Starting Ogre Team

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Starting Ogre Team

Post by Optimus Prime »

I am starting an Ogre Team in the Franchise League next Season in OFL

the starting value is 1.15 million.

Here is my team build for the season

5 ogres
6 snots
4 rerolls
1 apoth

i could down a snot and 1 reroll to get a free Agent snot who has block and _+1 ag just for the beginning of the season to pick up the ball etc but could possible get buy with out him and just use a normal snot until the ogres can get some BT in there skills...

i could do all 6 with 2 rerolls but really need an apoth tho...
but this build looks good for the more bang for ya buck... they have some Free agent Ogres to take but really nothing suits my playing style with those ogres i am better to skill up my own...

any thoughts

kind regards

Optimus Prime..

Reason: ''
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Starting Ogre Team

Post by Regash »

I'd say you desperately need more Snots.
They tend to break like twigs.

But I never played Ogres so far....

fanglord13
Experienced
Experienced

Starting Ogre Team

Post by fanglord13 »

Looks good mate. Don't worry about the snots as you only need one more ogre and Journeymen snotlings can fill the void until you can get enough cash to add more

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

fanglord13 wrote:Looks good mate. Don't worry about the snots as you only need one more ogre and Journeymen snotlings can fill the void until you can get enough cash to add more
thanks man thats what i was going for its a long season so i don,t mind waiting for the Extra Ogre try and get him.... and it don,t matter how many snots get injured cause they will die in droves anyway and once i get the extra Ogre ya can pretty much get snots back easy enough

MattDakka
Super Star
Super Star

Post by MattDakka »

4 rrs are too many, I'd drop 1, 3 are enough.

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

This is for Ogres right they roll more die than any other team its more for the blocks as i do not have block and in order to get it i only get that on a double so

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi there,
I've run Ogres fairly succesfully, and I recommend lots of snots right from the start.

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Aliboon »

I'd go more Snots too, dropping a rr or the APO to begin with, maybe both.

Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

Have to start with 6 Brogres imo.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Drop the APO and get 2 more snots. Ogres are AV9 and str 5 tough to kill and so ride that till Ogre 6 and then buy an apo.

OF course if you follow this advice 3 of your Ogres will die in game 1

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Jimmy Fantastic
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jimmy Fantastic »

I like the apo to use the first time a Brogre is removed. I'd certainly start with 6 Brogres, 6 Snots, 2rr, Apo.

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

I don't play Ogres. I don't like playing against them, either. It's because they have 6 Ogres. If they don't, they're not so scary. 5 Ogres and 6 Snotlings are much easier to handle than 6 and 5. In fact, if you can get the Ogres down to 4 big boys in the first half, you can breathe a little regarding the rest of the game, 'cause now a little Snot-munching will leave you with a big manpower advantage and lots of assists.

A roster with 5 Ogres has halfway eliminated itself. It's forgivable at 1M gold, because you can't afford any RRs with 6 Ogres and 0 RR sucks. But at 1.15M gold you can have two RRs and max Ogres, so go for it.

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
besters

Post by besters »

I'd drop a trr for 3 snots.

5 Ogres is fine but the snots can leave you short handed in a game plus you need to foul or at least the threat

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

thanks for the input guys except for heff hes crazy or had to many games with dwarfs... like i said this is a long league and the team continues on afterwards... if it did,nt i would consider dropping the 2 rr for an Ogre however i find it easier to buy snots than rerolls and 5 ogres i can live with however rerolls cost double and if i lose an ogre they are much more harder to get as after my first game i can buy some more snots i cannot see the point of buying snots only for them to be killed and be a rr down or harder to get a reroll as they cost 140 afterwards..