next month i'll try skaven!!

if not i'll take amazons!!

Reason: ''
haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Eurobowl/Eur'Open Bowl october 16, 17 . Anglet France

Post by haktar »

Joemanji wrote:Anyone know what race Ludo played for Switzerland?

Or what race Dju played for Portugal?
Dju = Obelix, he played skaven, and he's portuguese. His name Julien Carvalhos.

Trying to play bloodbowl.
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Joemanji wrote:NAF results now live. Let us know of any errors you spot.

Frikipe is the new world #1. Felipe! High five! :wink: Pippy looking very strong with 2 teams in the top 7.
I understood that invitational tourneys cannot be NAF sanctioned... I fact Kerrunch told me in MasterBowl. What I lost?

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Eurobowl has always been NAF ranked/sanctioned. The rule against invitational tournaments is in place to stop someone inviting 5 rubbish friends to their house and getting ranking points for beating them. Eurobowl is in fact the opposite of that ... the field is the strongest of any tournament in the world. So the rule makes no sense. It is also not a true invitational tournament, in that many countries (though not all) vote for captains or allocate places in the team based upon performance in a regional event.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
necromancer

Post by necromancer »

Again, gratz to England! Well done.

Thanks to all for a great Eurobowl! I hope to see everybody again at the World Cup and Eurobowl in Denmark 2012.

txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Joemanji wrote: in that many countries (though not all) vote for captains or allocate places in the team based upon performance in a regional event.
This should be somehow compulsory!!!

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Joemanji wrote:Eurobowl has always been NAF ranked/sanctioned. The rule against invitational tournaments is in place to stop someone inviting 5 rubbish friends to their house and getting ranking points for beating them. Eurobowl is in fact the opposite of that ... the field is the strongest of any tournament in the world. So the rule makes no sense. It is also not a true invitational tournament, in that many countries (though not all) vote for captains or allocate places in the team based upon performance in a regional event.
Yep, but I think is better to make no exceptions to general rules. Specially when almost all players are coming no matter if that is NAf or not.

Keep in mind that exceptions implied subjective point of view, for example about "what's the field that is the strongest" of wherever. I agree all the players in are good, but not all the good ones are in...

It doesn't mind for me anyway. I'm not interested in Eurobowl, I agree all of your rules and keep my opinion in mind. But take into account that when Spain organized Eurobowl, lots of Loners come out their dungeons to call for classifications, tourneys to take place in spanish team, SpainBowl and so on... just because this was in their country (cheap and near).

So, what are NAF to do if people starts to make CountryBowls by invitation. Will be they also NAF sanctioned?

Mmmmm... take it as just a warn for all you, guys. If things were like that before, doesn't mean that this is the best way to do that kind of things. I told that to Kerrunch and Tarra (such a long travel to MasterBowl to talk about, you know).

I think Eurobowl is one thing or another. Invitational "Pro" Tourney make from friends to friends, or High Level Open NAF Tourney such NAF World Cup.

No one can get all the things in this life, specially if you want to do it right :wink:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Niebling
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Niebling »

Thank you to all that made this a wonderful event! :)

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Before this turns into White noise I'd like to thank the organisers and may opponents for a great tournament.

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Vigfus »

Concerning the Naf sanctioning of Eurobowl. It also serves another purpose.
Most countries NAF ratings are not necessarily comparable, because many coaches stick to tournaments in their countries, creating a sort of isolated ratings. Games between different nationalities encourage a better NAF rating. Danmark had a remarkably low NAF rating, unjustly. And the reason for that is that the Danes only have a couple of tournaments per year which are NAF sanctioned. An event such as Eurobowl helps balance the NAF points across Europe.

I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
txapo
Star Player
Star Player

Post by txapo »

Vigfus wrote: Danmark had a remarkably low NAF rating, unjustly. And the reason for that is that the Danes only have a couple of tournaments per year which are NAF sanctioned. ...
It would be easier and cheaper if you get twelve people together and agree to organaize a tournament each month!!! Basque country is smaller than Denamark but there are arround 7 NAF tournaments during the year.

Beppe#2
Il Bunga Bunga Presidente

Post by Beppe#2 »

Congratz to the English Team for the brilliant and deserved victory: weel done guys :wink:
Congratz also to team Denmark for a magnificent 2nd place: you've been so near in gaining the tournament.
I want also to thank the organization for the magnificent job and for the venue which was really nice.
Thanks also to my opponents (Sladmortis, JManu, Lukechin, Ambush3, Geggster, Casper) for the fair and nice games I played with you.
I had a great time with you guys this weekend and it's always amazing attending at EB. This time we did no a good result, but be sure that next time will be different!
We've just to fire Farina... :lol:

Mamma mia!!! Luca Toni!!!
Bobby from Latvia
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Vigfus wrote:An event such as Eurobowl helps balance the NAF points across Europe.
Just for the invited people to come ;)

Anyway, that's my point, and I'm pretty sure you're going to ignore it. If I have an oppinion, I usually explain it. And this was just one friendly suggest to avoid NAF and you, guys, future problems. No trying to make "white noise".

Please, continue congrat every each other :zzz:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

If I didn't say so already, thank you to everyone for a very very special weekend - to Daz and the organisers, to Team England, to all the other nations and team members. Truly amazing and amazing fun!

Hi Pako, hope the alcohol-fuelled medical career is still going strong! ;)

On Eurobowl and rankings - you should know that it was not ranked without very extensive discussion between all of the international Tournament Coordinators.

I hear your concerns and they are not to be dismissed. To be ranked, which I agree with Vigfus and others is important, selection-based tournaments like Eurobowl should be:

*essentially open to all e.g. side events like EurOpen are very important
*team membership should not be exclusive - the criteria for inclusion should be made clear to all coaches in each nation/province/state
*Ideally an open discussion should occur (perhaps on local message boards) about what the above criteria are

Now, I couldn't say with certainty that this year we have full compliance with the above. But I believe that EB7 was the most inclusive EB yet.

Eurobowl is a fantastic concept and NAF support/ranking can only make it better.

Right now we are rightly focusing energies in congratulating France on hosting a fantastic tournament. But I think things could yet improve with respect to inclusiveness - at least if it will continue to be NAF ranked.

We have two years but this will be discussed further amongst the NAF RTOs and NTOs.

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

You're right. Precisely I cannot congrat France 'cause I was drinking in my birthday to maintain my extraordinary youthly fashion 8) , but I'm sure it was fantastic as usual... :wink:

So, I'm strong NAF supporter... that's my reason to talk. Just add :orc:

GREEN DOG FIGURINES