Eurobowl Location

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

wp wrote: Let the first team that hadn't ever host the €bowl organize it ;)
I like this idea. There is two advantages :
- visit europ through the tournament
- make another goal in the competition : to win the organization of the next Eurobowl.

Are you ready to go to Portugal?

Reason: ''
Trying to play bloodbowl.
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

It's a great idea. Which past winning countries would be up for it?

On a side note this idea would only be valid for a limited time, maybe 5-6 years before every bloodbowl nation has hosted it.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

not really, then you just look at who has hosted it twice before going round a rotation again

also with there being 12ish and possibly more in the future (sweden etc) think it will be more than 5/6 years

places that haven't hosted it:

denmark, france, portugal, scotland, hungary, switzerland, austria, belgium

with rumours of polish and welsh teams as well for instance there are lots of places to visit yet ;]

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Grumbledook wrote:not really, then you just look at who has hosted it twice before going round a rotation again

also with there being 12ish and possibly more in the future (sweden etc) think it will be more than 5/6 years
So extrapoling the system, in about 5-6 years, if a new country want to participate, the members will have to organise the event the year after since they never hosted it. This makes sens to me.

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Given the logistics involved I would suggest that a nation attends one before attempting to organise it

it involves more work than a normal tournament as you know loads of coaches are travelling in from lots of foreign directions

tiamo69
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tiamo69 »

Grumbledook wrote:not really, then you just look at who has hosted it twice before going round a rotation again

Grumble;

as a newbie, returning to the BB fold after far too many years away & after experiencing FUMBBL; i'm amazed that their aren't more Scandanavian countries entering teams into the Eurobowl...

FUMBBL seems positively awash with very good & keen scandanavian players (& that's not just down to the host!); can't see it being long before more teams come from these countries, as well as all of the new ex-eastern block nations...

I've seen & played against players from Poland & Hungary & am sure that with both FUMBBL & the release of the PC Game, we should, hopefully, see more countires emerging & joining the tabletop fold...

fingers crossed!

but yes, shouldn't be a problem with longevity of the rotation system, after hosting once, it goes to twice etc, etc.

obvious proviso however, would be ensuring that 'new' countries were confident in their own abilities to organise & host the tourney?

I know we're not talking FIFA Euro Competion status, with stadia etc, however, it's still no easy feat organising & running a local league, while juggling your normal life commitments. would hate to see anyone feel pressurised into organising something that they couldn't effectively commit to.

just something that would need to be considered, if & when a relatively inexperienced team/country are in that position...

& yes, i know that there are plenty of people around who would be able to offer them support, advice & possibly assistance. just making the point, that not everyone would want the responsibility...

Possibly improving but, my dice rolls aren't! :O)
NAF 13759

2011 Rocket Bowl III: Most Casualties (22) & Most Sent Off (8)
2012 Rocket Bowl IV: Most Casualties (26) & Most Sent Off (9)
Marco Gianni
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Marco Gianni »

Why not doing like the CIO concerning the Olympic Games location ?

Each country that wish to host the Eurobowl can propose a project which may contains some informations like :

- the place and accomodations for the players
- the cost per team (it's important, isn't Hoomin' ? ;))
- the period in the year (why Eurobowl must take place in november each year ? It's not the best season for the southern countries)
- the possiblity, or not, to organize a side event which could bring some more people to the party...

I suppose that a group of europlayers (I'm thinking of those who are really implicated in the stuff) could vote for the best choice.

Well, just suggestions ;) Next year it's in France :lol:

Co-organizer of RUGBOWL
Results 2010
Pics

NAF WC Team Champion (Les Azes)
Individual Runner up
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

with rumours of polish and welsh teams as well for instance there are lots of places to visit yet ;]
you could always a fixed rota after everyone has done it. So go back to the Netherlands, Germany, England, Italy and Spain etc. Which also give people plenty of time to organise teams / venues etc.

If a new team appears for example Sweden they get added to the end as long as they have done a eurobowl before.

Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
tiamo69
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by tiamo69 »

Marco Gianni wrote:Well, just suggestions ;)
Next year it's in France :lol:
Yes, but which part of France!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

Possibly improving but, my dice rolls aren't! :O)
NAF 13759

2011 Rocket Bowl III: Most Casualties (22) & Most Sent Off (8)
2012 Rocket Bowl IV: Most Casualties (26) & Most Sent Off (9)
Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

tiamo69 wrote:
Marco Gianni wrote:Well, just suggestions ;)
Next year it's in France :lol:
Yes, but which part of France!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:
the French bit :)

Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I've tried on Fumbbl before to encourage more countries to come along (and on here). I've managed to bait enough portugese players now it appears. I was pushing for them to go last year as it was nice and close to them in Spain.

Don't think there is much tabletop action in Sweden, Norway and Finland though. They appear to mostly stick to fumbbl.

I don't really mind how a new host is picked (assuming we have a repeat winner). I would have preference to ones who can sort out a venue and dates ASAP as that would make it easier for nations to get a team together sort out travel (accomodation if needed) etc.

Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

Great idea Grumble.

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

I like the idea - somewhat.
The idea of going to different countries are cool.
But there are a couple of things that I believe could end up as trouble...

1) Lets say it ends up in the manner that best placed team, that hasn´t held it before has to do it next. Are they willing? Is it supported enough?
And especially if it´s a rookie nation, it could easily turn out some rather big problems.
I fear that due to internal trouble, a Eurobowl tournament will suddenly be cancelled due to whatever trouble they run into.

2) People will start arguing about time and everything, if it´s not relatively fixed as now. I dislike the idea of countries "bidding" for the Eurobowl, it is much better to know where it´s going to be held, so you have a year to prepare for it - to try and search for interesting and cool places to play.

3) If we are interested, I know I have said this before but I´m giving it another try.
If we are changing system, I suggest we arrange things not 1 year in advance, but two years.
In that case, we can apply for EU to sponsor us, due to the fact that we´re integrating the different countries in europe.
They will probably sponsor us with an amount in the region of 10.000 Euros. This should go into organising everything, so that accomodation & cost of living would be minimal - perhaps even travels.

Hopefully this would open up for more countries, as the price would be lower...

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

Topper wrote:I like the idea - somewhat.
The idea of going to different countries are cool.
But there are a couple of things that I believe could end up as trouble...

1) Lets say it ends up in the manner that best placed team, that hasn´t held it before has to do it next. Are they willing? Is it supported enough?
And especially if it´s a rookie nation, it could easily turn out some rather big problems.
I fear that due to internal trouble, a Eurobowl tournament will suddenly be cancelled due to whatever trouble they run into.
I not aggree, the question is not to be a rookie country or not. It's a matter of men.If the country is lead by organized players there will be no problem.

Trying to play bloodbowl.
Princelucianus
Legend
Legend

Post by Princelucianus »

For the first eurobowl there was a French and Dutch second team.
We told in the beginning, that if either of them won it, it would be organised by the second best (France 1 was their championship team).

So, France 2 won and the Germans happily accepted their responsibility by coming second.
So, If all teams are clear on the issue, I don't think it should be any problem.

"If you compete and you get a high ranking, you might be next years organisor" If you don't want that, please tell in advance.

Maybe an organisor flag should be introduced :lol:

Lucy

RCN: Keeper of the sacred dice