Eurobowl X Belgium, 8 and 9 november 2014 Oostende

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Announcement Eurobowl X Belgium

Post by Magictobe »

Magictobe wrote: • All skills must be clearly noted on all copies of your team roster before the tournament starts. It must be clear to everyone which skills are ‘day 1 skills’ and which are ‘day 2 skills’.

Reason: ''
Pipey
Rapdog - formally known as Pippy
Location: King John's Tavern, The Square Mile, West Hartlepool

Re: Eurobowl X Belgium, 8 and 9 november 2014 Oostende

Post by Pipey »

Guess the idea is they're added to the roster Sunday morning, but coaches must make all their choices clear on their rosters before game 1. Seems clear enough.

Looks great guys. EurOpen format looks particularly cool; should be a big leap forward!

UK Team Challenge IX — 24-25 August 2024

Go to: www.bbuktc.com
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Topper wrote:At a first glance this looks good.
I can understand the captains have voted, right?

Out of curiosity what was the argument for no "double" skill for tier 1 teams? What teams do you feel will participate because of that rule, that wouldn´t otherwise (or is there another reasoning behind it? Something with all races being competitive?)? I am in particular as one of the teams that really get stronger due to this skill is the very team you feel isn´t strong enough - Necros.

I do like the new improved tie-breaker system - and the EurOpen probably is like to benefit too from your ideas.
I am, however, not certain if the software can do your individual rankings?
There was a captains vote with a strong signal to vote for more bonus points for team victory but we did not find the 2/3 majority that was needed.

The "no double skill" for tier 1 is to give tier 2 a real chance of making it to the eurobowl or eur'open.

We got plenty of time to see what is possible with the software. We'll see what we will come up with.

Glad you like.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Great job with the communication, guys. Loving the EurOpen.

Exciting times! :)

Buck's
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Buck's »

In day 2, it's 6 skills in total (for tier 1), or it's just 3 ????
Little note: it's the 4th edition of the europen ;)

Netsmurf
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Netsmurf »

Damnation I really really think it sucks that the Eur´Open is turned into a team turnament as well :cry:

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Buck's wrote:In day 2, it's 6 skills in total (for tier 1), or it's just 3 ????
Little note: it's the 4th edition of the europen ;)
You will have 6 skills on the second day (3 from the first day, and 3 from the second day.

I know. I was looking for the first one who was going to see it. We will change the logo soon. :wink:
Netsmurf wrote:Damnation I really really think it sucks that the Eur´Open is turned into a team turnament as well :cry:
Too bad to see that you don't like this idea but no problem. We had some pro and against and thought to have this a go. There were three previous edition of the eur'open which were individual tournaments and which were unable to get a large amount of players. That is why we will be trying the team event to get a new spark. We felt that previous team events had often some more energy. Teams getting team shirts, getting a team yell. I hope you find two mates to be able to make it or you are willing to come as an individual. It will be something special and it would be a shame that someone would not come just for this reason.

We know that this is possible that individuals will not come but we know that on the other hand, it is possible that others will be convinced by the team aspect. We cannot do good for everybody and we hope that with this new idea we do good for the majority. Only time will tell. Cheers

mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

Finally behind a normal PC instead of my phone, so I can quote the bits I think are contradicting.
Magictobe wrote:Day 2 skills
• Tier 1: 3 normal skills
• Tier 2: 3 normal skills
• Tier 3: 3 normal skills

All skills must be assigned on Sunday morning, before the start of Round 4.
Magictobe wrote: Skill assignment
• All skills must be clearly noted on all copies of your team roster before the tournament starts. It must be clear to everyone which skills are ‘day 1 skills’ and which are ‘day 2 skills’.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

mepmuff wrote:Finally behind a normal PC instead of my phone, so I can quote the bits I think are contradicting.
Magictobe wrote:Day 2 skills
• Tier 1: 3 normal skills
• Tier 2: 3 normal skills
• Tier 3: 3 normal skills

All skills must be assigned on Sunday morning, before the start of Round 4.
Magictobe wrote: Skill assignment
• All skills must be clearly noted on all copies of your team roster before the tournament starts. It must be clear to everyone which skills are ‘day 1 skills’ and which are ‘day 2 skills’.
Maybe if I use different wording, it is not conflicting any more.

One the first day, you give a team sheet to the organizers. This team sheet clearly states the skills you assign on the first day AND the skills you assign on the second day. On day two, the skills (that were already stated on the sheet, so not changed) are "given" to those players on your sheet. You don't wait for a later moment on the second day.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Magictobe wrote:For consistency’s sake, I will make all forum posts and messages, but I clearly won’t be doing this alone - Frank Wille, aka Whiskeyjack, will serve as my assistant.
Magictobe promoted me as "french-speaking communicator" for these events. Or the title was something like a "french regional director assistant"
(damned... it sounds like Dwight Schrute)

Si vous vous sentez plus a l'aise avec le francais qu'avec l'anglais, n'hesitez pas a me demander.

goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

I think it looks good. I've never played a team tourney before so I'm not qualified to say wether turning Eur'Open into such is a good or bad idea.
Magictobe wrote:The exact schedule and further practical information will be communicated later.
I have one question regarding the venue though: The Royal Astrid is unavailable for booking during that weekend via hotels.com - have you guys (the hosts) already booked most (or all) of the rooms at the Royal Astrid? I'm just trying to figure out the cost of participating, you know - hotel, airplane etc.

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Two things from questions we got.

HOTEL VENUE

We got an arrangement with Astrid Hotel. We have reserved all hotel accomodation so you are not able to get a reservation for that weekend through booking.com or hotel's website.

• We will have a total package and this includes 3 nights and 9 meals and tournament fee.
    A hotel bed on friday, saturday and sunday.
    Friday : Dinner
    Saturday : Breakfast, lunch and dinner
    Sunday : Breakfast, lunch and dinner
    Monday : Breakfast and lunch

You will be able to register for accomodation with us. It will only be possible to do the full deal so we strongly advise to take the three nights because you will pay for them. Extra family members can come and we will have a seperate price for them.

Price will be comparable with last editions.

Registration will start from 1st of march of 2014 and will be taken care by Dries Goutsmit.

Building Eur'open teams

We will put up a list of people who registered.
You will be able to register as a team or as an individual.
You will be able to see who registered as an individual so you can form teams and tell us you're a team.
We guarantee that everybody that registered will be able to play. We will make sure we have enough spare players to get to an even amount of teams!!!!

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

You can also join the eurobowl group on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/435828406479977/

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

And we thought Vienna was a challenge to get to :o

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

phil78
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by phil78 »

Garrickl wrote:And we thought Vienna was a challenge to get to :o
I think we can train it all the way,
Edinburgh - London - Brussels - Ostend. Looks about £250 - £300 at a very casual first glance