The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

pelle
Super Star
Super Star

Eurobowl X- Feedback thread

Post by pelle »

Hi everybody,

The tenth Eurobowl is in the books and it was a blast. Or at least that is what we heard so far and what we thought ourselves.
If you might have any comments or remarks about the organisation, we are glad to hear from you. You can leave your comments and feedback in this thread, so we can learn and try to organise future events in the same (or a better way).
Feel free to check our Eurobowl statement (which you can find in the Eurobowl introduction thread) to see whether we lived up to all of our promises.

Thank you in advance!

The Belgian Eurobowl organisation

Reason: ''
Most Touchdowns @ NAF World Cup 2007.
The Goblin Slaughter Fest 2509 Champion.
Massacre Day III Champion.
Most CAS @ Oberonn Smack 2009
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Eurobowl X- Feedback thread

Post by sann0638 »

It was awesome! Great food, nice spacious halls, good information. Good job!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

It was a wonderful tournament. Thanks for the good organisation, lovely food. Nice halls and a conveniant setting.

As a participant of Eur'Open 2 things came to my mind for feedback. The Ruleset with simply adding the players points neglected somehow the team-event-character of the tournament. I suggest that there should be bonus point for a team win or something similar. It was quiet disappointing that winning a team match simply meant nothing for the team result in the end.
The rule sheet wasn't very clear on this, after we read it we thought the bonus-point system from eurobowl will be the same in eur'open.

The other thing was that we didn't really know the standings between the rounds. I must admit i don't know how to make this information visibile for so many players at once (beamer?) but i saw the first table with standings after round 4. If the information was provided elsewhere then i did't know where to look :) . The NAFC this year showed the Results and the Drawings directly on their homepage after each round so it was possible to look it up with your mobile phones which was very good (no clumb of players standing in front of a pillar or a wall). Maybe this is a good option for next time.

Everything else was just great. Every player was very friendly, there was a lot of Staff (which was good) and after the friday evening the hotel knew how to handle 250+ Bloodbowl players on one hotel bar :)

HairyPete77
Veteran
Veteran

Post by HairyPete77 »

I wasn't at the event but was trying to keep up with things from home.

I really enjoyed the live streaming each round. It was nice to see some of the top TT players in action. The sound quality wasn't very good though but this can be worked on. Overall it was nice to see.

As someone trying to spectate the whole event, I would have liked to see more photos, the draw and the results posted on social media somewhere from the event organisers. I saw the TFF thread being updated which was good but didn't see anything else personally.

Thanks
Pete

haktar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by haktar »

Thanks a lot for this Eurobowl.

This was great.

To improve : It would be nice to announce the ranking at the end completely starting from the last to the first (on the part Eurobowl)
I think the hotel was too strict about schedules.

Except that points, that was perfect!

Trying to play bloodbowl.
kithor2002
Legend
Legend

Post by kithor2002 »

A BIG THANKS to the Belgium staff/crew for hosting and organizing this huge event- Excellent and smooth weekend!

Even I feared that the software for the team competition could be a problem it worked very well in the end and kept the shedule in time - very impressive and professional.

The food and the venue were also fantastic. (A slight side node: At the lower tables the "air conditions" were quite affected by time and amount of people playing there)

Even for taking the family to this event Oostende had to offer a lot with the beach and Brussels within one hour drive.

Again- Thanks for this Eurobowl weekend :D

Member of Team Hellhound at WC II Amsterdam 2011 and WC III Lucca 2015
Doomy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Doomy »

I had a great time - thanks everyone. From chatting with the organisers I gather a lot of people on the Belgian scene contributed to making this event a success, so well done to all of them.

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Great stuff. Congratulations on running an excellent event.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

It was a great event and I'm happy to have been there! :D

One thing I would like to see next time(s) is the team result having a bigger impact on the overall score, so instead of getting just 1 or 1/2 point extra for a win or draw, make that a bigger number, or even the only number; 3 points for a team win, 1 point for a team draw, 0 points for a team loss, with individual results as tiebreakers.

Btw. I can't claim credit for this concept, I got it from Draco, which proves that even that old git sometimes has a good idea! :wink:

fredturtle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by fredturtle »

A great thanks for this eur'open, it was awesome. :D

I'm happy of my 84th place of 120 with my amazons for my 3th tournament NAF.

I told you at the next tournament.

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Great tournament, thanks to the Belgians for all their hard work and for delivering a smooth and enjoyable event.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Leipziger
Legend
Legend

Post by Leipziger »

A glorious weekend, brilliantly run by our Belgian hosts. Too many highlights to mention but thanks for a great time and congratulations to the winners! :)

Twitter:@wormito
Waterbowl fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaterbowlMcr/

Stunty Slam 14 - 10/09/22
Waterbowl Weekend 2023, Feb 18/19, NWGC

Team England Committee Member
Matt le Fou
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Matt le Fou »

Thank to the Belgian Organisateurs, they did an amazing job.

Always nice to see you, guys.

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Guys, simply put: very, very well done.

We've already discussed my two points of feedback but I'll repeat them here:
1) the software was a bit of a hassle but I am quite aware that you couldn't do much about that. I think you solved it very neatly considering the fact that 250+ coaches were waiting for you to present them their lineups.
2) the tables were a bit too wide for my taste, still I Realise that this s what you can hire, so don't blame yourself from that.
3) it was sometimes hard to find out who you played, indeed a screen / beamer or something similar would have helped for that.

For the rest: I had a blast.

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Brilliant weekend. Superb planning, choice of location and organisation made this weekend the best Eurobowl I have attended.

One of my team mates had decided that this was going to be his last Blood Bowl tournament so that he could focus on other things. He enjoyed himself so much that he has committed to staying on the tournament scene for 2015 and will represent Scotland at the World Cup - RESULT!!

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.