The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

daz
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I'm confused.... :-(

Post by daz »

@ Duke:

We already have explain why we choose this rule for captains in the eurobowl proposed ruleset.

We count on the captains to be worthy of their situation and not to propose teams of mercenaries representing badly their Nation. We know the difficulty of some teams to be complete, that is why we do not impose native quotas on the number of coaches composing their team.

Your anxiety is understandable but we all know that problem won't appear this year. All the 10 teams represent their nation and the tourney will run as good as in the past .
So theoretically, you're right but concretly the captains organize their team in reasonable way.
Sweden won't win this year and even if we need a freebooter team this year (if team wales would be completed) I would arrange myself to freebooter team has no chance to win the tourney.

When we created Eur'Open we made it open to everybody in order to to share this pleasure with all non selected coaches who are involved in our growing community .
I support the idea that eurobowl belongs to all. We are all connected: without blood bowl community, no tourney, nor national leader, nor national team, nor Eurobowl. Let them share this moment with us.

At this point, we can't change this because, the flights and the hotel are booked . As you know organizers have finacal responsability and few means .

Reason: ''
€bowler
Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Re: I'm confused.... :-(

Post by Dark Duke »

daz wrote:So theoretically, you're right but concretly the captains organize their team in reasonable way.
Sweden won't win this year and even if we need a freebooter team this year (if team wales would be completed) I would arrange myself to freebooter team has no chance to win the tourney.
I'm glad to hear that :D
daz wrote:When we created Eur'Open we made it open to everybody in order to to share this pleasure with all non selected coaches who are involved in our growing community .
I support the idea that eurobowl belongs to all. We are all connected: without blood bowl community, no tourney, nor national leader, nor national team, nor Eurobowl. Let them share this moment with us.
I understand your point of view, although I don't share it with you:
- I think that Eurobowl has always been open to everybody, people could come and see the tournament, play friendly games between them and have fun at night, although I understand that many people wouldn't be willing to spend money traveling for not playing a tournament, but there's people who did it in the past. Also, the coaches are going to be focused playing their matches instead of supporting or booing national teams.
- I truly think that the parallel individual competition is going to steal prominence to the nations competition. There are plenty of tournaments in Europe, the calendar is even saturated so I don't think that the BB community will suffer from keeping the Eurobowl as it's always been.

Anyway, I think that we can agree to disagree :wink:
daz wrote:At this point, we can't change this because, the flights and the hotel are booked . As you know organizers have finacal responsability and few means.
You're right, I didn't think about that. But anyway, I think it would be a great idea to pulse the feelings of national teams about those decisions to see if they agree with you and for future references. Maybe you could ask them twice, one before and the other one after, to see if they changed their minds after feeling it.

Reason: ''
Life is short, block fast.