kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Re: €Bowl 2013 rules

Post by kithor2002 »

kewan wrote:
We've just started our trainning for this:

http://www.pointers.at/fotos/Datw%20Fly ... 0copy.html

Competition, will start Sunday night after the tournament, if you're interested to have a great time, just do it, inscribe your team, professionalize your stomach and your liver and join to the Spanish team trainning, you'll regret not having done this :wink: :wink:
Thats a real competition. 15 Beer are too much for me - but I will join you and take 3 or 4 here (taking more will make the misses angry :wink: )

Reason: ''
Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

kithor2002 wrote:
kewan wrote:
We've just started our trainning for this:

Competition, will start Sunday night after the tournament, if you're interested to have a great time, just do it, inscribe your team, professionalize your stomach and your liver and join to the Spanish team trainning, you'll regret not having done this :wink: :wink:
Thats a real competition. 15 Beer are too much for me - but I will join you and take 3 or 4 here (taking more will make the misses angry :wink: )
Great :wink:

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

Oh, yes! More spanish plaques on the pub's wall! :o

That's what I call a challenge!

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Jimjimjimany
Chopper Pilot

Post by Jimjimjimany »

kewan wrote:We've just started our trainning for this:

I would very much like to be involved in this!

I have the con.
Geggster
Eurobowl Superstar

Post by Geggster »

This is the place where Lycos passed out on the pavement outside at 2am then vomited all the way back to the hotel.

Given Lycos' ability to soak up alcohol, perhaps that demonstrates the scale of the task.

(I was a sober observer having already had my vomit-inducing episode earlier in the weekend and didn't want to kill myself, thank you very much)

Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

I fully intend to kill myself. Repeatedly!!

Round the world challenge has been on my bucket list for years :-D

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I shall be trying, and failing with painful consequences, to pull this off. :)

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Remember Phil, if you want to be a big man in the evening, you need to be a big man in the morning too...

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

Geggster wrote:This is the place where Lycos passed out on the pavement outside at 2am then vomited all the way back to the hotel.

Given Lycos' ability to soak up alcohol, perhaps that demonstrates the scale of the task.

(I was a sober observer having already had my vomit-inducing episode earlier in the weekend and didn't want to kill myself, thank you very much)
Great NAF president, we're proud of him :wink:

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
obelix
Rookie
Rookie

Post by obelix »

Hello world. I think the 105 tv would handicap for several teams types (necromantic, elf general) some of which are already not the most competitive teams it would be sad to not see to the eurobowl. Just as unable to access 1 dual jurisdiction is problematic on many team whose dual jurisdiction is paramount (skaven...). We currently process redesign teams already selected but since the beginning of the year we left on a 110 5 simple/1double training. Still us unfortunately little time to readjust to this configuration. FORCAAAAAAA PORTUGALLLLLLLL!

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Just have some more magic potion, you'll be fine!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Turin
Veteran
Veteran

€Bowl 2013 rules

Post by Turin »

For all those who don't have access to the €Bowl orga forum:
The poll on the rules was a tie, so they stand as drafted.

1st round matchup most probably will be random (but I'll leave the poll open a little longer for that, it's not as pressing).

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

What a pity.

In future I would really appreciate knowing what the rules are going to be before making a financial commitment to the event.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
stanrichardson
Star Player
Star Player

Post by stanrichardson »

Its a shame this has taken so long to be confirmed

I am sure I'll still have fun but liek others I would of liked to have known the rules before I spent £300+ on travel.

My 2 cents is the rules for EB should be fixed, and the hosts put their 'stamp' on the event with the venue, organisation, and adding value.

This would mean people know what they are signing up to year on year and are not suprised 9 weeks before the event.

Elyoukey
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Elyoukey »

i think it is a good thing that rules change, just for the change. it is good to not stay on a closed format.
But the timing was wrong i think, the format should be decided from 1 year to the other, so people know what they are signing for and have time for training. The big issue i see with a late announce is if a good coach make the wrong roster choice, spending 6 awfull games being pulped just because he did not really know the format and sticked to a false vision.
Also knowing the format early will allow tourney organisers to set this format maybe bringing more people because they need/want to practice or they want to face the national team members.

But a late announcement is also funny because each country/player will have his own theorybowl about the format that no one has a lot experience with, and it may be interesting to see different choices. (sounds like a draft format with a new Magic extension)