Developing Tackle/POMB Blitzers

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Developing Tackle/POMB Blitzers

Post by mattgslater »

Hey all,

I have several ST3/AG3 teams with 0-4 Blitzers (Humans, no-BOB Orcs, Amazons, etc.) and have developed a lot of Blitzers a lot of ways. What I've observed, and I think many would agree, is that the best practice is to develop one or two Blitzers as pure hitters, with Tackle, Mighty Blow, Piling On, and two other skills. These players get a lot of Cas and will develop fast: it makes sense to plan for five improvements. I think there are a lot of skills that are all good after TPOMB, but none seems dramatically or categorically better than any of the others.

In your opinion, what are the best tracks to take on such a player? Assume GS access. Frenzy and Juggernaut? Pro and Dauntless? Guard and Grab? Some other combo? Pro at 51 SPP in the hopes that you double at 76 for Jump Up? Assume also you have only a few other players with S access. What if you have two such players? What would you take next if you rolled a double and took Jump Up? Pro to RR failed jump-ups and pushes and stuff? Juggernaut or Grab to deal with pesky Fenders? Fend?

Reason: ''
What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Developing Tackle/POMB Blitzers

Post by babass »

The track i'm following for the 1st killer in a team (GS access):
- Block > Mighty Blow > Tackle > Pilling On > Juggernaut (if only simple)
If double : CLAW (if allowed) or Pro

For the 2nd killer:
- Block > Mighty Blow > Pilling On > Tackle > Juggernaut

mattgslater
King of Comedy
Location: Far to the west, across the great desert, in the fabled Land of Comedy

Post by mattgslater »

What about players who start with Block, like most Blitzers?

What is Nuffle's view? Through a window, two-by-three. He peers through snake eyes.
What is Nuffle's lawn? Inches, squares, and tackle zones: Reddened blades of grass.
What is Nuffle's tree? Risk its trunk, space the branches. Touchdowns are its fruit.
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

The boring answer is, "depends on your team and opponents".

You can never have too much Guard, even for a player with Piling On who spends much of their time on the ground. Frenzy is probably the most solid choice, you need to knock your opponent down if you're going to use your killer skills. And if you get Frenzy, might as well get Juggs to cancel out everything that can stop Frenzy.

And if you're worried about what your sixth skill should be, then we all hate you and your first world Blood Bowl problems ;)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

For teams like humans I would want guard for sure by 4th normal skill as they serious lack it. The same with wights or blitz-ras as all their teams need that at higher TV levels.

But for those with more guard access then I like juggernaut to both cancel wrestle for extra hits and to override both downs and stand firm to allow him to retreat.

I'm not a fan of frenzy on ST3 guys as it often ends up being a handicap.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
crimsonsun
Experienced
Experienced

Post by crimsonsun »

My recent Legendary Blitz Ra's are Skilled like this:

OCC Block, MB, PO, Tackle, Juggernaut, Jump Up, Pro.
OCC Block, MB, +st, Frenzy, Juggernaut, Stand Firm, Break Tackle.
UKBBL -ag Block, MB, PO, Tackle, Juggernaut, Dodge, Pro

Pro is REALLY handy if you only use it for rerolling non turn over actions, so greedy blocks, Jump ups and the like, Juggernaut is something EVERY worthwhile killer should have as it provides options for hunting wrestle as well as being able to push away a stand firm or both down resulted blitz leaving you free to move back into safety.

I had a MM one as Thus;
Block, MB, PO, Tackle, Jump Up, Frenzy, Fend though this was before cyanide had implemented Juggernaut properly, Fend feels cowardly on this guy and frenzy is what got him killed follow up block double skulls following double skulls on the first one.

Undead Wights I've currently got a mix of Dauntless, Jump up and Statistics along with block, mb, PO, Tackle, Juggs all very successful. Other skills worth thinking about for a killer like this if mutations aren't an option, side step, dodge, Thick skull, & Guard (I dislike its synergy but guard is always good). Shadowing is a option is you've got Ma7+ or Diving Tackle if you have Jump Up.

Norse Berserker however Block, Jump up, frenzy, mb, po, tackle, Juggs, leaves two options, I like fend, Dauntless, Guard, Pro diving tackle, stand firm here these are the only killer with perhaps Skaven/Underworld that I'd advocate fend on.

Edit: Also I should say I only ever build a single killer in my teams now, any more than that and I find I am putting too many players on the floor for my liking, however I'm not so concerned about losing my killers as it only takes me 8-12 games to get a block, MB, PO, Tackle hunter back amongst my team (tested with all 3 teams 11 times in total out of 11 attempts).