How to win Most CAS with Dwarfs

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

How to win Most CAS with Dwarfs

Post by Saebelsultan »

Okay, the deal is, I have a competition runnig with three mates, that at the next tournament we play together at, we all go for as many CAS as possible (because let's face it, I am not going to play any where near the top tables). We all will be playing different races. I will be playing with dwarves. Yeah, I know, dwarves. The winner gets beer and glory.

Anyway, you get 1.100 k gold for building your team with minimum 11 regular players.
As Inducements Bribes and Master Chef can be purchased.
Up to two Star Players can be hired.
You get 3 normal skills (1 per player) for the first three games and 3 normal or 2 normal amd 1 double skill for the second three games.

I was thinking

7 Blockers
2 Blitzers
2 Troll Slayers
1 Deathroller

2 RR, 1 Cheerleader (just to use the miniature)
6 x Mighty Blow

BUT WHICH PLAYERS SHALL I GIVE THE MB TO? Rather to the Blockers for their ability to bring down even Dodgers. Or the Blitzers for their blitzes? Or the Slayers?

Looking forward to all your advice!

Reason: ''
"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Re: How to win Most CAS with Dwarfs

Post by rolo »

- Definitely skill up a Slayer, he's faster than the Blockers and with Frenzy, has the best chance to knock down most players.
- Consider at least a few Guards. More dice on your blocks is better than Mighty Blow in the long run.
- Also consider Piling On on the slayer instead of MB.

The best way to cause lots of casualties is to ask your opponent to score many TDs, meaning they keep having to put three on the line and bring their KOs back. Some people get upset at this strategy. Also, if you're going to do this, leave the Deathroller at home.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Mighty Blow on all your Longbeards then submarine your way to victory on the bottom tables playing all the stunty teams.

Do casualties count using Secret weapons? Maybe a chainsaw too for silly cheating elves.

I wouldn't bother skilling up the Slayer personally, just use him to knock Big Guys over and then foul them with the chainsaw.

Good Luck :orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

@rolo: Good point altogether, especially with the Slayers.I was ditching Guard because I thought it disposable in a fairly lowly skilled tournament environment. Will playtest though. Agree with not needing the Deathroller when letting the opponent score a lot.
@frogboy: I definitly need to check the Secret Weapon rules on Cas. Thanks for the heads up!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

Dunno... Frenzy + another player with guard will help you get 2 dice. So MB is good on a trollslayer, because you will probably knock them down.
Guard works quite well on blitzers because of MA.

Not too sure that 'just MB' will get you most CAS. you need those players go down, and having 2 dice a lot of time really helps with that.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Saebelsultan wrote:Okay, the deal is, I have a competition runnig with three mates, that at the next tournament we play together at, we all go for as many CAS as possible (because let's face it, I am not going to play any where near the top tables). We all will be playing different races. I will be playing with dwarves. Yeah, I know, dwarves. The winner gets beer and glory.

Anyway, you get 1.100 k gold for building your team with minimum 11 regular players.
As Inducements Bribes and Master Chef can be purchased.
Up to two Star Players can be hired.
You get 3 normal skills (1 per player) for the first three games and 3 normal or 2 normal amd 1 double skill for the second three games.

I was thinking

7 Blockers
2 Blitzers
2 Troll Slayers
1 Deathroller

2 RR, 1 Cheerleader (just to use the miniature)
6 x Mighty Blow

BUT WHICH PLAYERS SHALL I GIVE THE MB TO? Rather to the Blockers for their ability to bring down even Dodgers. Or the Blitzers for their blitzes? Or the Slayers?

Looking forward to all your advice!
your goal is "How to win Most CAS with Dwarfs"
>>
1/ do not take a Deathroller.
2/ take some guards. (on blitzers)
3/ MB on 1 (or 2) slayer (because of frenzy), and on some blockers (because of tackle)

Pedda
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Pedda »

Saebelsultan wrote:@rolo: Good point altogether, especially with the Slayers.I was ditching Guard because I thought it disposable in a fairly lowly skilled tournament environment. Will playtest though. Agree with not needing the Deathroller when letting the opponent score a lot.
@frogboy: I definitly need to check the Secret Weapon rules on Cas. Thanks for the heads up!
I wouldn't take the chainsaw for the same reason I wouldn't take the dethroller.
You want your opponent to score, so you'd only have that chainsaw for a couple of turns.
JaM wrote:Dunno... Frenzy + another player with guard will help you get 2 dice. So MB is good on a trollslayer, because you will probably knock them down.
Guard works quite well on blitzers because of MA.

Not too sure that 'just MB' will get you most CAS. you need those players go down, and having 2 dice a lot of time really helps with that.
I agree with JaM, it's not just about mighty blow. Mighty blow is useless if you can't knock players down.