Ribble Rumble Dark Elves

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Zoglug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Ribble Rumble Dark Elves

Post by Zoglug »

Hey everyone,

I am looking to attend my first tournament in over two years by going to the Ribble Rumble. Rules are:-

• Team Value: 1,150,000gp.
• All inducements allowed (except Special Play cards and Wizards).
• All 24 NAF teams permitted.
• Teams must include 11 models BEFORE Star Players can be added.
• Standard resurrection rules (all players return un-injured for each game, no SPP development).
• Skills: 4x normal, 2x double (or single if you wish). No Stacking. No skill to be taken more than twice.
• Before each game, each coach may remove one of their opponents chosen skills.

I was considering taking Skaven or Wood Elves but ive decided to take something i haven't used before. I have an Orc team painted, which could be an option as well as an Undead team, but im starting to think id like to take Dark Elves.

3 x Blitzer (Dodge, Dodge, Guard)
2 x Witch Elves (Wrestle, Strip Ball)
1 x Runner (Guard)
5 x Line Elves
3 x Re-rolls
1 x Apo

As the opponent gets to remove a skill before every game, im thinking the third re-roll will be vital, as if i take Leader, it is likely to get veto'd every game. Dodge on two blitzers is pretty standard, and i like the threat of wrestle/strip ball on the witches. As i get two doubles, guard feels like the skill to take. Is there anything glaringly obvious i am missing or anything you would change/do differently?

Any advice would be great!

Reason: ''
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: Ribble Rumble Dark Elves

Post by Pipey »

Welcome back Zoggy!

Conventional wisdom would say wrestle or block are better percentage options for the witches. Strip ball may be a bit situation specific.

Like the mobile guard runner - presumably you wouldn't use him as a ball carrier then? If you were planning to run the ball with the runner, is a guard lineman preferable?

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Zoglug
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Ribble Rumble Dark Elves

Post by Zoglug »

Cheers Pippy!

I was planning to use one of the Blitzers to run the ball. Blodge will help protect the ball. The guard runner was simply because of his movement 7. Allows me to get him where he needs to be a little easier than when on a lino.

I can see the sense of block/wrestle on the second witch and will probably double up so either both with wrestle or both with block.