Eurobowl/Eur'Open Bowl october 16, 17 . Anglet France

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Re: Eurobowl/Eur'Open Bowl october 16, 17 . Anglet France

Post by Valen »

It is less than 3 months from the event, when are the rule changes going to stop and we know exactly what the rules are, it is making it very difficult to arrange a team the constant changes

Reason: ''

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
daz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by daz »

Don't worry , these changes are minor, they won't have consequences on your rosters choice except if you choose to play weak rosters. Relax everything is gonna be all right.

€bowler
Valen

Post by Valen »

So is this the final rules then?

A 6 guard Ogre team would be quite scary on Sunday morning, especially if it had Nobbla aswell.

A bribed up gobbo team with Nobbla and rookie chainsaw would also cause a few issues, especially when both teams are 200 gc higher than the opponents

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
daz
Veteran
Veteran

Post by daz »

Test it Valen if you say right you will surely win ;)

We often have tested this system in french TV 110 tourney and it just give a little advantage for stunty. They can whisper an average final ranking , surely not a podium (3 best places)

It will give fun for weak player and may scare powergamers ;) .

€bowler
Valen

Post by Valen »

daz wrote:It will give fun for weak player and may scare powergamers ;) .
It will most certainly do that lol

I can just picture the scene first thing Sunday, I sit down with a blinding headache from the previous nights festivities to be faced by one of them rosters, oh dear lol

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

daz wrote:Don't worry , these changes are minor, they won't have consequences on your rosters choice except if you choose to play weak rosters. Relax everything is gonna be all right.
Sorry Daz, but I strongly disagree. These changes are not minor. Minor would be giving Tier 3 an extra skill, or an extra 50k. Giving them 200k and all inducements is massive. And why the massive jump for these three but nothing for others like Rotters or Vampires? It makes no sense, sorry :-(

Teams also need a finalised rules set to organise who will play, and with what. I hope we have this very soon as it is less than 12 weeks till we play........

Valen

Post by Valen »

If you made it all inducements for all and the little guys get say an extra 50k or even 100k then no problem, but as Geoff said, 200k and all inducements over everyone else is huge.

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

I am ok, this is an huge change of 200K + allowing inducement.

But is it a bad thing?

In addition are card allowed?

Trying to play bloodbowl.
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

dunno why just those teams were picked and it wasn't filtered down through all the races like was suggested ages ago

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

in addition, if my team of TR 110 play against a team of TR 130, do i receive 200 k of inducement?

Trying to play bloodbowl.
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

Haktar, I'm not part of the organising committee however....

Stunties get extra money so that they can conceivably compete. Inducements for the other (lower-value) team would make that extra money pointless.

So no. You would not get inducements. Only the stunty would get inducements and only if it hadn't used up the 1.3 million on purchasing a team.

Whilst I admire the attempt to even the battlefield across the races - and perhaps the extra 200k has been playtested sufficiently so that it balances stunties nicely with the tier one teams, it seems odd to have ignored the tier 2 teams.

Personally - I think that 200k is too much but as I haven't playtested it I would defer to those that have.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Valen

Post by Valen »

Daz,

When will we know if these are the final rules, just need to know one way or another please

Gav

Gorbad
Disco Purist

Post by Gorbad »

@Valen, Geggster and Bum Monkey:

If you think it's a bit over the top to get these inducements and the 200k, can I then assume that under current rules you guys would be bringing ogres, halflings or goblins? Because if not... well... then it can't be that competitive right?

Valen

Post by Valen »

I can confirm that if these rules are used, then Tean Scotland will gave a goblin and Ogre team, possibly flings but not sure, thats HOW competitive I think this change makes the stunties

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Gorbad wrote:@Valen, Geggster and Bum Monkey:

If you think it's a bit over the top to get these inducements and the 200k, can I then assume that under current rules you guys would be bringing ogres, halflings or goblins? Because if not... well... then it can't be that competitive right?
Almost certainly at least one of them....Yes!! More of a problem is that they have had nearly a year, and now we are 11 weeks away and (I think) they're still creating or changing rules.....