Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development Tournaments

Post subject: Skaven for M@dhobbit 2017
 Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 12:19 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

So, I will play Skaven at this year's M@dhobbit Tournament

Rules are TV 1100, swiss, resurrection 6 matches etc.

Skill allocation is semi-random; after each match you pick 3 players and roll a D3 to determine which one of them gets a skill, then you pick 3 different players (i.e. that weren't in the first set) and roll another D3 to determine which one of them gets a skill. So, 2 skills per match, skills may stack over the course of multiple rounds, and after the 3rd round, both skills may be a double.

Now, I've already decided that I will use a Rat Ogre, just to see how it plays, but that means I can't get everything I want. Feasible options I can see are:

1): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 3 Linemen, 3 Rerolls, 1 Apo (11 players)

2): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 4 Linemen, 3 Rerolls (12 players)

3): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 4 Linemen, 2 Rerolls, 1 Apo, 1 Fan Factor (12 players)

4): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 3 Gutter Runners, 6 Linemen, 3 Rerolls, 1 Apo (12 players)

5): Rat Ogre, 1 Blitzer, 4 Gutter Runners, 6 Linemen, 3 Rerolls, 1 Apo, 1 Fan Factor (12 players)

So either I have all the positionals, but then I have to choose between having only 11 players (option 1), having no Apo (option 2) or having only 2 rerolls (option 3), or I have all the reserves and rerolls and also the apo, but then I miss out on the Trower and either the 4th Gutter Runner (option 4) or the 2nd Blitzer (option 5). And I cannot get a skill on any given player with any certainty.

Which option would you choose, and why?

Post subject: Re: Skaven for M@dhobbit 2017
 Post Posted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 pm 
Star Player
Star Player

Very nice tourney, i'm sad not to be able to attend again this year :(

I think 12men+apo (or 13 men) are the best way to go, when playing skaven (ar7, etc..)

i would not take the thrower : gutter are better ball carrier, and the only need of the thrower is the leader reroll)
But with this rule set, you might never get this leader skill...

so i would go this way:

6): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 5 Linemen, 2 Rerolls, 1 Apo, 1 Fan Factor, 1 CL, 1 AC (12 players)
or
7): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 6 Linemen, 2 Rerolls, 1 Fan Factor, 1 CL, 1 AC (13 players)

anyway, i think skaven is a good choice for such ruleset :)

for skill, the 1st trio would be pretty much always the rat-ogre and the 2 blitzers, to be sure to skill your 3 "blitzers" asap, in particular after the 3rd round, to be sure to have a claw (or a block ratogre)
(except if the rat ogre get juggernaut / break tackle quite early... then there is no good choice for him anymore, except of course the double skill like claw or block)

Last edited by babass on Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Option 3, like Babass who decided to tweak your option 5....

And take leader after round 3 if not convinced by the 2 rerolls.

Why? Because I will play Khemris fully loaded mighty blow so you better get some reserves :p

see you there

Post Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:30 pm 
Super Star
Super Star

LOl Ok thankx! :)

See you tomorrow!

Board index » Blood Bowl » Tactics & Team Development Tournaments