Eurobowl 2013 - teaser

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

UtakHai
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Eurobowl 2013 - teaser

Post by UtakHai »

Hi, how do you guys deal with the switch to standard time Saturday to Sunday night,would be good to announce this as there will be a shift of 1 hour, so switching from 3 to 2 o'clock.
Good thing, one hour more party/sleep whatsoever...

Reason: ''
Team Unqualified World Cup II Amsterdam
Team Germany Eurobowl 2012 Copenhagen
TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

Just a quick question because I can't see it anywhere, do we need to bring boards?

Shepherd for the Wales team
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

Hi there!
With only a couple of days left and still much work ahead of us, we are really looking forward to the weekend.

1. We will provide boards. Tomorrow we'll pick them up and bring them to the site. Like last year (we loved the idea), everyone winning the final game will keep his table's board, all others can buy them at a discount (the exact prize will be announced on friday).

2. There are 26 players in the Eur'Open. It would have been more, but some had to bail out or switch to their country's Eurobowl team (to replace others). Anyway, it's a decently sized tournament and counting all participants to the Eurobowl and the Eur'Open, it's going to be 170 players. Including the newcomer team from Serbia.

3. On the note of transportation and stuff, the "S-Bahn" regional train line S7 has already been mentioned. It goes straight from the airport to the Millennium Tower tournament site. Be aware that there is a big deal of advertising a line called CAT (city airport train) that doesn't go as far (ends a few stops before), is more expensive than the S-Bahn and saves ~10 minutes for the train ride. I recommend using the S-Bahn: it is cheaper, goes straight to the site and it's ticket is also valid for the rest of the city.
Transportation in Vienna (if you want to get around or stay at another hotel) is quite easy. We have an excellent public transport system and the "U-Bahn" underground lines are working all night long on friday and saturday. There is an underground station right at the site. I also recommend acquiring a 72-hour ticket (or 48-hour if you arrive late and depart early), which comes quite cheap at the price of 15.40 €.

4. This Saturday is the national holiday in Austria, so shops are closed (not the restaraunts), the same is true on sunday (the Austrian laws on shop closing are quite strict). Just so, you won't be surprised.

5. From the tournament site, you'll have a great view over Vienna. It will be on the 19th floor, so I sincerely hope, nobody has too serious a problem with heights :wink:
UtakHai wrote:Hi, how do you guys deal with the switch to standard time Saturday to Sunday night,would be good to announce this as there will be a shift of 1 hour, so switching from 3 to 2 o'clock.
This is our approach:
UtakHai wrote:Good thing, one hour more party/sleep whatsoever...
I'm just putting the finishing touches to our small booklet with the above information (in more detail) and some other stuff. I hope I will be able to make it available as download on the homepage. I'll send the pdf to the team captains anyway.

I'll also send the captains (and those who arrive on their own) my telephone number, so they can call me when they arrive to pick up their team's "backstage pass"-style cards that will be needed in order to get to the tournament floor.

@kewan: The 7sternbräu is a bit out of the way from the site, so no table has been reserved. I guess, however, some of you would want to go to the Iceberg Party firday night.

Anyway: We are looking forward to having the crowd play Blood Bowl here.

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

Turin wrote: @kewan: The 7sternbräu is a bit out of the way from the site, so no table has been reserved. I guess, however, some of you would want to go to the Iceberg Party firday night.
99% we'll go

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

I thought you might.

Anyway, the booklet is online and accessible for download from the homepage or here.

Hanu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Hanu »

Hmm, about Friday do you guys mean this: http://iceberg.at/

I was just thinking that at least to me an event that size does not sound a tempting place for socializing with other Blood Bowl coaches? (If your conversation was meant for others too, that is.)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Turin wrote:IAnyway, the booklet is online and accessible for download from the homepage or here.
This booklet does not mention the half point for a team draw (4-4) that has previously been awarded. Only the +1 point for a team win. Is this deliberate?

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

It's a typo, thanks for notice.

@Hanu: It's not supposed to be the official Eurobowl friday night event, but I know some of the Spaniards and maybe Italians have already been there once and may probably go again.

BeerBeer
Rookie
Rookie

Post by BeerBeer »

Turin: can you tell us some kind of rock bars/clubs near by the venue?

neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

Hi,

My plane arrives around 1830 on Friday night so not sure if I'll make the 1915 briefing.

Looking forward to it a lot!

regards Neil

Don Pedro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Don Pedro »

The A-Danceclub is in the House. http://a-danceclub.at/ and if you like Karaoke http://www.soho-vienna.at/index.php/de/ and much more.

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

also you can go out with us, Iceberg Party, last friday of every month, great party!!!!!!!

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

If you are specifically interested in rock, on friday nights there is the "Addicted to Rock" in the (legendary) club U4. It's a bit on the other side of town (a way of 20 minutes). From the venue you'd go by underground line U6 to the stop Längenfeldgasse. There you just change to the U4 for one further stop to Meidling Hauptstraße. The club is directly there.

To give you some (not very focused, but that's my cellphone) eyecandy:

The official Eurobowl 2013 board.

Kalrat
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Kalrat »

We encourage you to use the following color coded bases:
Grey/none: Lineman
Red: Blitzer
Green: Blocker
White: Thrower
Yellow: Catcher, Runner

So what is the reason that some teams don¨t do this? Are they so lazy?????

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

It doesn't look very nice, probably?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler