4 gobs in a 1.1m orc tourney roster - what could go wrong?

Want to know how to beat your opponents, then get advice, or give advice here.

Moderators: Valen, TFF Mods

dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

4 gobs in a 1.1m orc tourney roster - what could go wrong?

Post by dfunkateer »

Yo,

I want to include 4 gobs in a 1.1mil, 6 skill Orc tourney roster. I know conventional orc rosters don't do that, but if I just wanted to bash, I'd play dwarves.

Does anyone out there have any ideas of how to effectively include 4 gobs in an orc build? What other players would you take? What skills would you give and to whom?

The number of good available options is making my brain hurt.

Ta.

Reason: ''
"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Re: 4 gobs in a 1.1m orc tourney roster - what could go wron

Post by dreamscreator »

Loki used a Orc roster with 4 gobbos in a Bubba Tournament and finished 3rd or 4th. I can't remember. But it was a 1200TV roster.

If I remember it was 1 troll, 4 bob, 4 blitzers, 4 gobbos. I don't know how many rerolls or apo.

And skills I think were MB in the bob, sure hands in one of the blitzers, and block in the troll.

If you want to play bit less banshy. Take block in the bob and troll, sure hands in one of the blitzers. If you have more skills, sprint, sure feet or side step on gobbos, maybe diving tackle for defense.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Yep finished 3rd, technically I had 5 Goblins as I also took Bomber Dibblesnot. TV was 1150.

So in a 1.1 you can have:
Troll
4 x BOB
4 x Blitzer
4 x Goblin
3 RR

You were allowed 4 skills I had Block on Troll and 2 BOB's and Sure Hands on a Blitzer.

Results vs were:
Necromantic 2 - 1
W Elves 1 - 1
Humans 1 - 1
P Elves 1 - 1
Dwarves 1 - 0
Goblins 1 - 0

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
dfunkateer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by dfunkateer »

Thanks guys. The other roster that has been suggested at 1.1m was:

Ripper
Troll
4 blitzers
4 gobs
Line orc
Thrower

2 RR

Genuinely torn between this and the one that Loki took. No Blorcs seems like heresy, although maxing the MA6 players plus having Ripper seems like a decent compromise.

Is Ripper worth it? Maybe he is in a gob-heavy build, although I have a hard time spending 3.5 blorcs worth of gold on 1 player.

Decisions decisions.....

"He's a better player than he looks." Geggster about Dfunkateer, Stone Bowl 2018.

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

Ripper is amazing but... for a Goblin team.

I don't see a Orc team with the standard 4 BOB and 4 Blitzers. Before expend the money in Ripper I would prefer use that money in Varagh and you still have some money left.

But I have said, the base for any Orc team is 4 BOB and 4 Blitzer and built the team from there.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

I think the Ripper roster would be fun to play but that you would struggle to be very competitive with it. You could score with it but you would struggle on Defence. So it depends what you want out of a tournament, if you want some fun cool, if you want to challenge for the top places might need a slightly less 'unusual' Orc build.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.