Wood Elves for Europen

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Wood Elves for Europen

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

Just wanted to know peoples thoughts on wood elf rosters for the Europen. I'll be trying out a few line ups over the next few months but wanted a sanity check on my options.

Option 1

2 x WD, 1 x TREE, 3 x CT, 1 x TH, 4 x LM, 2 x RR

Option 2

Same but 1 x RR and 1 x APO

Option 3

2 x WD, 1 x TREE, 2 x CT, 1 x TH, 6 x LM, 1 x RR

Skills would most likely be Stripball and Tackle on the wardancers and Leader on the throwers for day 1 and then a Guard Treeman, Wrestle Lineman and Block catcher day 2.

All skills negotiable.

Any other team options?

Reason: ''
[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Re: Wood Elves for Europen

Post by Heff »

Not much of a WE coach but for me the tree is a complete waste of tv, particularly in a res tourney. He is a lino and a re-roll/apo, both of which you will need. If you use him to soak up punishment the extra lino and Apo will be more useful. If you want to bash on the line the chances are low that you will get to hit more than twice, are you going to get over 120k in value on free hits on the line? Unlikely.

Any half decent coach will give him a meat puppet to play with until he roots and then ignore him. Welves are about speed and the tree is MV2. When I have sat opposite welves in tourneys I love to see a tree, its so often 120 k of tv advantage to me.

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Option 1 is correct.

Skills: Block goes on a Linemen but otherwise correct. {Edit - sorry missed the Guard Treeman, I wouldn't take that}. Sixth skill could be Sure Hands Catcher, Kick Catcher or Dodge Lineman.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

with 6 simple skills on day2, you could consider a KICK on a catcher... instead of this block

littlejonnyfrostbite
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by littlejonnyfrostbite »

Totally disagree about not taking the tree. He can dominate the LOS even when rooted. The rest of the team can defend around him and he really disrupts cages. I wouldn't take woodies without him.

I like the guard to keep the other two guys on the LOS alive on day 2 but you are probably right. The day 1 skill selections were after chatting with Jimjimany. Day 2 is a bit more open so I'll play some games and see what's most useful.

Any other input still welcome though.

@Joe - would you go Wrestle, Wrestle, Block then? All on linemen? or one dodge? (the Pgoo combo)

[url=http://www.terranovagryphons.co.uk]Terra Nova Gryphons[/url]
El Hombre
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by El Hombre »

anything wrong with

tree
2 WD
4 catchers
4 linies
2RR?

then go skill-wise: strip ball / frenzy for WD, block/sidestep for catchers, wrestle for linies ?

Those who will not follow are doomed to lead.
--*--Founder League of Rodents--*--
--*--Commissioner BBBF Online League--*--