Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Setomidor
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Team Sweden, Copenhagen 2012

Post by Setomidor »

One potential problem with this kind of selection procedure is ending up with 8 qualified Skaven/Wood Elf coaches for a team event where only one of each team can be taken. After all, there is no guarantee that the second best Skaven coach makes the best Orc coach. The draft for the Swedish-ETC team in Warhammer faces a very similar problem and the solution is largely based on electing a captain who then is responsible for picking the other players in the team (with reasonable motivation of course).

I'm not sure if there are already plans for which teams will be preferred for Eurobowl, but maybe it would make sense for e.g. the FUMBBL qualifiers to focus on finding good coaches for the teams where there is not yet a strong candidate (so currently, whatever Zerak's not playing).

Reason: ''
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

I feel that is kind of silly that i shall pick a team where i haven't met half the people. I am starting to lean towards arranging a training camp weekend somewhere in central Sweden instead and let people show me their skills there instead of all theese qualifiers.
In that case my selection will be a more subjective choice based on theese parts.
*Participation and performance on the trainingcamp (main part).
*Participation and performance on Blood Bowl tournaments.
*Winning GothBowl or StockBowl(giving a direct spot).
*Spectating/playing Fummbl games of/with those intrested for even more info.
*General show of interest and dedication.

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

We have a tounament in Örebro - NärkeBowl during september. I understand that it is the close to Euroball to be a qualifier, but it could be a nice practise run for the team. Maybe even a qualifier for the next year?

For a training camp we have access to good facilities, Örebro universitet, at weekends for free. Living could be arranged.

At GothCon it was a bunch of coaches from Jönköping, inkluding the runner up. Does anyone have contact with that group of players? Think they was from "GoB - games and broadsword" that runs the league in Jönköping.

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Setomidor wrote:One potential problem with this kind of selection procedure is ending up with 8 qualified Skaven/Wood Elf coaches for a team event where only one of each team can be taken. After all, there is no guarantee that the second best Skaven coach makes the best Orc coach. The draft for the Swedish-ETC team in Warhammer faces a very similar problem and the solution is largely based on electing a captain who then is responsible for picking the other players in the team (with reasonable motivation of course).

I'm not sure if there are already plans for which teams will be preferred for Eurobowl, but maybe it would make sense for e.g. the FUMBBL qualifiers to focus on finding good coaches for the teams where there is not yet a strong candidate (so currently, whatever Zerak's not playing).
This is a problem yes, although it should have been, wood elf and undead, not skaven ;)

I DO want some cheese with my whine.
A.k.a MissSweden
Setomidor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Setomidor »

This is a problem yes, although it should have been, wood elf and undead, not skaven
Really? The last few tournaments I've attended have all seen Skaven highly ranked. Come to think of it, last years GothCon final was Skaven vs Skaven :)

Tourach = Truls btw?

Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

Yes Truls a.k.a. Tourach a.k.a. missSweden.

http://www.thenaf.net/index.php?module= ... statistics

A.k.a MissSweden
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Setomidor wrote:
Really? The last few tournaments I've attended have all seen Skaven highly ranked. Come to think of it, last years GothCon final was Skaven vs Skaven :)
2011 was Wood elf against Goblins :P
2012 was Norse against High Elfs

maybe you are thinking about 2010?

Setomidor
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Setomidor »

2010? Damn, time flies :)

@Tourach; Vi sågs i Århus, kul att någon där förstår vad man säger ;)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Det var kul att träffa Tourach i Amsterdam under VM och ha någonsom fattade Svenska...fast det är ju min andra språk.
Blir nog kul ner i Köpenhamn (om mitt lag nu vill ha mig).

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Lard wrote:We have a tounament in Örebro - NärkeBowl during september. I understand that it is the close to Euroball to be a qualifier, but it could be a nice practise run for the team. Maybe even a qualifier for the next year?

For a training camp we have access to good facilities, Örebro universitet, at weekends for free. Living could be arranged.

At GothCon it was a bunch of coaches from Jönköping, inkluding the runner up. Does anyone have contact with that group of players? Think they was from "GoB - games and broadsword" that runs the league in Jönköping.
If we could arrange a training camp in Örebro 2-3 of June that would be great. Reason to not make it sooner is that i don't want it to conflict with Lincon or the Danish Championship. Remind an oldie, does early june conflict with examination season?

Mago
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mago »

StockBowl have the season 7 playoffs on the 2:nd of June, which will probably keep some coaches from going to Örebro...

Joint NAF National Tournament Orcanizer Sweden and StockBowl member.

Swedish Blood Bowl Alliance - Swedens Blood Bowl forum.
Tourach
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tourach »

@Setomidor ja just det (och vann med vamps mot skaven även fast jag ställde up till crowdsurf första rundan!!), kommer du i år?? Vi spelar i köpenhamn.

A.k.a MissSweden
adhansa
Experienced
Experienced

Post by adhansa »

Okej, 9th/10th then, could that be arranged?

Mago
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mago »

9-10 of June would probably work much better for us in StockBowl.

Joint NAF National Tournament Orcanizer Sweden and StockBowl member.

Swedish Blood Bowl Alliance - Swedens Blood Bowl forum.
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Örebro University's spring semester ends 3/6. I'll see if we get into the premises after that.