Eurobowl report

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Eurobowl report

Post by KFoged »

Da_Great_MC wrote:I also want to address some words to Sjapie, who had a horrible result with six losses and a draw. We chose to give you a wild card and I still think that was the right decision.
Thadrin wrote:Sjapje is one of the best guys in Blood Bowl and a damn good Dwarf player. I'm genuinely flabbergasted to learn he had such a poor weekend. He definitely "had a Porrit".
No matter how good or bad you are, it is still a dice game :oops: :( I was on the danish team and finished 1/2/4 with my Dark elfs and I'm not THAT bad with them :oops: I just hope I get the chance to go to Austria and do better! :evil:

Thanks for a good weekend to Belgium and I was really cherring for ya' in the hunt for the next EB

KFoged

Reason: ''
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

Don__Vito wrote:Really nice read, thanks for taking the time to write it up.
Yeah that was quite an interesting move.

But the your team found back to performance and I could't do much vs your very good game which gave my hardly room to move my players and protect the ball.

It was a nice weekend and for the Belgium Team I think you will host the Eurobowl soon in the future. :wink:

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

A really good, interesting and tactical (but luckily not too dice oriented) analysis.

However about the frenzy skill - it does the exact same thing for every team (though it is better for some).
For: It opens up the flanks, allows more takeouts due to serfs and extra blocks, makes one turning easier (and possible but unlikely with UD), opens up for unseen subsequent pushing gaining extra squares or pushing say the ball carrier free in a "scrum" and punishing opponents when things get tough.
Against: Sometimes he gets close to an opponent and isn´t that controllable.
I mean with Dwarves you stated yourself that the slayer was the "key player" - not due to him having av 8 or Dauntless I assume ;) It was the frenzy thing :)

About the change of who can host the EB I think you have misunderstood the intention behind a little.
What was opened up for was a change in the thought that the highest who hasn´t attended before has to host it next year.
This is an issue as a team that isn´t even sure whether they can field a team of themselves, with possibly no support in their "backyard" to help as referees, etc and maybe a feeling that they have to host it - but with no real idea of what it is and just how much it takes to do this it could turn out as a catastrophe.
So therefor the discussion goes to change it in one of two ways.
A) After a period of time a team has the chance to hold it again could be, say 5-8 years.
B) No team that hasn´t attended a fixed number of time can get to host it.
I hope you understand the issue and can see it won´t affect you in any way (or any other team in your shoes)
The “big six” (Denmark, Italy, France, Spain, Germany and England) had decided they would play each other in round one. I hadn’t heard about that decision prior to the tournament and it turned out I wasn’t the only one who got caught by surprise. Even England’s captain objected, but his complaint got dismissed.
Well in all honesty it was discussed in the rules thread, I PM´d people and asked them to get involved in the discussion and it was on the rules page under format I believe for along time.
Geggster, as he has made a thread about, didn´t object about that but on the fact that the 7th game influenced the draw in a way nobody had seen coming in the discussion thread.

Oh yes, and we lost 2-6 to France ( as we had won the tourney on a 4 all draw, we had to go for wins in 2 games ot we would have lost 3-5). One that was a certain draw (but a likely loss if he scored.) and when that seemed like it failed I had to go for a win instead of just stopping my opponent (when I think I had about 50/50 to do just that) which failed as it´s never easy to try and sack a fast team (we played Necro vs Necro).

But other than these small corrections.
Great blog

Cheers

Niebling
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Niebling »

Do you have photographic memory :) you sure impress me on how well you remember your games, I have a hard time even remembering whom I played let alone the plays :)
Your probably right that it was a ruched RR, but at the time I remember it as being a good idea... maybe I was scared that my guard mummy would then be out for the rest of the drive, having to get up and behind your Tree, maybe I got a RR on the kickoff? Anyways if I was to look back on the play with clam eyes your right I probably should not have RR´ed.

And yes I remember now, the placement of my ghoul after having picked up was stupid, I missed that you could chainpush and then surf him with Frenzy, a clear mistake that nuffle decided to show mercy on. Thats how it goes, my France opponent made a similar mistake in our match and then nuffle decided that it would cost him the hole game.

Lord N is a harsh master :)

Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

@ Niebling: hahaha, no potographic memory. But when I lose, I try and look back to see if I could have done anything different. Which was clearly the case when I tried to change flanks against you at the start of second half.

@ Topper: I didn't attend the captain's breefing, so I didn't actually hear Geggster complain. I had it from our captain. And I must have probably missed it before the tournament.

And against the Dwarves: the Troll Slayer was his key player because it was his only opportunity to blitz with Mighty Blow. Not that he needed it...

Thank you all for your kind words. I've spent +10 hours writing the report so it's nice to get some appreciation :D

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -
Niebling
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Niebling »

its a very nice report, next time ill hire you to do one for me ;)

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Magictobe »

Niebling wrote:its a very nice report, next time ill hire you to do one for me ;)
Trust me Niebling, you don't want him to sit 7 games by your side. I have been there. :wink: :lol:

It is indeed an amazing report which I would not be able write because I would not be able to remind. I cannot write a match report of a league match so a report of a whole weekend would be out of my league.

Maybe he had enough time to write things down when there was a party at his number 14 on the camping.

It was a crazy weekend for the Belgians. Getting taken away the organisation on the last confrontation with the Italians. Apart from that last game we stood our man between the bigger nations with on top a great win on the European Champions.

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Yeh was just to get the facts right :)

Aino
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Aino »

Great Great-Mc report ;)
Do you keep notes while playing or is it just all in your head?

W

Fighting signature size creep ;)
Da_Great_MC
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Da_Great_MC »

Aino wrote:Grat Great-Mc report ;)
Do you keep notes while playing or is it just all in your head?

W
Thank you :)

The only thing I wrote down was my opponents team line-up and the skills they had given.

But after each game (especially the ones I didn't win) I tried and look back on what I could have done better. I believe this will help me learn from my mistakes. Might make me a better player :lol:

Never forget Bologna

- Da Great MC has Dutchies for breakfast -