Eurobowl Location

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Eurobowl Location

Post by Grumbledook »

Just wondered what everyone else felt about spreading the eurobowl around a bit more.

The french won the first one but the second was hosted in germany. After that imo the winners only got to host it as it was the most obvious way of doing things that early on when there were loads of countries to choose from who hadn't yet hosted it.

This seems to have stuck now, though I think it would be nice if a country who has already hosted it, gives that option up and it takes place somewhere else it hasn't been before instead.

Not only will this give coaches an opportunity to play somewhere they haven't before, but it would also give the teams who decide not to take things as seriously a chance of hosting it.

Sharing it around Europe goes with the spirit of the tournament as well. I'd love to travel to countries I've not yet played in or visited before. It may also help develop the game and communities in countries where perhaps blood bowl isn't as popular right now.

What does everyone else think about this? Agreeing it before this years Eurobowl would seem to make more sense as the team that wins wouldn't feel like it is being taken away from them. Obviously if a team that hasn't won it before should win, they should get first refusal at hosting it.

Reason: ''
Mauz
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mauz »

+1

Naf Coach 'Mole'

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I agree, let the highest placed nation that hasnt hosted it host it next year, good idea Grum

+1

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Grum, it's a brilliant idea.

+1

If a nation wins who has hosted Eurobowl before, then someone else should get a chance. Draw lots probably best way... ;-)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
wp
Experienced
Experienced

Post by wp »

+1 :D

I said something very similar to Farina some times ago. The first team who hasn't ever hosted the €b could organize next edition.

Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

In last few days I talked with Lucifer about some topics related with Eurobowl. We talked mainly about the drawing (swiss or random), but also about the hosting country. I'd also like to play EB in countries which never hosted the tournament as Jon said.
I also said that it would be good to have an Eurobowl Commitee composed by the team captains. This Committe should decide the ruleset of the tournament, according to the spirit of the tourny and the BB community. The Committee should also decide the hosting country among ones which propose themselves to host the tournament and which never hosted it before. What do you think about that?

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
daz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by daz »

Hosting eurobowl in a new country each year is a good idea.
+1 for Grumble.
Otherwise I think it's better than organizing country decide alone of the ruleset like this year. It's easier to agree everybody. :wink:

€bowler
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I'd prefer that then the host nation deciding everything. Could just be a nominated rep from each country rather than necessarily the national captains, though I imagine most will be the same guy anyway.

wp
Experienced
Experienced

Post by wp »

Beppe#2 wrote:The Committee should also decide the hosting country among ones which propose themselves to host the tournament and which never hosted it before. What do you think about that?
I think that is a little to long and complex... A committee of captain that are not the same every year, that are living in different countryes, and speak differents lenguages. It is easy to say but may take to much time and usually there is only one year from a €bowl to the next one.

Let the first team that hadn't ever host the €bowl organize it ;)

Roller

Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

wp wrote: I think that is a little to long and complex... A committee of captain that are not the same every year, that are living in different countryes, and speak differents lenguages. It is easy to say but may take to much time and usually there is only one year from a €bowl to the next one.
Yes, maybe it's too difficult for many reasons...
wp wrote: Let the first team that hadn't ever host the €bowl organize it ;)
I like this idea!!!

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Yeah that would be really straightforward - highest placed team who has not held EB gets to host and gets to chose the rules. If they wish to open up a discussion about the rules amongst the the teams/captains then that's their call.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

+1

tiamo69
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tiamo69 »

+1 to the idea of moving it around & giving every country the opportunity to show of their nation & also help them to develop their BB Community...
i

Possibly improving but, my dice rolls aren't! :O)
NAF 13759

2011 Rocket Bowl III: Most Casualties (22) & Most Sent Off (8)
2012 Rocket Bowl IV: Most Casualties (26) & Most Sent Off (9)
Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

+1

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

+1, so we welcome everybody in Belgium next year? :wink:

In that case we will have to do better then our match against spain last year. :oops: