Future hosts

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Future hosts

Post by Topper »

Podfrey wrote:And I don't subscribe to the view that new countries will host rubbish EBs
Just to be clear it´s not that I think they will - It´s that just one year where things go wrong can cause lots of damage to the EB.
And as it is there is no real consensus on how to elect the countries forward.

I agree that the fact that there´s a little change every year makes it a better tournament.

Reason: ''
Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

For what it's worth. Wales have started planning already. For in the chance that we do get an opportunity to host.

I think the opinion that a new country may not get it right is wrong.

As a new nation we want people to notice us and take us seriously.

We can't compete with England France and the likes. So if we get an opportunity were taking it with both hands and will put on a show. We want people to know that Wales is on the map.

Don't doubt the new guys. We're serious about our BB as any one else here

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

hawca wrote:For what it's worth. Wales have started planning already. For in the chance that we do get an opportunity to host.

I think the opinion that a new country may not get it right is wrong.

As a new nation we want people to notice us and take us seriously.

We can't compete with England France and the likes. So if we get an opportunity were taking it with both hands and will put on a show. We want people to know that Wales is on the map.

Don't doubt the new guys. We're serious about our BB as any one else here
Glad to hear - and like I said I don´t think you won´t get it right. But I always take the worst case scenario into consideration. Maybe Im just overly careful about this - but I´ve seen bigger things implode before due to just this reason. So that´s why :)

kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

I like the idea that the future hosts will be discussed at the captains meeting.

I dont think that there will be a big debate which country should host if their is one or two favorites who really like to host.
In most cases the Team consists of almost the same team members like the years before and everyone here knows how enormous the preparations is before the event can start. So to guarantee the quality of the future events I would give my vote for a country how really likes to host it.

Just my 2 cents

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
BlackOrc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BlackOrc »

It was nice to read the examples mentioning Hungary, even if we cannot attand each years EB (sniff) and we are not that contributing on TFF either. Thanks.

So, we absolutely up to orcanization. Count on that if once we will be the best not-yet-organizer, we will say yes (provided the system will work that way).

As soon as I discovered that this BloodBowl thing was true,
In all of a sudden I found myself in love with the World.
(inspired by Ministry)
severian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by severian »

We have organised the best ETC ever as the players said. We have a very good chance to get the organisation agan for 2014. Would you maybe consider to join the ETC next year ?

Cheers,

Vladimir Curcic - Captain of Team Serbia

Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

The highest-placed team that hasn't held it before will host it next time.

So if Serbia have that honour in Vienna, then you'll be able to arrange to the Eurobowl yourselves.

If one of the other eligible nations wins it, then that's where we will be in 2014.

Good to hear Serbian bloodbowl is on the rise and welcome to the board.

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
severian
Rookie
Rookie

Post by severian »

Challenge accepted :)

Mr. Nuffle
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Mr. Nuffle »

severian wrote:Challenge accepted :)
Love it.

By the way - Gegg, Are you the new Captain on the UK team or is that a simple mistake on the Eurobowl.eu Participation page?

Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

As Sweden will have a fairly good team this year (better than last year I recon) it is a strong possibility that we will be the top dog off those who hasn’t organized Eurobowl yet. With that reasoning I gave the timeframe for Eurobowl some thought yesterday when I went for a walk.

I think one year in advanced notice is a little short. We would have to get people interested, find a venue, organize the whole thing and so on... The Danish had two years to prepare and made a great tournament. Wouldn’t it be possible to organize the picking of the next host with a two years advance so every organizer had the two years time to prepare? I think that it would be great, with only a few downsides to it (the Eurobowl after the world cup years). As you can se below, because of the World cup, most organizer would have three years to get their stuff together:

A)

EB 2013 - Decide organizer for 2014 (1 year notice) and 2016 (3 year)
EB 2014 - Decide organizer for 2017 (3 years)
2015 - World cup – no decision
EB 2016 - Decide organizer for 2018 (2 years)
EB 2017 - Decide organizer for 2020 (3 years)
EB 2018 - Decide organizer for 2021 (3 years)
2019 - World cup – no decision
and so on....

Off course, if we want we could allways decide it two year in advance, even when it is World cup. For example on Euro bowl the best "contender" this year organizes the after next Euro bowl. On the world Cup we have a vote for the after next organizer, making it possible for "old" nations to organize it again. That would make the Eurobowl two years prior the World Cup having a “no decision” status but every organizer would get 2 years to prepare. See below:

B)

EB 2013 - Decide organizer for 2014 (1 year notice)
EB 2014 - Decide organizer for 2016 (2 years)
2015 - World cup – Decide with vote for 2017 (2 years)
EB 2016 - Decide organizer for 2018 (2 years)
EB 2017 – no decision
EB 2018 - Decide organizer for 2020 (2 years)
2019 - World cup - Decide with vote for 2011 (2 years)
and so on....

I like B). It would make it possible for “old” nations to organize and it has a “leanness” to it

What do you think?

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

I would like to hear from the danes and other recent organizers about the required time for organizing a Eurobowl. Perhaps they can share some thoughts on how many people you need for the organisation and what to focus on first.

I think getting it sorted in a year should be doable.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

Off course it is possible to do it in a year, but as most of the concerns in this thread is for the possibility of poor quality Euro Bowls tournaments, I thought that a little more time to prepare would neglect a lot of that risk.

stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

I know some countries have already started looking at venues and the like, just incase they get the chance to host.

So some countries could of been planning for a year already.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

stanrichardson wrote:I know some countries have already started looking at venues and the like, just incase they get the chance to host.

Definitely true in our case, should Wales get the chance to host our plans are ready

Shepherd for the Wales team
Lard
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Lard »

stanrichardson wrote:I know some countries have already started looking at venues and the like, just incase they get the chance to host.

And that is great! But in the future, we dont really want many (or any...) countries preparing in vain. I think it is easier and more "organizing friendly" just to have more time from when you know you will organize till the event.

If, for example, Wales have put a lot off effort into organizing and then doesnt get it its just a shame and wast of effort. Read me right, i think its great that Wales have prepared, but I would think its sad if they have done it in vain. And I think 2 years notice solve that issue kind of easy.