3 Roster Tournament

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

chip_killy
Rookie
Rookie

3 Roster Tournament

Post by chip_killy »

I'm considering heading to a tournament later this year that's using a 6 game, 3 roster format. Team building basics are 1.1 million and 3 skill packages: 4 normal skills, no leader, no more than 2 on one player; 2 normal, 1 double skills, no leader, no more than 2 on one player, no double on Big Guys; or 1 attribute increase.

Players are supposed to have a team for each "style" to play for 2 games - bash, dash, and flex - and the teams are grouped:

Bash: Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Goblin, Khemri, Lizardmen, Nurgle, Orc, Ogre, Undead
Dash: Dark Elf, Elf, High Elf, Skaven, Skinks, Slann, Warpstone Goblins, Wood Elf
Flex: Amazon, Chaos Pact, Halfling, Human, Necro, Norse, Underworld, Vampire

Here's what I'm considering. My team choices are less on best choices in each style and more on what I own and want to get on the table:

Bash - Chaos Dwarf
2 Bulls, both with Break Tackle
5 Dwarves, 2 with Guard
5 Hobgoblins
1 Minotaur
2 Rerolls

Dwarves with Guard to hold the center, Bulls with break tackle to run up the sides, Minotaur to Blitz, and hobgoblins to foul (13 players can afford a loss to being caught by the ref)

Dash - Slann
2 Blitzers, both with Guard
4 Catchers
6 Linemen, 2 with Tackle
4 Rerolls

Blitzers and Linemen combo to go after dodge players. Rerolls to Leap and just hope that Catchers can survive getting behind opposing team's LoS.

Flex - Chaos Pact
Troll
Ogre
Minotaur
Dark Elf with Dodge
Orc with Block
Skaven with Tackle
Goblin with Two Heads
5 Human Linemen
3 Rerolls
1 Cheerlead
1 Asst. Coach
1 Fan Factor

Only team in Flex that can get the 3 big guys. Delf gets dodge, Orc sits on the LoS with Troll and Ogre, Skaven is safety, goblin can get where he wants.

I've also go the alternate teams for consideration:
Bash - Orcs
4 Black Orcs
4 Blitzers, one with Mighty Blow, one with Guard
2 Lineorc, one with Kick
1 Thrower, with Block
Ugroth Bolgrot
3 Rerolls
1 FF

Mighty blow/guard team, Thrower gets block to hide in cage, 1 lineorc with kick to get the ball far in the other team's side of the pitch or right in the scrum, Ugroth because it's going to be a high armor field day.

Flex - Humans
4 Blitzers
4 Catchers, all with Block
2 Throwers
4 Linemen
3 Rerolls
1 FF

Budget Pro Elves. Use blitzers to open holes, get the Catchers behind the other team, hope at least one guy is open, pass the ball. Use Linemen on LoS and in defense.

Thoughts? Would you take Orcs over Chaos Dwarves, or Humans over Chaos Pact? And what skill choices/team compositions might be better?

Reason: ''