The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Re: Open letter re: the future of Eurobowl hosting

Post by haktar »

Valen wrote:
Tripleskull wrote:I am not worried about nations being capable or not. I think any community that are willing are probably also capable and there good suggestion out there about helping inexperienced nations out.

This comment is the best I have read in this entire thread, sums up my feelings perfectly.
+1.
I agree

I think also that Eurobowl is a good mean to promote blood bowl in "little" countries.
We have a mission to promote Blood Bowl.
Eurobowl is a showcase about Blood Bowl.
Isn't-it?

Reason: ''
Trying to play bloodbowl.
Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

More common sense :)

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
BlackOrc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by BlackOrc »

I have not been around a lot lately, but we received the open letter and wanted to join to the topic.

To summarize: Aint broken, aint fix it.

Why is there a discussion on changing a system that works properly?

Is it the fear of a lame nation mis-organising the EB in 1 year?
Darkson and Draco came up with a superb solution: two years for organisation - asking after half a year how things going. If failing, 18 months should be enough for the new taker. The WC let us easily switch to 2 years. Its just that this year the 1st and 2nd best non-org nation will be chosen. In my opinion there should be no "questionare" or so, I guess we are grown up enough to judge after half a year whether the burden is too much or not.

Lack of competition for the ex-orgs?
In my consideration the system we presently use is not a real competition for the right to organize. It is simply a mean to choose the next country - being much nicer than a random draw. Basically we want to bring the master-event of BB in all countries once, and only the order is decided by this system.

Making a vote on this topic?
As a not-yet-org I would vote against anything that brings the smallest chance of an ex-org organising again before not-yet-orgs.
And an ex-org would vote for anything that brings them the smallest chance to organise again before all the others have organised.
This in mind, I would see an offence against the not-yet-orgs already in a vote of any kind.

As soon as I discovered that this BloodBowl thing was true,
In all of a sudden I found myself in love with the World.
(inspired by Ministry)