Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

Post by Tourach »

Hey seems like there already are enough people interested in a participate in a team Sweden for Euro bowl 2012 in Copenhagen. So I made this thread for discussing and write down which coaches might be interested in attending, and finding a head coach. In the bottom of this post I will update which coaches that are interested (so spread the word).
Coaches interested in attending a team should just post, a short introduction would be fun.
Any input about selecting the team, rules, transportation, yeah whatever could also be posted in this thread.
Any coach interested (and having the time for) being the head coach or any ideas about the selection him/her should also post here ;).

As for me, I'm a Swedish citizen living in Copenhagen. I have been playing bloodbowl since 4th grade, so that is over 20 years now... I have been attending eurobowl twice for the Danish team and was in last years eurobowl that with our 2nd place made the bowl come to Denmark in 2012. My interest in this endeavour is actually just making sure there will be a Swedish team to eurobowl. If that means I should head coach, so be it, but I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be necessary. Anyway I am a part of the people arranging the eurobowl so I can quite easily get answers to any questions concerning the tourney or any other questions concerning Copenhagen, Denmark or whatever. Also I'm happy to answer any question concerning tournament play for those Swedish coaches that might be a bit unfamiliar with the form.

Coaches - league:
Ikterus - MBBL
MrSelecta - MBBL
(Tourach) - MBBL, CBBA.
(Thadrin) - ???
duckwing - PEBBLe
Odium Khan - BUBBLE (might be comming anyways)
zerak - MAFOC
Afroman - MAFOC
affe - MAFOC
Adhansa: MAFOC
lillemats - MAFOC
stashman - MAFOC
Mago - stockbowl
JohnnyD -stockbowl
Jernau - stockbowl'
Lard - PEBBLe

Reason: ''
I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Re: Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

Post by Thadrin »

I used to have a league in Uppsala, but it died when the Commish moved away and the rest of those who had previously played got even more apathetic, or refused to leave their computers...we have a local Cyanide league, but no Tabletop. I hate the cyanide game for anything more than idle messing around.

I'll play, but only if not chosen for Team Scotland and if doing so doesn't occupy a spot that would be filled by someone actually Swedish. I just live here (even if I've been here more than ten years now).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Thadrin wrote:I used to have a league in Uppsala, but it died when the Commish moved away and the rest of those who had previously played got even more apathetic, or refused to leave their computers...we have a local Cyanide league, but no Tabletop. I hate the cyanide game for anything more than idle messing around.

I'll play, but only if not chosen for Team Scotland and if doing so doesn't occupy a spot that would be filled by someone actually Swedish. I just live here (even if I've been here more than ten years now).
I took the liberty to put you on in parenthesis.

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Afroman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Afroman »

Great initiative!

What is the lead coach supposed to do actually?

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Most importantly they organise everything pre-event. Often this involves picking the team, collecting money and making group bookings where necessary, talking to the event organisers. On the actual day they generally just act at the liaison between the people running the event and their nation.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

As joemanji says - just that.
Though it´s a little more than it seems (at times) when you´re in it.
It also means having an eye on the forums, updating every player all the time when something important happens etc.
You have to take the tough decisions on how to decide the team, the Danish way (Everybody can participate) or the Italian way (Captain´s pick) or another way? Every country has their own way of deciding how to pick the team.
You also need to go into rule discussions on behalf of your team etc.
I believe you need to have the following attributes to be a good leader.

1) Good social skills (Makes your decisions respected)
2) Good organising skills
3) Plenty of patience
4) Good skills at the game (makes your word more respected game wise)
5) Commitment

(I am the danish captain for the 5th or 6th year, I believe)

It´s so cool team Sweden seems to come true :)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

One small comment to add. For a country like Sweden just starting out in Eurobowl, IMO a reliable coach is worth twice a 'good' coach ... i.e. at this point, you want to find people who are willing to turn up. Once you've been and realise how much fun Eurobowl is, word of mouth will make it much easier to fill the team next time out.

Also, you only need 6 eligible Swedes (FIFA rules)! The other 2 members can be freebooters if you need them.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
affe
Rookie
Rookie

Post by affe »

Coach: affe
Leauge: MAFOC
As long as I got a capitain Im happy to be one of the other seven.

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

For a country like Sweden just starting out in Eurobowl, IMO a reliable coach is worth twice a 'good' coach ... i.e. at this point, you want to find people who are willing to turn up. Once you've been and realise how much fun Eurobowl is, word of mouth will make it much easier to fill the team next time out.
Second that

duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

So, a short introduction.
I live in Örebro and have been playing Blood Bowl for 3 years. I was hooked when a friend started a small league among his friends. After that died I haven't played in a proper league for the last two years but I participate in two online leagues for Cyanaides game. To my great joy however we are now starting up a new league here with ten participating coaches :D Örebro Universitets Spelförenings Blood Bowl-liga. It doesn't have a name of its own yet.

Praise Nuffle!
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Pennybridge Educated Blood Bowl League.
PEBBLe.
(for non swedish speakers: Duckwing lives in Örebro. Öre =1/100th of 1 Swedish Krona, hence Penny. Bro=Bridge. I believe one of the local football team's supporters' clubs uses the name.)

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

Good suggestion Thadrin, it is now our official name :D

Praise Nuffle!
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

A lot can happen in a year, but i will probobly be very interested to play.

Coach: Adhansa
League: MAFOC

mvh daniel

Odium Khan
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Odium Khan »

Indeed, many things can happen in one year's time. Included me moving down south in Sweden, which after some thought would be required for me attending. It's very unlikely, but not impossible. So add parentheses around my name, please.

EDIT: For reference, my current league is called BUBBLE and we organize DOUBT.

DOUBT - Formerly Europe's northernmost Blood Bowl tournament.
BUBBLE - Umeå's premiere Blood Bowl league.
duckwing
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duckwing »

And my league is now called PEBBLe

Praise Nuffle!