EUROBOWL 2009 - ITALY - NOVEMBER 7/8

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

We Scots are absolutely delighted with 5th.

I'm a little dissappointed with only getting 2.5 points, thjough drawing 2.5 dwarf teams gives me some consolation.

Quick game summaries:
Game 1 vs Portugese CDs: Can't remember any more than this being a terrific and very even game that ended in a draw.

Game 2 vs German Dark Elves: Got a couple of quick Cas. Kept rolling well vs Armour. He missed a few crucial rolls at bad times, including when trying for a fairly unlikely last turn equaliser when he was down to 6 players. Win 2-1.

Game 3 vs French Dwarfs: When people say that Dwarfs own Amazons, this is the game they mean. Never stood a chance. Lost (2-0?)

Game 4 vs Hungarian Lizardmen: One horrendous turn lost me my momentum, and the dice never gave me a chance to get back in it. May as well have been playing Hobgoblins. Lost 2-0.

Game 5 vs Danish Dwarfs: Scored a straightforward one. Had the return attack pretty much stymied until another very short turn left the score open. He spent the entire second half driving and I got all the luck I hadn't had earlier in the game in one big lump to stoop him equalising. Draw 1-1

Game 6 vs Belgian Skaven: Was driving hard until a bad turn left my Blodging SH ball carrier open to a half die wrestle blitz...double both down. GR got the ball up the side, I nailed him and the crowd kindly threw the ball in the perfect position for me to make the score. He did the rat thing top of second half for 1-1, and I never really got my attack going for the winner. Another 1-1 draw.

Thank you to everyone for a really good time. Apologies for any bad humour from my extreme hangover on saturday morning.

Also:
Eyebrows.
"You , I see you. I see picture. Please to keep it away from me" or words to that effect. (Obeliz)
"you're wrong" (The Italians to Jimany.)
Bloodbowl ist ein vinterschpel (Thank you Austria).

Reason: ''
I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Yeah thanks to every single person who was there and made this an awesome event. Also special thanks to our hosts in Bologna city - Beppe and Manu.

Congratualations Italy, though it's getting boring now ;)

Special mention to Scotland who were 5th! You'll be hosting EB some time soon I think...

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

Thank you all for coming: it has been really an amazing weekend. I hope you had fun in these days. I did :D
I'm looking forward to see you next time in France for EB 2010 or earlier (I'm considering to attend to an English tournament next year...)!!!
I was very pleased to show the city to Paul, Brendan, Luke and Ian: I liked a lot the Friday city tour :D
Finally I'd like to advice all the EB players: never fall asleep at the EB if Gavin is in your same place!!! :lol:

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
Obeliz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Obeliz »

THANKS FOR ALL ¡¡¡

It's a pleasure stay with you guys ;)

Gavin: Stay far from meeeee ¡¡¡¡ :lol: :lol: :lol:

UtakHai
Veteran
Veteran

Post by UtakHai »

What a weekend !
Again Eurobowl does not seem to be my tournament, played 1/2/3 like 2 years before.
Maybe Darkelves were just the wrong choice, but every game I lost was only 1-2 against me, so close but fair.
The game against Thadrin was more or less the clearest loss, starting your first drive with 8 players without reserve ? Won't work..
Thanks to Marco, Thadrin, Xod, Ben,Geoff and the hungarian Necro player (sorry, forgot your name).

Also a big THANK YOU to the orga, everything went well, except sleeping at night & the train ride to Bologna and back to Basel, damn SBB :pissed:

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I have no idea what you are all talking about, i think I behaved very well :)

Great weekend, and Well chuffed with the 5th place finish. Looking forward to France already.

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

We did it : First participation of Portugal.
And we didn't finish last (merci les belges et mon ami bram).

We wanted to thank everybody, and specialy the Italian for the organisation.
This eurobowl was perfect.

I hope see you last year.

Trying to play bloodbowl.
Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

Valen wrote:I have no idea what you are all talking about, i think I behaved very well :)
Ask Jim if he thinks so :lol:

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
Valen

Post by Valen »

Hows your beard buddy :)

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Pippy wrote:Congratualations Italy, though it's getting boring now ;)
I'll assume that's aimed at me, but if not, that's f'ing rich..!!

Cheers all- even DarkSteve who I could only laugh at as he anihilated my team and still complained his Mighty Blow blitzer wasn't breaking armour :P

Loved giving it back to the Italians (as always) and my conversations with Christophe about his psycho kids, PubBowler and the mechanics of the eye and eyebrows (and how he gradually gets closer and closer to you as he teaches), Black Orcs in game commentary ("i wil not com near your troll as i am a cowerd" in Monty Python style) and Egon (Sputniks) random comments like "things that make you go hmmm".

Once you get past the insane passion of the Italians, the complete psychological onslaught of the Spanish, and the outright aggression of the French, you realise what top quality coaches you are actually playing.

Must thank Beep for organising everything and working tirelessly for all concerned, and Pippy for being such a great captain.

See you all in Toulouse... "la tete du Champigion"

Mr 1-in-20
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

No I just mean it's becoming predictable that the Italians always win... ;)
Ironjaw wrote: the insane passion of the Italians, the complete psychological onslaught of the Spanish, and the outright aggression of the French
Good summary of the different national characteristics :lol:

You forgot to mention the ruthless efficiency of the Germans. Or maye not :P :wink:

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Valen wrote:I have no idea what you are all talking about, i think I behaved very well :)
You need a naughty STAIRCASE...
Most definitely not the messiah.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Ironjaw
Crassest person in Blood Bowl

Post by Ironjaw »

Pippy wrote:You forgot to mention the ruthless efficiency of the Germans. Or maye not :P :wink:
Ha! that reminds me that half way through my game with Sputnik, he turned to Wookie and said "Ahh, the English Inginuity".

No idea what he was on about...

Mr 1-in-20
Valen

Post by Valen »

UtakHai
Veteran
Veteran

Post by UtakHai »

Pippy wrote: You forgot to mention the ruthless efficiency of the Germans. Or maye not :P :wink:
We were very efficient in loosing against Scotland and England.

In the other games we almost forgot about that, except me :lol:
Ops, I did it again....