Chaos Cup - Chaos List Help

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

IMO 3rd RR is infinitely better than a reserve.

Reason: ''
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re: Chaos Cup - Chaos List Help

Post by Smeborg »

Jimmy Fantastic wrote:IMO 3rd RR is infinitely better than a reserve.
Jimmy, my experience is exactly the opposite with bash teams such as Chaos and Nurgle. These teams like to maintain at least parity in numbers, otherwise they tend to struggle. With finesse teams, I would agree that the RR is better than a reserve. But it may come down simply to differences in playing style.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Re:

Post by Smeborg »

Nuffle_Hate_Me wrote:I submitted my roster with the following

4 x Warriors, 4 x Block
8 x Beastmen, 1 x Sure Hands, 2 x Wrestle
2 RR

Just can't see the Mino as it's an all or nothing player that is easily dealt with. This seems more well rounded to me, although a bit boring. Just my opinion. I AM CHAOS!
You are correct on both points, and this may be the better roster. If you prefer it, then it may also be better suited your style of play. I reserve my judgment on which roster is better untli I have seen them in practice!

It's true that the roster you have picked seems "a bit boring", but I would prefer to describe it as fluid and flexible. It means you can adapt to a lot of different rosters and match situations. You need to be alert, and not fall into a fixed pattern of play.

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

In order to maximize swag I pretty much had to submit the Roster on theory alone and past experience.

The problem with "practice" is that you could be facing 24 different teams with at least a few common builds if not a lot of different build. And you have to find a willing person to build a team with Chaos Cup rules and play them, which could get tricky now. So "practice" is very relative.

Matt AKA WildManTX (NAF) AKA Nuffle_Hate_Me

T.O. R.O.T. Cup - Austin, Texas USA
http://www.rotcuptx.com
Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

I did not intend "practice" to mean against other coaches. Simply some idle minutes playing against yourself, and using standard tourney rosters (I usually start with Orcs, but obviously the Chaos Cup is a different kettle of fish).

Smeborg the Fleshless
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Smeborg wrote:
Jimmy Fantastic wrote:IMO 3rd RR is infinitely better than a reserve.
Jimmy, my experience is exactly the opposite with bash teams such as Chaos and Nurgle. These teams like to maintain at least parity in numbers, otherwise they tend to struggle. With finesse teams, I would agree that the RR is better than a reserve. But it may come down simply to differences in playing style.

All the best.
Yes I know you are inexperienced and have off the wall ideas. We will have to forever agree to disagree.

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Roflmao Jimmy you are such a hoot

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

How did you like the list, Matt? Do you think a different roster might have done better, or was it mostly down to luck and the draw?

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

If I didn't roll so badly and have horrible luck the team did OK. Might want to drop a few skills and add in some guard or claw, that what I missed a lot. 2 Wrestlers and 4 Block might have been too much. I faced DE, Lizards, Skaven, Orcs, Chaos, and Dwarfs, so a pretty tough draw for Chaos. I never won Fame. I never got of turn 2 without having a casualty against me. Finished 0W 2L 4D but stuff like this happened:

Here are some of the highlights:

3 of my games ended for a draw but with stuff like this for the win:

Need 2 GFI for the win with a RR. 1 RR 1 93%

Need a Sure Hands 3+ Pick Up and 2 GFI, Result 1 RR 1 on the pick up 62%
Next turn Need Sure hand 3+ and a 3+ Hand Off no RR. 1 RR 3 on Pick Up then a 1 on the hand off 62%

Sure Hands 3+, 2x GFIs, 4+ Pass, 3+ Catch, 3+ Hand off, 1 RR 3 Pick up, 1 RR 1 first GFI 13% but I still had a chance!

Half 0 - 0 against DE, I'm receiving the kick, thinking to grind out the game, but lost 0-2

Turn 1 2nd Half
Kick goes to deep corner, no Kicker. Blitz, I can only get the Sure Hands guy to base the ball, Witch Elf Blitz, DE Score,
Turn 2 2nd Half
Kick goes to near corner, no Kicker. Blitz, I hit the Witch elf who has the ball ball is lose, they still score
Turn 3 3nd Half
Kick goes 7 straight to sideline, Pitch invasion, Anyone who was near the ball is Stunned, scrum ensues for much of the rest of 2nd half

So 3 kicks in a row the ball went 7 spaces away from me and were optimal results for my opponent.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

That's a fairly tough draw, I agree. It's a game of dice, I don't think I've ever won a tourney game in which my opponent got 2 Blitz! results on the kick-off table. And I remember one tourney where my opponents' lowest fan roll was a 9. But at other tourneys things can go the other way. So I hope you won't be discouraged!

All the best.

Smeborg the Fleshless
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

To be fair you can't really get a good draw for Chaos.

Nuffle_Hate_Me
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Nuffle_Hate_Me »

Well team with Lots of Guard/Block or Lots of ST4 or Speed kills them and I faced that every round. If I could have hurt the Lizards or DE more I could have done better. I think I knocked over skinks 20+ times broke armor maybe 5 time and took 1 off the pitch. I think I knocked over the 1 WE on the team at least 6 times and never broke armor. I just couldn't break AV7 all day