€Bowl 2013 rules

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: €Bowl 2013 rules

Post by Joemanji »

stanrichardson wrote:My 2 cents is the rules for EB should be fixed, and the hosts put their 'stamp' on the event with the venue, organisation, and adding value.
I agree with this completely. Eurobowl is not the place for experimenting with the rules. There is so much room to make Eurobowl brilliant in everything that happens off the pitch.

At the end of the day, I feel a nation hosts the Eurobowl in the same way as one hosts the Olympics or World Cup : they have complete control of location, organisation and opening ceremony etc. But they don't change the rules of the 100m.

None of this is directed at the Austrians alone, it has ever been thus (for good and bad). Their rules aren't the end of the world, but we have set a precedent that a host can do whatever they want. Who says Greece won't want to play 6 games of Dungeonbowl, or Croatia won't want to give every team five free Wizards? This is obviously an exaggeration, but it is the principle that matters.

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

€Bowl 2013 rules

Post by Oventa »

Well the rules are fixed Now, so mainly I think the discussion on how to proceed on future eurobowls will be more productive chatting in person in Vienna.
But I can not restrain myself for also adding my personal opinion online ...
I must say I very much welcome changing rules by the host at this event.
But I agree rule changes should be within a certain frame which is given and be clear almost 1 year in advance.
Like for me everything with tv and skills is something that a host can vary.
Everything else (first round draft/seeding, tiers,Swiss in Swiss style, whatever else) should be not up to the host.
But this is just again simply an opinion and I hope we can find a sensible approach for this for the future when discussing this in Vienna.
Looking forward to see you there.
Cheers

Turin
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Turin »

Joemanji wrote:At the end of the day, I feel a nation hosts the Eurobowl in the same way as one hosts the Olympics or World Cup : they have complete control of location, organisation and opening ceremony etc. But they don't change the rules of the 100m.
We don't pay hundreds of millions and billions to get a big event to Austria like the Russians for Sotchi or the Brazlilians did. If you think, the Olympics or the football World Cups (or the Rugby World Cups) are solely determined by "who hasn't hosted in the recent couple of years", I think, you should re-check your facts...
We thin, the changes we implemented in 2013 are no game breakers, but do benefit the tournament. Despite them being announced lately (actually our primary concern was to secure a location in the capital, i.e. easy to reach), they don't destroy the game. Moreover, I think, the organizers should have more control than the Olympics' organizers (who only control... I don't know what the bloody hell they do controll... Marketing? Not even partially :roll: ). Feel free to organize a BB team tournament for more than 150 people at a location that is easy tor get to, which in fact was our main concern.

I'm sorry, you don't like the rules changes, but the was you write about them, you obviously don't want to play with them. Give them a chance.

Blood Bowl ist ein Wintersport! Duda, Duda!

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Pippy is currently leading a 'future of Eurobowl rules' discussion in the EB organisation sub-forum, which your captain should be aware of. Might be best to funnel views through the skipper into there, otherwise the same chat is happening in two places and it gets confusing?

Oventa, I think it's important to get this decided before Vienna. For one thing, we've time to discuss it now (the weekend will be a whirlwind). It's also important some sort of decision made before whomever is next gets the nod. Gives them maximum time, and it doesn't look like the framework on rules is too tight / loose because they are or aren't trustworthy! ;)

As for this year; we are where we are. Let's now just look forward to what will be a smashing weekend.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Turin wrote:Feel free to organize a BB team tournament for more than 150 people
Like the NAF Championship? Done. :wink:

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

I'm agree with Turin.

Every nation who hosted Eurobowl had change the rules, there are changes that remain, and other changes didn't. If we didn't change the rules in the past, probably, Eurobowl will be a worst tournament today, so let the Austrians organise the tournament as they want. If their changes don't like us, probably next host don't use their rules, and that's it.

In my opinion, changing TV, skills, or number of rounds, are reasonable changes.

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

Purplegoo wrote:Pippy is currently leading a 'future of Eurobowl rules' discussion in the EB organisation sub-forum, which your captain should be aware of.
As spanish team captain, please send me the info, I'm out of this sub-forum

Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Post by Pipey »

Hi Kewan, you need to be added by a TFF administrator. Can someone arrange this? Darkson, Dave??

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Might be better to PM them...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Kewan, you've posted in the sub-forum, so you have access. The specific thread is to which I refer is entitled '€Bowl standard set of rules (topic 3)'.

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

sann0638 wrote:Might be better to PM them...
ok ty

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

Purplegoo wrote:Kewan, you've posted in the sub-forum, so you have access. The specific thread is to which I refer is entitled '€Bowl standard set of rules (topic 3)'.
I had access, but now I'm out :wink:

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

No idea what's happened - I can't even see the sub-forum nor the group on the admin panel, but I know it's there as I can read it, and Lard has posted to it.
Will have another look tomorrow, but I may need to get the list of captains again.

In the mean time, can anyone confirm that they can see and post to the captains forum?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ignore that - found it another way. No idea who or when kewan was removed (doesn't show in the log) but added now.

If it can still be checked though please.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

perfect