Eurobowl 2003 results

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Eurobowl 2003 results

Post by Dark Duke »

I've seen on Eurobowl's website the results of past Eurobowls. The only year where the complete results are missing is for 2003, the first Eurobowl. Does anyone remember which was the complete classification?

I remember that Netherlands and France had two teams each, Spain and England were there too but I'm not sure about the rest or the final ranking.

Reason: ''
Life is short, block fast.
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Re: Eurobowl 2003 results

Post by Geggster »

I'm putting together details on the Majors and the EB + WC for a history of the larger NAF events.

With that in mind, I asked Lucy the details of the first Eurobowl. He replied thus:

"The first Eurobowl was organised by Redfang and myself.

It started because we were organising a match between Belgium and the Netherlands.
Soon, the Germans (Sputnik) and French (Louis X) asked if they could participate as well. Later Spain and Italy also decided to join.

The French brought a second team because at that time the Polish still said they could bring a team. When they declined at the last minute, we decided to enter a second dutch team.

5 rounds. 8 teams of 8 players makes 64 players. Each team had a teamcaptain).
Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, France II, Netherlands II.

France II winner.
Germany second.
Netherlands I third.

Netherlands II last.

This was the original thread:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6345

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Thx for the update mate :)

Dark Duke
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dark Duke »

Thanks for sharing the info!

I think I can get in which position did the Spanish Team finish, I'll let you know when I found out. Let's see if any Italian, Belgian and/or French participants of that Eurobowl remember how they ranked and we can recover those results.

Life is short, block fast.