Dark Elf Blitzer 5+5

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Dark Elf Blitzer 5+5

Post by Skarsnikk »

Hi all,

One of my Blitzers has skilled up and rolled a 5+5, it's his second skill and he gained +ST on his first roll.
My first thought was to give him Guard, as it's a double roll, but should I be considering the movement boost?

I already have a Guard Lineman & Guard Blodging Blitzer, no other players have stat increases.

Cheers in advance for any help & advice.

Reason: ''
For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Dark Elf Blitzer 5+5

Post by crimsonsun »

With +str Id be tempted by the movement, as well as Mighty Blow though Guard is a perfectly sound choice also.

This is a case where there's not so much a wrong/right choice but more about what you want from the player.

adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Not sure its the absolute best but Mighty Blow sounds fitting.
Dodge,Tackle Side Step is still a awesome route in case the skilldice stops smiling.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I'd be voting MB. It'll help him to get to skill levels quicker in addition to helping clear the field.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

My vote is guard, Mv 7 is not shabby at all and Every dark elf team benefits from Guard whenever double are rolled (apart from on witch elves, which even then is debatable) Sure I read somewhere on here guard will get you more casualties (team wide) than MB, and as he's Ag4 scoring with him to get to the next skill is not much of an issue, especially when you add in St4!!

Once he's got Dodge he's a very mobile guard assist...

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I suppose it depends on the state of the rest of your team. But all 3 top picks are great on him.

If your witches do most of the blitzing then MB is less useful, otherwise MB goes well with ST4 as he'll need less assists. Tackle next to make him a better hunter or dodge to keep him alive.

MA8 is really nice on a team that is max MA7 and with ST4 you could make him a ball carrier and general utility player. If you already have a skilled up runner or other blizters with AG or MA then it's less good. There is the "rule of cool" as well, stat increases are rarer and cooler than doubles and 2 stats even moreso. Sometimes it's worth picking a slightly less optimal skill just to have a cool player to talk about and you'll not get MA9 or that 3rd stat next skill if you don't take this.

Guard is always a great skill to have especially with dodge and sidestep. Though if you already have a few linos with this then it can be turned down.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Skarsnikk
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Skarsnikk »

Cheers for the responses so far guys, in case it helps, here is the full team set up.

Blitzer - +ST, ??????
Blitzer - Dodge
Blitzer - Tackle
Blitzer - Dodge, Guard
Runner - Dodge
Witch Elf - Block
Lineman - Guard
Lineman - Dodge
Lineman - Dodge
Lineman
Lineman

Mostly AV 8 teams in the league with smattering of 7 & 9, not a lot if Dodge yet either.

For now I shall be a proud and mentally impaired player who apparently shares the same intelligence level of that of a chimp. Now if you would excuse me I have pressing matters to attend to, I have found a stick and I am going to poke a banana.
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by stashman »

+AV

mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

I'm jealous of your team development. I hope mine pans out that well.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
swilhelm73
Star Player
Star Player

Post by swilhelm73 »

Guard.

Elves can't get enough guard, and on a St4 player it will be gold.

The different between mv7 and 8 isn't as important.

MB is a good choice too, but ideally you build Witches Elves as your primary blitzers.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

MB, obvs.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

mzukerman wrote:I'm jealous of your team development. I hope mine pans out that well.
+1
Just i would have no runner. But a 2nd witch with wrestle.

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

+1 MA.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Guard, Dodge/Side Step next (unless you get Stand Firm) and people will have problems shifting your Guard from where you want it.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Coach Grievous
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Grievous »

You roll doubles on a DE Blitzer (Witches don't take Guard, they go MiB, Piling On.):

1) Do you already have 3 Guard players in the team? If no, then pick up more Guard.
2) You have 3 Guard already on the team. Seriously consider a fourth (and fifth) Guard. It's never bad and you'll be countering natural attrition.
3) Not taking Guard? So, do you have at least one MiB on the team? If no, then consider Mighty Blow (though really, optimally I want it on Witches).
4) You good on Guard and MiB? Grab.
5) Already have a Grabber too? Congratulations, your team is awesome and will become insane with more Guard (and/or MiB).

I don't think MA is bad on Blitzers, because it isn't, but a Doubles roll really gets you access to some really good force multipliers for your DE squad so it shouldn't be passed by imho. Even with a 6+4 result I'd look at what skills/stats the Blitzer has before actually picking it up, too.