The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Magictobe
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Eurobowl X Belgium, 8 and 9 november 2014 Oostende

Post by Magictobe »

Hello fellow coaches,

Please find below the information you have all been waiting for: the EuroBowl – Eur’Open 2014

participation fee and registration procedure.

Participation fee

Tickets for EuroBowl or the Eur’Open 2014 will cost EUR 230 p.p. This price includes:
  • • Participation to the tournament

• Some goodies that will be distributed over the weekend – more on that later, although we

won’t spoil all surprises ;-)

• Three nights at the Royal Astrid Hotel (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) – check-in as from

Friday 3 p.m.; check-out until Monday 10 a.m.

• Nine meals: dinner on Friday; breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday; breakfast, lunch and

dinner on Sunday; and breakfast and lunch on Monday.

Meals include sparkling and mineral water; soft drinks or alcoholic beverages will have to be

paid for separately.

Special dietary requirements will be catered for.

• Use of all hotel facilities, including swimming pool

• Free Wi-Fi
Please feel free to bring along non-participants, such as your better half, personal coaches or

cheerleaders – these persons pay EUR 197 for 3 nights, 9 meals and full use of hotel facilities.

As you can see, we opted for a fixed, all-in formula and price for all participants, offering excellent

value for money. This choice was partially inspired by logistics, but is primarily aimed at promoting

the social side of the hobby and saving you the bother of having to organise your stay yourselves.

Believe me, you would be hard-pressed to find a better deal!

Registration

Online registration will be opening soon. You will be able to confirm your participation either in a

new topic started by Driesfield on the TalkFantasyFootball forum (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=39547), or by sending an e-mail to

dries.goutsmit@telenet.be.

You can either register as:
  • • EuroBowl captain, providing us with the names of the 8 coaches that will make up your

country’s team and the races they will play;

• Eur’Open captain, providing us with the names of the 3 coaches that will make up your

team and the races they will play; or

• Individual coach for the Eur’Open.

Please also mention:

• the number of non-participants that wish to stay at the hotel

• any specific dietary or other requirements you may have (e.g. vegetarian, special bed size if

you’re a 7-footer, food allergies, child’s bed, wheelchair access…)

• your means of travelling to Oostende, so we can arrange parking space, provide information

for public transports, etc.
Registration will be complete if you see your (team's) name listed in the TFF topic. We’ll send you all

payment details after registration has ended, i.e. starting from 1 July.

If team composition changes after registering, just drop Driesfield a line through the TFF forum or

send him an e-mail. He will update the list of participants on a permanent basis, so you will always

know which teams and individual coaches will take part.

This approach will also enable individual Eur’Open participants to find fellow coaches to form a

team. We guarantee once again that, thanks to our hot matchmaking skills, each individual coach

will be able to play.

More information to follow soon – watch this space! In the meantime, please do not hesitate to

contact Driesfield or me if you have any further questions.

Reason: ''
goldbaek
Veteran
Veteran

Post by goldbaek »

This looks really great and I'd definately love to participate! However, can you share some information about how to get to the venue from Brussels Airport by public transportation? I've googled it and a 7 hours trip using 7-8 different busses is not exactly appealing... ;)

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

goldbaek wrote:This looks really great and I'd definately love to participate! However, can you share some information about how to get to the venue from Brussels Airport by public transportation? I've googled it and a 7 hours trip using 7-8 different busses is not exactly appealing... ;)
Think the best route is to take the train from the Airport to Bruxelles Central then from their direct to Oostende. Hopefully someone local can confirm tho', as the SNCB website isn't awfully clear.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Vanguard wrote:
goldbaek wrote:This looks really great and I'd definately love to participate! However, can you share some information about how to get to the venue from Brussels Airport by public transportation? I've googled it and a 7 hours trip using 7-8 different busses is not exactly appealing... ;)
Think the best route is to take the train from the Airport to Bruxelles Central then from their direct to Oostende. Hopefully someone local can confirm tho', as the SNCB website isn't awfully clear.

I think it's too early to book train for the moment.
But i ve made a quick check, apparently, it's possible to have only one change during the journey : in Ghent.
And depending your arrival time at Zaventem, you could find direct train to Ostende (from Brussel Central and/or Nord)

Whiskeyjack
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Whiskeyjack »

That is indeed the fastest way of getting to Oostende from the airport. Should take about 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Topper
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Topper »

I think you should update the homepage too ;)
Just directed someone there - who (understandably) could´t find the info needed :)

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

They are still working on the website. I'll tell they need to speed up.

Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Hope this is the Right Place. I have some rule questions.
Will there be a Prize for best stunty on the erobowl or eur'open tournament?
Does lizardmen without sauri and underworld without skaven also count as stunty?
Will both Teams count skillwise then as a Tier 3 Team or will they stay in their Tier?

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

This is the correct place. I will forward this message to the rules committee. You will have the answer when I have it.

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Glorian Underhill wrote:Hope this is the Right Place. I have some rule questions.
Will there be a Prize for best stunty on the erobowl or eur'open tournament?
Does lizardmen without sauri and underworld without skaven also count as stunty?
Will both Teams count skillwise then as a Tier 3 Team or will they stay in their Tier?
We cannot answer this question yet. We are busy getting the financial side of the story done.

When we decide what we will do with stunties we will let you know.

Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

Time to announce one of the goodies!!!! EVERY participant of the eurobowl and eur'open will receive a pitch custom build for this event. It will be foldable like the original pitch out of your blood bowl box. And when I say everybody I mean EVERYBODY!!!!!! So start registering. We are at the moment on 33 coaches for the Eur'open so still much room for extra's!

About stunties. There will be a stunty king award for the Eur'open event. You will count for stunties when playing goblins, halflings, ogres, underworld without skaven and lizardmen without sauri.

We have had some questions about bringing your kids to the venue. Children till age 3 will be for free. Children between the age of 3 and 12 will have 50% discount on the hotel fee. We have studio's for families. They are normally for 3 adults but you can easily go up to 5 in these studio's. These will go to families in the first place.

lauth81
Star Player
Star Player

Post by lauth81 »

Question on the accomodation: Are there single rooms as well? Or is the price for double rooms only?

The deepest voice in Blood Bowl (according to Pippy)
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

There are no singles. There are doubles and studio's for three. Studios will be for families in the first place. They can get more people in those studios.

Price is per person and got nothing to do with the room your in.

We will reserve 4 doubles per eurobowl team.

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Magictobe wrote:We will reserve 4 doubles per eurobowl team.
What's the situation for EurOpen teams/players?

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Magictobe

Post by Magictobe »

We will have to see how many studios that are free. We cannot guarantee that you will all be together in one studio. It depends on the amount of families that are coming. For the moment, two have asked about bringing their kids and wife the event.