Skaven for M@dhobbit 2017

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Skaven for M@dhobbit 2017

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

So, I will play Skaven at this year's M@dhobbit Tournament

Rules are TV 1100, swiss, resurrection 6 matches etc.

Skill allocation is semi-random; after each match you pick 3 players and roll a D3 to determine which one of them gets a skill, then you pick 3 different players (i.e. that weren't in the first set) and roll another D3 to determine which one of them gets a skill. So, 2 skills per match, skills may stack over the course of multiple rounds, and after the 3rd round, both skills may be a double.

Now, I've already decided that I will use a Rat Ogre, just to see how it plays, but that means I can't get everything I want. Feasible options I can see are:

1): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 3 Linemen, 3 Rerolls, 1 Apo (11 players)

2): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 4 Linemen, 3 Rerolls (12 players)

3): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 1 Thrower, 4 Linemen, 2 Rerolls, 1 Apo, 1 Fan Factor (12 players)

4): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 3 Gutter Runners, 6 Linemen, 3 Rerolls, 1 Apo (12 players)

5): Rat Ogre, 1 Blitzer, 4 Gutter Runners, 6 Linemen, 3 Rerolls, 1 Apo, 1 Fan Factor (12 players)

So either I have all the positionals, but then I have to choose between having only 11 players (option 1), having no Apo (option 2) or having only 2 rerolls (option 3), or I have all the reserves and rerolls and also the apo, but then I miss out on the Trower and either the 4th Gutter Runner (option 4) or the 2nd Blitzer (option 5). And I cannot get a skill on any given player with any certainty.

Which option would you choose, and why?

Reason: ''
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Skaven for M@dhobbit 2017

Post by babass »

Very nice tourney, i'm sad not to be able to attend again this year :(

I think 12men+apo (or 13 men) are the best way to go, when playing skaven (ar7, etc..)

i would not take the thrower : gutter are better ball carrier, and the only need of the thrower is the leader reroll)
But with this rule set, you might never get this leader skill...

so i would go this way:

6): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 5 Linemen, 2 Rerolls, 1 Apo, 1 Fan Factor, 1 CL, 1 AC (12 players)
or
7): Rat Ogre, 2 Blitzers, 4 Gutter Runners, 6 Linemen, 2 Rerolls, 1 Fan Factor, 1 CL, 1 AC (13 players)

anyway, i think skaven is a good choice for such ruleset :)

for skill, the 1st trio would be pretty much always the rat-ogre and the 2 blitzers, to be sure to skill your 3 "blitzers" asap, in particular after the 3rd round, to be sure to have a claw (or a block ratogre)
(except if the rat ogre get juggernaut / break tackle quite early... then there is no good choice for him anymore, except of course the double skill like claw or block)

bjorgrim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bjorgrim »

Option 3, like Babass who decided to tweak your option 5....

And take leader after round 3 if not convinced by the 2 rerolls.

Why? Because I will play Khemris fully loaded mighty blow so you better get some reserves :p

see you there

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

LOl Ok thankx! :)

See you tomorrow!