27%
Random/Swiss
3%

Total votes: 67

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

If i remenber the idea was to set a individual tournament in the same time and place of the Eurobowl.

Reason: ''
Trying to play bloodbowl.
Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

haktar wrote:If i remenber the idea was to set a individual tournament in the same time and place of the Eurobowl.
We also tought about this when we organized EB for the first time in 2006. We realizaed it was almost impossible to find a place so large to host 2 very big tournaments. It also would have been very difficult to manage the organization of such an event, so we decided tu run only the EB. In Italy a lot of people wanted the side tournament and I think that the situation is the same in all European countries with a big BB community.
If in the future someone will decide to run also the side tournament, will find a suitable place to host both the tournaments and will manage to organize the event: well..... it will be simply great!!! :D
We can't manage that... :cry:

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

Beppe#2 wrote:
haktar wrote:If i remenber the idea was to set a individual tournament in the same time and place of the Eurobowl.
We also tought about this when we organized EB for the first time in 2006. We realizaed it was almost impossible to find a place so large to host 2 very big tournaments. It also would have been very difficult to manage the organization of such an event, so we decided tu run only the EB. In Italy a lot of people wanted the side tournament and I think that the situation is the same in all European countries with a big BB community.
If in the future someone will decide to run also the side tournament, will find a suitable place to host both the tournaments and will manage to organize the event: well..... it will be simply great!!! :D
We can't manage that... :cry:
Indeed the difficulty is to find the place...

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

lucifer wrote:In 2008 (Spain) 6 months before the event I asked Spain if they wanted the "Eurobowl" system updating and was told no. When I landed in Spain I was asked where the software was :roll: Complete disaster was averted at the last minute and they used a normal tournament piece of software (I think Score!), hence why it was Swiss/Swiss
That's half true and half wrong (not false) :wink:

We decided to play swiss/swiss since the moment we know we organise Eurobowl, I think it's posted in this forum, but we trusted in "Kerrunch software" and that was the problem we had (Sorry "K" :wink: )

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Longshot wrote: Only 5 big guns can play the title: Italy, Germany, England, Spain, France.
haktar wrote:
Longshot wrote: All the other teams, no offence meant will not play the title.
We will see :D (i'm not offenced but i think you are wrong)
Well... So what s the final standing?
4 of the 5 big guns on top 4, i guess i wasnt wrong ;)

Hope everyone had fun though ! And i guess it was a great pleasure for Portugal for their first appearence :D

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

Longshot wrote:
Longshot wrote: Only 5 big guns can play the title: Italy, Germany, England, Spain, France.
haktar wrote:
Longshot wrote: All the other teams, no offence meant will not play the title.
We will see :D (i'm not offenced but i think you are wrong)
Well... So what s the final standing?
4 of the 5 big guns on top 4, i guess i wasnt wrong ;)

Hope everyone had fun though ! And i guess it was a great pleasure for Portugal for their first appearence :D
Yes pleasure for our first appearence.

But, the Denmark play the title...

rodders
Legend
Legend

Post by rodders »

scotland wasn;t that far behind

Propping up the Chelmsford Bunker since 2010

NAF RTO southern UK