The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Eurobowl 2012 - pre tourney what to do

Post by Elyoukey »

Hello guies,
i will join the eurobowl in the France team, i will come to Copenhague from wednesday, so i am looking for cool activities. I will try to visit the city
i am looking for advices about what to visit first and mandatory, which places to go, and where to sleep on wednesday night.
and also if anyone is interested by a real life BBgame i would be happy to play.

any input is welcome
thanks by advance

Reason: ''
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Re: Eurobowl 2012 - pre tourney what to do

Post by SillySod »

A "real life BB game"? :o

You mean a fumbbl LAN party, right?

In other news... I could have sworn that you played for the Swiss team in the World Cup.

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

you would be wrong, we used the swiss slot, but it was not the official swiss team.

fumbll lan party would be a double geek freaking concept.

Hanu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hanu »

Our real-life BBgame plan was to find some Two Hammers pub in Copenhagen where Bloodweiser Babes are until we are Really Stupid and we'll have to bribe our way back to barracks.

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

Elyoukey wrote:Hello guies,
i will join the eurobowl in the France team, i will come to Copenhague from wednesday, so i am looking for cool activities. I will try to visit the city
i am looking for advices about what to visit first and mandatory, which places to go, and where to sleep on wednesday night.
and also if anyone is interested by a real life BBgame i would be happy to play.

any input is welcome
thanks by advance
Are you arriving alone? What are you in to? We might try to organize something for people who arrive early if that has any interest?

The main traditional tourist attractions of Copenhagen can be found here: http://www.visitcopenhagen.com/?__utma= ... =192278762

If you like wheet Christiania is the first mandatory stop, it might be even if you dont, but allot have happened there since I was there last.

We got a bunch of historical and royal stuff, but to point you in a specific direction I need to know a little more.

We got modern architecture like the opera house, main library and others on the harbor an by the canals.

We got great food and bars. Especially we got good beer from many small breweries. Eating out in Denmark is very expensive comparen to southern Europe, but we got nice restaurants from bistro to Michelin level

We got the shopping area Strøget and Nyhavn for eating and drinking by the old city harbor. These places have many tourists.

The week is a Danish national holiday so there is proberbly lots of stuff going on.

Il try to get back to you on accommodation but generally its expensive. If you are a group the place we use would be a good place to get it cheap.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

Tripleskull wrote: Are you arriving alone? What are you in to? We might try to organize something for people who arrive early if that has any interest?
Yes i will arrive alone on the wednessday, rest of the French team wil arrive the friday.

I like museum and if there are some incouturnable stuff, i would like to go there.
Also if there are some BB related activity, i would be happy to join.

I will try your link and see what get out of it.

Thanks

KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

Elyoukey wrote:
Tripleskull wrote: Are you arriving alone? What are you in to? We might try to organize something for people who arrive early if that has any interest?
Yes i will arrive alone on the wednessday, rest of the French team wil arrive the friday.

I like museum and if there are some incouturnable stuff, i would like to go there.
Also if there are some BB related activity, i would be happy to join.

I will try your link and see what get out of it.

Thanks
Hi :)

If you need a place to crash for those days, you are more than welcome to send me a PM

KFoged

Northernknight
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Northernknight »

Thinking of taking in a hockey game on the Friday night.