Norse 1.2mil Event

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Andy Barnes
Rookie
Rookie

Norse 1.2mil Event

Post by Andy Barnes »

Hi all,

First time poster here!

I'm attending a tournament later this month to which I'm taking a Norse team.

It's a 1.2m event with a skill package as below;

1. 4x Normal skills, 2x double skills
or
2. 4x Normal Skills, 1x double skill, (1x +1 MV or +1 AV)

No skill can be taken more than twice, no model cabn have more than 1 upgrade, no extraordinary skills, normal skills can be taken instead of doubles

Pretty standard fare really, albeit with quite a bit of money to spend. I'm looking at the following I think;

Snow Troll/Yeti - Mighty Blow
Runner - Dodge
2 Ulfwerener/Werewolves - Both with Block
2 Berserkers/Blitzers - 1 with Tackle
7 Linemen - 1 with Guard
3 Re-rolls
2 Assistant Coaches
2 Cheerleaders

What are people's thoughts? I played my first practice game in about 5 years with them the other night and managed a 2-0 win vs Dwarfs but I think I got away without too many of my players getting injured.

Would people change any of the above? I'd love block on the Troll but I see it being even more important on the Ulfwerener's as they'll be doing the leg work. At least the Troll with Mighty Blow gives me the opportunity to get some opponents off the field early.

Cheers,

Andy

Reason: ''
Frenzy
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Norse 1.2mil Event

Post by Frenzy »

I'm far from an expect, but I agree with the MB on the Yeti, Dodge on the Catcher, and Block on the Wolves. But I would consider giving the Blitzers each Guard. I find one guy with Tackle is easily avoided and a linemen with Guard is useful, but you would get more mileage out of the Blitzers due them having Jump Up. They'll be more likely to get where they're needed to provide support for your Werewolves who will be doing most of the heavy lifting.

Reason: ''