Gobbo's at Naf

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Gobbo's at Naf

Post by Heff »

LEAP chainsaw, that is a thing of beauty. Play him on defence to sack the carrier?
How about
2 trolls both guard (one a day)(or one guard and one block day 2)
saw with leap (day 1)
BnC with MB (day 1)
10 gobbos 2 with sneaky git (go with the intention of fouling)
Fungus
A cheerleader
2 bribes
3 rolls
Could drop a gobbo and cheerleader for a bribe but will be fouling like mad I imagine.

Reason: ''
Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Itchen Masack
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Itchen Masack »

Personally i play the chainsaw only on Defence (assuming I have enough goblins left to decide!) and even if he never leaps, it can be a good deterrant to some teams.
No cage is properly safe unless it hangs back (or has 8 players in it!!), and the slower teams cannot afford to hang back.

The roster you mention is very similar to what I'd take if I was going to the NAF, with the exception I'd use the Double for Sure Hands on a goblin. Often you simply cannot afford to fumble the pickup, and goblins being goblins, chances are your team re-roll has already gone that turn.

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Heff, I would love to record some questions with you for the show (as I will with pretty much anyone who wants to!) but I especially want to hear from you if you face Dwarves with your Gobbos.

You think you hate Dwarves now... :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Oh go on then :D

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

I would also like to get a Dwarf rant on record from you so if you play Dwarves with your Goblins, I need to get the recorder ASAP! :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

SunDevil wrote:I would also like to get a Dwarf rant on record from you so if you play Dwarves with your Goblins, I need to get the recorder ASAP! :)
just put a mic on him and record the entire thing

macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by macabeo »

Break Tackle is a must for the trolls in the goblin team, otherwise they will be easily marked away from the action.

Sure Feet on the Pogo is awesome, and very good on regular goblins too.

Leap on the Chainsaw is great, but dicey. Dodge is the regular skill up, but it's gobbos, so do whatever you feel like doing.

A lone Sneaky Git looks good on paper, but in my experience it doesn't pay off.

HMP on the Bomber is incredibly good. Best asset of the goblins in tournament environments in my humble opinion. Without HMP, not worth it.

I'm in the minority, but I don't like Fanatics. If you have to choose between Fungus and the regular fanatic, my advice would be taking Fungus despite having Loner (+1 MA and MB for only 10k is a steal).

Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

The beauty of Blood Bowl that there are so many ways to play it. Unless you coach dwarves.

macabeo's way is almost the complete opposite of mine :D

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Itchen Masack wrote:Unless you coach dwarves.
Controversial! http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team& ... _id=605803

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Itchen Masack

Post by Itchen Masack »

Fair enough. You CAN play any race however you like!

But the results dont really back up the idea that you can play Dwarves effectively this way :-)

Games Played: 199 (52/29/118)
TD Diff: -144 (197 - 341)
Cas Diff: -141 (219/101/35 - 269/184/43)

*edit* and to be fair after 199 matches they dont really seem to have many Agility type skills?!

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Ah too late. I am going with itchens team. Will try a different one at another tourney, v much an experiment at this point as I have played a grand total of 0 games with gobbos. I expect to end badly.

My rant is likely to be unrecordable as my opening statement to any dwarf I face is

"Ah I see you are playing dwarfs, that makes you a cnut" and kind of goes from there. Anybody who has played at the ECBBL can confirm this as gospel truth. :lol:

macabeo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by macabeo »

Itchen Masack wrote:The beauty of Blood Bowl that there are so many ways to play it. Unless you coach dwarves.

macabeo's way is almost the complete opposite of mine :D
Very true :D

SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

Heff wrote:Ah too late. I am going with itchens team. Will try a different one at another tourney, v much an experiment at this point as I have played a grand total of 0 games with gobbos. I expect to end badly.

My rant is likely to be unrecordable as my opening statement to any dwarf I face is

"Ah I see you are playing dwarfs, that makes you a cnut" and kind of goes from there. Anybody who has played at the ECBBL can confirm this as gospel truth. :lol:
That is what our editor and his BLEEP button is for. :)