Necromantic... Kinda-1100 for Orion.

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Necromantic... Kinda-1100 for Orion.

Post by Genghis »

So... Necros for Orion. It's 1100, but at least 50k must be spent on inducements. Skill pack is 110k in skills... maximum one double, no stat increases, and no more than two skills can be given to a player. Currently thinking:

2x Wolves
2x Wights
2x Golems
1x Ghoul
5x Zombie

2x RRs
1x Babe

One wolf gets Wrestle, ghoul gets Surehands, and after that, I'm not so sure.

Any thoughts?

Reason: ''
Will drink beer for food.

The Tragically Hit - Amorical Cup '17 Team Champions
Best Defense - Underworld Cup '16

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Re: Necromantic... Kinda-1100 for Orion.

Post by Digger Goreman »

Delve through the crypt for the answers, viewtopic.php?f=25&t=38523

I'm thinking on the fly, but two babes would be useful as the KO is the worst place for Necros to languish....

Let's see... 1100....

120 werewolf + 50 (block, mighty blow)
120 werewolf + 40 (blodge)
090 wight
090 wight
110 golem
110 golem
200 five zombies
840 + 90 in skills

Now decision time.... Almost all(?) tourneys are favoring front-end skilled teams, so I commend you on your brave decision to win this one with Necros.... Your biggest problem, as always, is ball control.... For this reason I favor 3 rerolls.... I would even suggest that your last 20k in skills go to Sure Hands on a wight, using him as your pickup and ball carrier.... Hand off to the blodge WWolf if you are antsy... but I would have those puppies tearing up the opposition.... Reserves will only lighten your skill package, so rely on the one babe (not enough snuff for two) and regen to keep you on the field.... You will win/lose on those wolves causing hell for your opponent.... If you are real gutsy, eschew sure hands for kick/dp on a zombie; tackle on a wight... or go with two rerolls and surehands on a ghoul (12th player)....

Kill 'em all and raise their dead!

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Genghis »

After giving some thought, this is where my head is at right now.

2x Golem
2x Wight
WW - Block, MiB
WW - Wrestle
Ghoul - Surehands
Zombie - Kick
4x Zombie
2x Reroll
Babe

Surehands is a must. I don't want to be burning rerolls picking up the ball. Wrestle/Frenzy may not be as good as Wrackle, but I need something to deal with Blodgers. I think you've sold me on Mighty Blow on a wolf being the best double skill available, but is very dangerous sans Block. Kick can be a difference maker for Necro.

In a league, Wrestle would be a waste on a wolf, but in a tournament when skills and bodies are limited...

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Kick ass and get a zombie every game (I know they won't let you keep it) :pissed:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Maverick
Legend
Legend

Post by Maverick »

would recommend going block on both wolves last place you want a wolf is on the floor, it does mean relying on frenzy as your poor mans tackle,

dependant on your playstyle (and I am by no means a good coach so take all I say with a pinch of salt) but might advocate guard on both golems rather than a kick zed and surehands ghoul, the two working in tandem have caused my opponents more headaches than anything else :)

"Even if you win the Rat Race you're still a RAT"

Genghis
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Genghis »

Maverick wrote:would recommend going block on both wolves last place you want a wolf is on the floor, it does mean relying on frenzy as your poor mans tackle,

dependant on your playstyle (and I am by no means a good coach so take all I say with a pinch of salt) but might advocate guard on both golems rather than a kick zed and surehands ghoul, the two working in tandem have caused my opponents more headaches than anything else :)
I think if I was going to give anything to the Golems, it would be Block to make them semi-reliable. I have played a tournament with Guard-only Black Orcs, and I wasn't a fan. With 2 RR, I still think Surehands is a must. I am reconsidering Wrestle though...

Maybe going closer with Digger's original suggestion. The wolves are the star of this show, after all. :)

2x Flesh Golem
2x Wight
2x Wolf (Block/MiB and Block/Dodge)
1x Ghoul (Surehands)
5x Zombies

2x RR
1x Babe