mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Re: Eurobowl 2012 Proposed ruleset

Post by mepmuff »

+1

Nice job on the clear wording.

Reason: ''
Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Thx and happy to see you seem to like it :)

Edited the Ruleset: Chaos was moved to tier 2 instead of 3 - due to the same reasons as DE was moved from 2 to 1.

Niebling
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Niebling »

Topper wrote:Thx and happy to see you seem to like it :)

Edited the Ruleset: Chaos was moved to tier 2 instead of 3 - due to the same reasons as DE was moved from 2 to 1.
Topper might be a good idea to edit the rule set in the first post here, so that people dont have to search the theard for the updated version

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

looks good ..

you could think of giving problematic matches the same rule as we did at the WC. They have a certain amount of time left for the entire game, each coach gets half and how they distribute this amongst their own turns is up to them. I feel it's more fair to the quicker coach and there's allways quick turns that thus allow for longer should the need arise.

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Dave wrote: you could think of giving problematic matches the same rule as we did at the WC. They have a certain amount of time left for the entire game, each coach gets half and how they distribute this amongst their own turns is up to them. I feel it's more fair to the quicker coach and there's allways quick turns that thus allow for longer should the need arise.
I feel the system at the WC was brilliant - really good.
However we have a problem here - no chess clocks, and not nearly enough for a tourney like this.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

I liked the chess clock rule for sure. That it was sometimes implemented tremendously bad, as it didn't mean jack shit and games were stopped before the chess timers had run out anyways was really annoying. The idea is really good though, but when the clocks are handed out no other rule should trumph the clock rule..

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Have updated the rules on the first post and will continue to do so :)

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Topper wrote:
Dave wrote: you could think of giving problematic matches the same rule as we did at the WC. They have a certain amount of time left for the entire game, each coach gets half and how they distribute this amongst their own turns is up to them. I feel it's more fair to the quicker coach and there's allways quick turns that thus allow for longer should the need arise.
I feel the system at the WC was brilliant - really good.
However we have a problem here - no chess clocks, and not nearly enough for a tourney like this.
We hired them from our national chess association .. only 1,15 euro's for a week. You may well have something similar in Denmark

Casper
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Casper »

Thanks for the tip, Dave.
We will see if it's possible ...

- Casper
commish of www.arosbb.dk
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Joemanji wrote:I don't have a strong opinion about extra skills for weak races, but there is an argument that Eurobowl is about pure competition, and making it "fair" for everyone misses the point.
Ok, bit of a post Necro rather than a thread one but I think that is an interesting point.

In a team competition I wonder how “competitive” it is to just use the same strong races. Let’s face it beating rookie Chaos with Rookie Zons is a lot less impressive than beating Dwarfs with Flings.

There are quite a few coaches on FUMBBL who only play teams at their sweet spot, (norse, dwarfs and zons low Tv, md Tv undead etc) and win lots with them. I’d say this was far less impressive than having a good record with flings or playing vamps at high TV.

I wonder if there would be a way to encourage teams to take tier 2 or 3 teams? Maybe by weighting points for their results or insisting all teams have at least 1 tier 2 and 1 tier 3 team.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

spubbbba wrote:
Joemanji wrote: I wonder if there would be a way to encourage teams to take tier 2 or 3 teams? Maybe by weighting points for their results or insisting all teams have at least 1 tier 2 and 1 tier 3 team.
+1

Hangus
Scotland's Saviour

Post by Hangus »

Down with this sort of thing....
Careful now.....

Where's my hat?
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

aren't there already bonus skills for tier 2/3 teams?

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

DoubleSkulls wrote:aren't there already bonus skills for tier 2/3 teams?
Yes but that just makes the poor teams slightly less rubbish, but i don't think giving Ogres 2 extra skills would make them tier 1.

I’d like to see some sort of bonus for playing a weaker team.

So something like if you got 10 points for a win, 4 for a draw and 2 for a loss you get 2 bonus points for a tier 3 team beating a tier 1 team and 1 bonus point for a draw whilst tier 2 beating tier 1 would be a bonus point for a win only.

That might encourage “competitive” players to take something aside from the usual zon/undead/wood elf snooze fest. It would also make the board 1-6 picks a bit more tactical and interesting.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I can't say i'm particularly comfortable with them getting any advantage at all. Those teams are intentionally worse.

I can understand why, in order to encourage diversity, some TOs give benefits to worse teams, but I can't say I really agree and bonus points is far too much IMO.

Personally I've used things like the stunty king prize (giving a nice trophy and early pick from the prize pool) to encourage people to play worse teams, and even manipulated the draw so they are more likely to play other tier 2/3 teams too. However that's as far as I'd go.

Ian 'Double Skulls' Williams