a team that go into the dugout quite easily (AV8, no starting Block). They need reserves, in my experience.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Played my original roaster:

4 Maurauders 200K
1 Goblin 40K
1 Skaven 50K
1 Dark Elf 60K
1 Chaos Troll 110K
1 Chaos Ogre 140K
1 Minotaur 150K
2 rerolls 140K
1 apo 50K

For skills I choose: leader on a maurauder, Block in the mino and wrestle on the skaven.
Before game 2, 4 and 6 I gave Guard to maurauders.

For the tournament I played 3 win, 3 draw and 0 losses and came in at 3:ed highest points out of 32 coaches, hadnt played the two coaches over me. Won over Skaven, Undead and Norse. Draw against chaos pact (!), dark elfs and high elfs. The whole results of the tournament: http://tiny.cc/superbrawl

Lewgrip saved one game with a pass for a draw against highelfs, for the rest of the games a maurader with sure hand would have done the same deeds.

I had some lucky moment this tournament and are really happy with my results.