The trophy

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

The trophy

Post by Tripleskull »

We are very happy that the trophy was so well received even though it was a doublet. Personally I remembered the old trophy when I saw it but none of the Danes had any memory of it before - one could wonder why...

We are now awaiting the manufactures to send the correct plates, so all plates will be identical. we will get it engraved and then ship it to France.

Reason: ''
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Re: The trophy

Post by Geggster »

The new trophy is terrific - and imposing. I think it is almost bigger than the Champions League trophy.

This does pose the question as to what to do with the old one - or perhaps more importantly does the new one replace the old one.

Some may say that the old one is the traditional one and it's certainly more convenient to travel with. Others may say that the new trophy is more appropriate going forward.

I'm not sure I have an opinion on this - but it was briefly discussed at the Captains' Meeting. We, as captains, agreed that we weren't the ones to decide but for the time being the old trophy was given to the Italians for safe keeping. This was because if it was retired, and they've won it three times, then they are the best guardians. Farina will return it if the opinion is that the old one should be the permanent one.

Discuss.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Was it an Italian who stole the world cup trophy back in the 60s? ;-)

From what I saw on here the new one looks fantastic, so if that becomes the official trophy then no objections from me.

But who decides?

Discuss... :)

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

Since I´m biased (having been part of those who decided on it and really love the design) I won´t say much.
However just for the discussion - there is a special case for it that protects it, making it easier to travel with.
Not smaller though :)

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

I dont think travelling with the thing would be much of a concern. Ok, so you cant take it as cabin luggage, but surely waiting a bit at baggage claim would be worth it?

How about letting someone who wins it three times keep it in general? In the future they would also be responsible for getting a new trophy made.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

mepmuff wrote:I dont think travelling with the thing would be much of a concern. Ok, so you cant take it as cabin luggage, but surely waiting a bit at baggage claim would be worth it?

How about letting someone who wins it three times keep it in general? In the future they would also be responsible for getting a new trophy made.
I second that idea 8)

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Give the old one to the Individual champ instead?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Tripleskull wrote:Personally I remembered the old trophy when I saw it but none of the Danes had any memory of it before - one could wonder why...
Bamboozling. I'm sure that I have seen that cup in the presence of multiple Danes.

Here is some evidence for you to mull over...

(I have better quality versions of these pictures but imageshack and TFF conspired to prevent them from displaying properly :/)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

Thadrin wrote:Give the old one to the Individual champ instead?
That occured to me as well. The problem, however, is that the individual participation is in no way as secure as the country's participation. All it needs for not having the cup with us is one player that has to cancel his trip and because of more important matters forgets about fixing some arrangements concerning the trophy.

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

SillySod wrote:
Tripleskull wrote:Personally I remembered the old trophy when I saw it but none of the Danes had any memory of it before - one could wonder why...
Bamboozling. I'm sure that I have seen that cup in the presence of multiple Danes.

(I have better quality versions of these pictures but imageshack and TFF conspired to prevent them from displaying properly :/)
Those pictures are from when?

KFoged
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by KFoged »

Topper wrote:
SillySod wrote:

Those pictures are from when?
NAFC 2012

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Sometimes I love you Sillysod. :D Funny.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

That hippy should cut his damned hair.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

I bet he's on the DRUGS.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Buck's
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buck's »

I do not know if we must keep the old trophy or keep the new, but what is certain is that I will give it to the Austrians organisers next year :wink: