Post by Glowworm »

Interested in attend the open!

Reason: ''
Domingo
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Eurobowl XI Sweden 22/23 October 2016 in Örebro

Post by Domingo »

another question: On tournament, captains choose who will play with who?
or they will be able to set with team (or with coach)?

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Assuming it's still the same,

1st round is random, i.e. Random Country vs. Random Country and then Random player vs. Random player.

From Round 2-6 it is 'Swiss/Swiss' i.e. Team 1 vs. Team 2, Team 3 vs. Team 4 from standings, then Player 1 vs. Player 1, Player 2 vs. Player 2 from each team based on results.

Captains don't choose any of the match-ups.

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Domingo wrote:another question: On tournament, captains choose who will play with who?
or they will be able to set with team (or with coach)?
This is up to each country.

For the 2 country, i'm following every year the selection :)
1/ France are electing a captain, which will define the selection mode :
- most probably this year, the french captain will select 8 coachs with each a "best roster".
- Last time the french communauty elected all the 8 coachs and the captain amoung the candidates
2/ Belgium had a selection process based on results within the belgian tourney of the year, for the 6 first coachs. Then those 6 coachs, select between themself a captain, agree about the rosters and the 2 remaining coachs knowning those 6 1st roster are already taken.

as you could here, i ve just gave you already 3 way of selections.

I do think, for country with very few reserve of players (like Poland?), the selection mode will be :
1/ ask (on forums, facebook, etc...) who would be able (money) and available (time) and motivated to go to sweden to play bloodbowl
2/ then
- if less than 5 coachs :( => no selection could be done :(
- if between 5 and 8 coach => the selection would be done with those 5-8 coachs. and then those coachs will together choose rosters.
- if more than 8 coachs => only in this case this country will have to found a "real" selection process :)

edit:
Loki wrote:...
reading the answer of Loki, i might have wrongly get the question of Domingo. :oops:
i assume he asked "captains choose who will play with which roster"?
and not "captains choose who will play against who?"
sorry :oops:

Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

babass wrote:
Loki wrote:...
reading the answer of Loki, i might have wrongly get the question of Domingo. :oops:
i assume he asked "captains choose who will play with which roster"?
and not "captains choose who will play against who?"
sorry :oops:
Now that I re-read it, your reading of the question might be right! :oops:

Anyway hope one of the answers help Domingo :)

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Domingo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Domingo »

Loki wrote: Captains don't choose any of the match-ups.
this is what I wanted to know :wink: anyway thanks guys :D

and sorry for my poor english.

Sir Mewash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Mewash »

Loki wrote:Assuming it's still the same,

1st round is random, i.e. Random Country vs. Random Country and then Random player vs. Random player.

From Round 2-6 it is 'Swiss/Swiss' i.e. Team 1 vs. Team 2, Team 3 vs. Team 4 from standings, then Player 1 vs. Player 1, Player 2 vs. Player 2 from each team based on results.

Captains don't choose any of the match-ups.
Hello everyone,
Why like this? I have only experience with 40k teams tournaments on Polish and ETC arena, but in my opinion matching which team (from one country) will play with who (from second country) is big part of this type of tournaments. Calculation, strategy, focusing, selection of teams is a big fun. Nevertheless our plan is not finish as the last team ;)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Sir Mewash wrote:Hello everyone,
Why like this? I have only experience with 40k teams tournaments on Polish and ETC arena, but in my opinion matching which team (from one country) will play with who (from second country) is big part of this type of tournaments. Calculation, strategy, focusing, selection of teams is a big fun. Nevertheless our plan is not finish as the last team ;)
The advantage to the Swiss-in-Swiss system is that it's fast (in that you immediately know the next round after the previous round is entered) and fair (if your Amazons get matched up against Dwarves, there's nobody to complain to).

If captains make the pairings, how are disagreements resolved?

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Vinz D.
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vinz D. »

Sir Mewash wrote:Why like this? I have only experience with 40k teams tournaments on Polish and ETC arena, but in my opinion matching which team (from one country) will play with who (from second country) is big part of this type of tournaments. Calculation, strategy, focusing, selection of teams is a big fun.
Swiss system is not subjective.
Aside from the first-round pairing, you will always face someone who has had a similar result so far during the tournament as you have. So, the pairing becomes more a matter of skill, rather then the 'strength' of the team you play. (as in: the best Dwarf player in your team isn't constantly picking on Halflings, just so to maximize his/ her score)

"Goblin aficionado and collector of Wooden Spoons"
Sir Mewash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Mewash »

rolo wrote:If captains make the pairings, how are disagreements resolved?
It works like that:
1. Swiss system for matching countries
2. Both coaches throw D6 Dice to set up who starts.

1st coach put on the table 1st team, 2nd coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
2nd coach put on the table 2nd team, 1st coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
1st coach put on the table 3rd team, 2nd coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
2nd coach put on the table 4th team, 1st coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
1st coach put on the table 5th team, 2nd coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
2nd coach put on the table 6th team, 1st coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
1st coach put on the table 7th team, 2nd coach match one team from the list of avaliable teams.
last two teams will play against each other

And yes this takes few minutes but this is additional fun before and during tournament ;)

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Well, we don't know who will host after Portugal ... So have captains pick matchups for Poland 2018? :D :orc:

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Sir Mewash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Mewash »

Hmmm would be great but I'm afraid that we are still bit too small society. This is quite big event and I would need to contact with friends who organised ETC in Poland. Second thing is to see level of professionalism that we would need to achieve. I thing lets start with small steps. First is to attend Eurobowl in Sweden ;).
I hope this will not be to big offtopic but in Warsaw we will organize in 2016 three tournaments based on Eurobowl rules. First will be on 28th-29th of February

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

@mewash that system has been discussed by the Euro captains before, but there was little support for it. The rules are decided by the host country each time, but the captain of each country feeds into discussion so everything is discussed.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mepmuff
Legend
Legend

Post by mepmuff »

We had a similar system at the Eurobowl in France. It did provide a nice start to the rounds IMHO, but I do feel the variety in match-ups was limited because of it.

Fans do not have to be represented by models, but it's much more fun if they are!
Sir Mewash
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Sir Mewash »

@Sann0638: Of course this is obvious and for sure I will not argue with this

@Mepmuff: this is true in 40k you have more options inside each army to play against specific one. In BB there is not that much options.