Inducements against Nurgle

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Inducements against Nurgle

Post by Madsherman »

Hey, I'm 5 games into a season with my Norse team, and I have 170K in inducements against my next opponent: Nurgle.

I've looked at it a bit, and I can get boomer and a bribe, which would be awesome against a cage or on the LoS.. or should I just get babes instead?

Reason: ''
"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Inducements against Nurgle

Post by swilhelm73 »

Wizard?

Against a cage/bash team the wizard can generally stop an opposing TD or guarantee one for you.

Babes are a poor investment generally, but especially at low TV.

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

yeah, I guess I'm hoping that Boomer could be my multiwizard for less money... of course he needs to get closer, and can't bomb when he moves.

"Accept the fact that you're already dead. The sooner you accept that, the sooner you'll be able to function as a halfling is supposed to function: without mercy, without compassion, without remorse. All depends upon it." -Ronyld Spïers
Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Madsherman wrote:yeah, I guess I'm hoping that Boomer could be my multiwizard for less money... of course he needs to get closer, and can't bomb when he moves.
Don't forget the disturbing presence, which probably means that he'll fumble more than throw bombs.

I'd also say wizard

swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Bombers are fun...but generally not at all effective.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

Wizard.

I have played Nurgle a lot, and the inducement I most fear is the Wizard. Nurgle rely on some sort of caging play to move the ball during their long drive. Often this is a tight cage. The Wizard threatens to bust this right open, and Nurgle lack the movement and agility needed to recover from a Fireball.

Other slow and clumsy teams fear the Wizard for the same reason (Khemri for example).

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
MKL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by MKL »

I add my voice to the chorus.

Bombers are funny, ineffective gimmicks.
The wizard is the bane of the slow teams, and probably the most effective inducement overall.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I would normally take a bomber for fun... unless it was a disturbing presence or ag4 team...

Madsherman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Madsherman »

I hear a lot of people praise Boomer for Norse, but I guess that's for when you can't afford the Wizard. The forum has spoken. Wizard it is.