The Throwing Ogre is it worth it

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

The Throwing Ogre is it worth it

Post by Optimus Prime »

Hi Guys

I tried this a few months ago and it seems to be working... my first double is pass then strong arm then BT on my level 4 Quarterback Ogre and he has these skills...

i also took a snot and give him sure feet and then he rolled a double and give him pro hes now level 5 and got pro block sprint and sure feet... now not far away from level 6 if he makes it... its all about skilling up the other snots now which tds to get the snots into better scoring machines

i am thinking what other skills can i take on the Ogre to make him better at what i have him do, which is throw the snoltling down field to score or into cages to break them open on defense.

Anyway the snot has now i think 13 tds in 24 games... so what i am asking is what do i continue to give the Ogre... Nerves of Steel, Pro is all i can really come up with as Accurate is not really needed unless he throws the ball... hes not the block ogre that everybody builds hes purely for offense which i think you can spare one ogre the block double as i have 5 others that i can eventually get it on...

I cannot argue with the results, this Ogre has become the fore front of my offence and seems to be working pretty well.. i still drop the odd snot but with the reroll on the passing ogre it really helps keep the rerolls off the ogre and onto the snotling and if i use my reroll on the BH well i still have pro for the landing roll..

any thoughts on this or have i gone completely nuts...

kind regards

Optimus Prime.

Reason: ''
Aliboon
Super Star
Super Star

Re: The Throwing Ogre is it worth it

Post by Aliboon »

I don't think you can make him better at throwing Snots as with Strong Arm he'll either fumble or throw the inaccurate pass. NoS will help in TZs, but is I think a waste of a double. You already have BT which will help re-positioning to get out of TZs anyway.

Pro maybe to help with boneheads, but then your Ogre aren't loners.

I'd be boring and go block on doubles, probably juggernaut on normal rolls, maybe guard.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

From a tactical point of view it is a waste, from a fun and coolness perspective it is totally worth it.

Let's face it, no one plays ogres for the easy wins and ultimately the most important aspect of the game is enjoyable and memorable games. Ask yourself this, what is better? An awesome ogre/snotling duo who score some cool TD's or yet another clawpomb beastman who wins by taking out players by blitzing every turn or a 1 turn gutter runner who comes on T8/16 to win the game by rolling a bunch of 2+'s

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Regash
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Regash »

Optimus Prime wrote:any thoughts on this or have i gone completely nuts...
If it works for you, go for it!
Having fun is the most important aspect of playing games.

Optimus Prime
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Optimus Prime »

spubbbba wrote:From a tactical point of view it is a waste, from a fun and coolness perspective it is totally worth it.

Let's face it, no one plays ogres for the easy wins and ultimately the most important aspect of the game is enjoyable and memorable games. Ask yourself this, what is better? An awesome ogre/snotling duo who score some cool TD's or yet another clawpomb beastman who wins by taking out players by blitzing every turn or a 1 turn gutter runner who comes on T8/16 to win the game by rolling a bunch of 2+'s
yes... but for the easy win no...but from a tactical point of view i think its a perfect tactical aspect cause no one will be thinking you will do this as normally its too risky however you are removing most of the risk with rerolls as isn't that what everyone else does... as for fun yep it is seeing your opponent go WTF.... as you beat them....
the beastman with clawpomb i hate as its no skill to beat your opponent when the dice are heavily in ya favour and you got a reroll on that with piling on and ya mix max that shit, theres no skill in that, and this is how i beat the clawpomb teams by scoring at will to force you to score also... just need more skilled up snots to force the issue further and an ag4 or 5 snot to make it really interesting

13 tds in 24 games is proof itself