Underworld- Is Glart worth it?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Underworld- Is Glart worth it?

Post by The Hurricane »

Is Glart worth his cost on a Underworld tourney team with 2x Blitzers starting with Guard and a Troll who starts with Block/Guard?

What say you?

Reason: ''
harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Underworld- Is Glart worth it?

Post by harvestmouse »

But Glart doesn't come with Guard, does he? The Glart I know has claw and Juggs. Stars are generally pretty expensive for what you get, however a player you do get is:

Another MA7 player
Another AV8 player
Another Block player
A furniture removal van (i.e. a player that removes AV9 players for fun)
Some protection again loner with block and juggernaut

Negatives are:
Juggernaut is a little wasted as he has block (and players will have to add skills like fend (not likely) and wrestle.
If you don't face any AV9 claw is limited compared to adding MB on a blitzer.

The bottom line though is that more than half the Underworld roster is mediocre at best. With Glart you're adding one more good player, which makes him probably worthwhile.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

You can also look at opportunity costs: what can you have instead?

220 = wizard + babe / 2x rerolls / skitter + babe, etc.

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Hurricane »

Yeah I know he doesn't start with Guard, but I was just thinking offensively having 4 guys with Block, one being a ST5, one being ST4 (Glart), and having all that Guard will give me at least 2 die blocks across the line. The Claw would come in handy as I feel there will be a lot of Orc Chaos Dwarf teams. But, like you said I am debating on cost. Can't take a wizard, and besides the movement 9 Skitter doesn't seem that effective to me.

I guess the question is am I going to get my bang for my buck with Glart. I have never used him in a tourney, but I have used him in league and loved him. Hmmmm

Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

Yes you get your bang. Used him twice - never regretted it.
With an 1100 roster you can field Glart and Skitter which makes the team much better.

Hint : get guard on a goblin - much more useful than on a blitzer

harvestmouse
Star Player
Star Player

Post by harvestmouse »

Underworld can't really go toe to toe with many rosters. They simply don't have the strength or the AV. I don't think I'd put guard on a blitzer. I'd rather have Mighty Blow. Guard for the Troll.

If you can put 2 skills on a player I'd get a 2 heads/horns goblin. You might not get great use out of him, but he'd be fun.

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

Depends a lot on the tourney.

How many skills can you stack on a player? If you can stack claw and MB in your blitzers, forget all that guard (and put some on gobbos, guard+2 heads+dodge so you can guard when needed)

Troll should be annoying with tentacles, or another claw piece (already has MB). Underworld should try to be a meat grinder, or agile teams will outplay you, and strength teams will crush you, no matter how much guard you try to put on your supposed grinders

If a star is allowed, i can't see anything that makes Glart better than Skitter (cheaper, a gutter, and the chance to block/blitz once a turn for free with no turnover risk)

And.... really, why a claw player with no MB? You miss the best part of the fun with him.

The Hurricane
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Hurricane »

I can give up to 2 skills per player. I can't have more than 4 players on my team given the same skill. 1Mill team +150K in skills. So, Guard really isn't worth it, huh? With all that Claw on the team then, what happens when I get paired up against exclusively 7AV. "Oh, better luck next time"? I feel like that would be a waste of skills, but having Glart still gives me a ST4 Blocker against things such as pesky Elves or Skaven.

besters
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by besters »

If its a choice between the two I would go with skitter, great player for Underworld and cheaper too!

Gutter Runners are great players anyway and his stabb can be a game saver

ulvardar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ulvardar »

The Hurricane wrote:I can give up to 2 skills per player. I can't have more than 4 players on my team given the same skill. 1Mill team +150K in skills. So, Guard really isn't worth it, huh? With all that Claw on the team then, what happens when I get paired up against exclusively 7AV. "Oh, better luck next time"? I feel like that would be a waste of skills, but having Glart still gives me a ST4 Blocker against things such as pesky Elves or Skaven.
Claw + MB, one blitzer

Claw, troll

Guard on the other blitzer

Something on a thrower, to have a second ballcarrier, as Skitter would be your first choice (probably block)

Dirty player on another gobbo

Some kind of sweeper, a linerat or the other thrower... your choice, block, wrestle, tackle.... that, or... depending on the amount of RR you have, leader on the other thrower.

Skitter, specially as having 1 Million team you shouldn't spend 220 on a single player.

If you get paired with AV 7 teams, you have 2 MB, a stabbing attack and a dirty player. Enough to damage them if you have good dices.

Considering 1 million teams in the tourney, i would expect the usual 1 M good races.... orcs, humans, dwarves, undead. There your claws will be useful, and you still have a gutter and a DP for fun.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

I like Glart, he's quick S4 and has block and Claw, so not many teams stall when he's on the pitch.

recently went unbeaten with U/W at a 4 game tourney, had him and skitter (1.2)

Skill wise

Block throwers
Wrestle linerats ( works well with fouling gobbo's, I did however get 4 sent off in one game :D )

guard Blitzer and Tackle Blitzer

If I had another skill it would have been Claw on the troll.

So, yes IMHO definitely worth it!!

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

ulvardar wrote:Depends a lot on the tourney.
+1
The Hurricane wrote:I can give up to 2 skills per player. I can't have more than 4 players on my team given the same skill. 1Mill team +150K in skills.
nice format for them!
but not enough budget (imo) for Glart.

I would go this way:
- SKITTER !
- troll block
- blitzer MB+Claw
- blitzer guard
- thrower leader
- linemen wrestle
- linemen wrestle
- thrower
- 6 gob
- 1 team reroll (or apo + assist + cheerleaders)

danger rat
Experienced
Experienced

Post by danger rat »

glowworm wrote:I like Glart, he's quick S4 and has block and Claw, so not many teams stall when he's on the pitch.

recently went unbeaten with U/W at a 4 game tourney, had him and skitter (1.2)

Skill wise

Block throwers
Wrestle linerats ( works well with fouling gobbo's, I did however get 4 sent off in one game :D )

guard Blitzer and Tackle Blitzer

If I had another skill it would have been Claw on the troll.

So, yes IMHO definitely worth it!!

How many rerolls did you have in that build?

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Re-rolls suck! Get a blitzer with Claw MB and one with tackle MB, get Skitter + Glart, get a Dirty Player

Skitter is good for pulling off BS touchdowns and stabbing elves, winning games

Glart is fat and has a claw

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

Well put :lol:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95