The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

coma
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Eurobowl XI Sweden 22/23 October 2016 in Örebro

Post by coma »

@DaPiranha
Registration and payment should have reached us no later than the last of july for the whole team. The reason for this is to make sure that we will have time to make a definite order of the custom "stuff" for the tournament iex. giftbag, prints etc.

@neilnickson
A good suggestion! I will fix this after Eurobowl.eu is updated so all info will be there.
ps. Thanks for registering for the tournament we all love your team name!

Reason: ''
Greshvakk
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Greshvakk »

I'm really keen to understand the detailed travel arrangements which I can't see on the Eurobowl site at the moment. In particular how we get from a major airport to the town in question. Which I believe is done via train - but where do we book train tickets? It's information that I am sure is really easy to google if you speak Swedish but I don't! I need to plan asap for time off work which will probably be the friday afternoon and the monday but would be good to know 100%. Cheers

Marc
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Marc »

Greshvakk wrote:I'm really keen to understand the detailed travel arrangements which I can't see on the Eurobowl site at the moment. In particular how we get from a major airport to the town in question. Which I believe is done via train - but where do we book train tickets? It's information that I am sure is really easy to google if you speak Swedish but I don't! I need to plan asap for time off work which will probably be the friday afternoon and the monday but would be good to know 100%. Cheers
I haven't tried to book yet, but I expect that it should be possible via the company's Websites (in English).
This seems to be the fastest Train from Stockholm Arlanda Airport to Stockholm C:
https://www.arlandaexpress.com/
...and this is Swedish Rail (for Stockholm C to Örebro C):
https://www.sj.se/?l=en

bjorgrim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bjorgrim »

Hi all,

Just a quick question on the rules for the team creation. A team is composed of 8 players and I understand that the minimum is 6 nationals and/or residents + max 2 freebooters. Is that correct ?

Just asking to see if a Dutch team could join the party in Örebro.

Thanks

Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

bjorgrim wrote:Hi all,

Just a quick question on the rules for the team creation. A team is composed of 8 players and I understand that the minimum is 6 nationals and/or residents + max 2 freebooters. Is that correct ?

Just asking to see if a Dutch team could join the party in Örebro.

Thanks
The maximum of 2 freebooters is only if you want to compete for the privilege of hosting in the future. I am not sure how many freebooters you can have if you are not worried about hosting.

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

bjorgrim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bjorgrim »

Thanks Garrick,

I am sure we are not competing for hosting this year, there are still some countries that haven't done it yet and we are anyway not interested this time.
We will aim at 2 freebooters max, but we might require 3, so a firm statement from the organisers would be good ;-)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

You've had a World Cup, what more do you want? ;)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

we had the same discussion this weekend at Brugge.
Some of us had in mind it was "2 freebooters allowed", some other it was 3.
(for the moment, 4 belgians would be able to go to örebro)

bjorgrim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bjorgrim »

Damned, that means I won't be able to pick freebooters from the Belgian pool of players.... !

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

This is going to come across as a really stupid question, but how many rounds are scheduled?

I assume six rounds, three per day for two days, but it doesn't explicitly say so anywhere that I can find :)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

sann0638 wrote:You've had a World Cup, what more do you want? ;)
Apparently the Dutch hosted the ingural Eurobowl in 2003 as well, I didn't know that till this conversation started

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
sirsebstar
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by sirsebstar »

sylvain asked an important question, i emailed the organizers to get a clear reply

Purplegoo
Legend
Legend

Post by Purplegoo »

Joemanji and I were asked to compose a document listing 'the unwritten rules of Eurobowl' and PM it around following the last EB meeting (Belgium, not the WC). The idea being that the rules were discussed between captains and then the document published when agreed, because currently many of us think we know the answers to these questions, but they are not written down anywhere (leading to this confusion). I am not 100 % aware where that process ended up, I presume it was spoken about at the WC meeting?

Anyway, assuming it is agreed, here are the passages relevant to this conversation:

1. Teams

4. Each national team must include at least five coaches who would be eligible to play for that nation under FIFA rules. Briefly summarised this means that a coach must be of the nationality in question, have at least one parent or grandparent who held the relevant nationality , is a resident of that nation or hold citizenship of that nation. Any coach not meeting these criteria is known as a ‘freebooter’. Freebooters may be of any nationality, and are a good way for smaller nations to fill in numbers or to replace last minute drop outs.

4. Hosting Rights

3. To be eligible to host a nation must have sent a national team of eight to at least two of the previous three Eurobowls. (Agreed Oostende 2014)
4. The team at the current Eurobowl must also have at least six FIFA eligible (or local resident) coaches rather than the normal five.
5. Nations who have previously hosted are not eligible to host again whilst there are nations who have yet to have the chance.

Hope that's of some help.

bjorgrim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bjorgrim »

Thanks, that helps indeed.

Since we were 5 eligible Dutchs to go 2 days ago, let's see how it evolved and if we manage to get freebooters.

Cheers

coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

Thanks Purplegoo for clearing that up!

There was a suggestion to have a Dutch/Belgium team with 4 player from each nation.
We don´t have a problem with this if it´s ok by the rules of Eurobowl and the captains.
Shall we take this to the captains forum?

@Rolo there will be 3 games with lunch break on both saturday and sunday. 6 Games in total