Eurobowl and ETC

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Vigfus
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Eurobowl and ETC

Post by Vigfus »

Also my feeling that we should leave the Eurobowl as it is.

I see no added value at all of handing over the hosting to a third party, even if they would be the best in the world. The hosting right is a much coveted price for many of the countries participating. I believe that the handing over of the hosting rights will already be a big drain due to the loss of this "prize" alone, and there's other things to consider as well. Posts such as those above from Wales and Scotland make this readily apparant.

As one of the Belgians returning from Eurobowl, I found the timing just plain bad and aggressive, especially as we had already send a polite message that we were not interested in them, or even anyone other than the Belgian BB community hosting.

Well done if the ETC does what they do, but I see no added value at all. If they do get an open bloodbowl event going that is not Eurobowl, so much the better. I can understand that, and support that, but NOT Eurobowl. I do find it sensible that it would not be promoted as the European Nations championship that Eurobowl already is.

Reason: ''
I am De Duvel, but you can call me Sjapie
Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

I'm in agreement with those that would rather see the two events kept apart. I think Blood Bowl should be King at the Eurobowl, and I think diluting that by being (at the very very best) an equal partner with loads of other games would be a shame.

I've been to a few multi-system (I think that's the term?) events in the UK, and there is a feeling we're the little brother. Everyone has to compromise a little to make the larger whole function, but we tend to give up plenty (a game in most cases) to fit in. We go up and are politely applauded first, and the real Warhammer business comes later. I don't see why the Eurobowl should be about compromise; it's our biggest (outside of the WC) celebration of our community. I also love travelling to new countries. Is the ETC static?

I do think, however, that it'd be lovely to get a BB event running in the ETC. Let them know we exist, spread the word, all of that.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Purplegoo wrote:I'm in agreement with those that would rather see the two events kept apart.
I don't see why the Eurobowl should be about compromise; it's our biggest (outside of the WC) celebration of our community.
I do think, however, that it'd be lovely to get a BB event running in the ETC. Let them know we exist, spread the word, all of that.
This (said as a non-EB participant).
Half of the fun of the EB is watching to see where I'd like to go (and fail miserably) next year.
If the ETC want to run a (the?) Premium BB Team event, let them run their own and build it up.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
BlackOrc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BlackOrc »

Purplegoo wrote:I do think, however, that it'd be lovely to get a BB event running in the ETC. Let them know we exist, spread the word, all of that.
At the tournament I discussed shortly about ETC and BloodBowl. There I understood that it is already decided that there will be a BB event as a trial next ETC. If I remember correctly, it would be an OPEN team tournament with 6 members a team. This sounds great to me and is in concert with what Purplegoo wrote. I would put the emphasis on this. (In the original question I join the choir of separators: EuroBowl should be separate from ETC, shold be a separate event as it is now. However, I find it OK ETC offered a merge, and it is OK to say a polite no thanks.)

As soon as I discovered that this BloodBowl thing was true,
In all of a sudden I found myself in love with the World.
(inspired by Ministry)
Buck's
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buck's »

I also agree to let Eurobowl as it is, but participate in another bloodbowl tournament in ETC could be very nice.

Goss
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Goss »

certainly the better solution. 100% agree !