Eurobowl XI Sweden 22/23 October 2016 in Örebro

The annual European clash of Nations.

Moderators: lunchmoney, TFF Mods

Joemanji
Power Gamer

Re: Eurobowl XI Sweden 22/23 October 2016 in Örebro

Post by Joemanji »

Looks good, roughly the same per person as the NAFC deal. Can't complain about that given the exchange rates.

Reason: ''
*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

Joemanji wrote:Looks good, roughly the same per person as the NAFC deal. Can't complain about that given the exchange rates.
NAFC is £130 for 2 people for 2 nights in a twin room and this is 2000 Swedish Krona for 2 people for 2 nights in a twin room if I read this right? If so 2000 Swedish Krona is approximately £170.

Joe, as a Scotsman we are happy to pay for your rooms in Nottingham if you would pay for ours in Sweden that are "roughly the same per person" ;)

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

nonumber
Super Star
Super Star

Post by nonumber »

There are members of the community who can and will pay literally anything to attend this tournament and there are those who are price sensitive.

Naturally there will be a disagreement between these two types of player about what's considered reasonable.

"Sometimes you're a big dog wearing a small hat, sometimes you're a small dog wearing a big one. That's life, baby."
Garrick
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Garrick »

nonumber wrote:There are members of the community who can and will pay literally anything to attend this tournament and there are those who are price sensitive.

Naturally there will be a disagreement between these two types of player about what's considered reasonable.
And being aware of that may prevent unnecessary nonsense! Well said sir! Far better than my sarcastic approach ;)

The artist formerly known as Dipso Gnome.

Oventa
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Oventa »

As mentioned by others, I think all were aware that Sweden will probably one of the bit more expensive eurobowl/open events. Having on the one hand a good hotel discount (e.g. Drop from 1400 sek to 1000 sek for a double room) and on the other hand the hotel not part of the deal, so anyone can take the hostel 1 Mile further away (Google says 20min walk) seems to be a good approach to accustom different budgets.

I just wanted to highlight what Arioso said, as I think it was not noticed sufficiently:
Arioso wrote:Just an information from the hotel - when you want to check out on Monday the night from Sunday to Monday isn't included in the discount. Regular price for a double room will be 1400sek. Included in the price is breakfast though.
I did not check yet, but I assume it will be tricky to travel from oerebro back home Sunday evening for most attendees, so actually many might need to stay till Monday and this does not have a discount.
Given that, I would welcome if the organizers once more could reach out to the hotel and check if it is possible to extend the discount also until Monday. Seems to me like it make sense to try, and one could argue with the hotel that this might be the tip on the scale that makes more attendees pick the hostel instead of the hotel.

Cheers

Boneless
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Boneless »

Can the organisers or who has the power please remove me from the captains forum and replace with Nonumber.

The cost of this is to much for me and I've had to with draw from the Welsh team as a coach and captain :(

Previous years have been in the region of £250-£300 this is nearer £450-£500 and I can't do this I'm afraid

Hope you have a good one

Hawca

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
Joemanji
Power Gamer

Post by Joemanji »

Sad to hear that Andy, good point Carsten.

As mentioned above, this was always going to be an expensive Eurobowl relative to some others. I'm sorry if this is a shock to people, and it is a real shame if that rules some people out. But we have agreed as a group (at the Captains meetings) that everyone should get a go at hosting, and unfortunately some countries will be harder to get to and/or a bit more expensive. Belgium was almost perfect in terms of economy and location, and that is making it a hard act to follow.

*This post may have been made without the use of a hat.
Boneless

Post by Boneless »

I accept and agree all should have a go. I have no issues there at all.

If there is any way to reduce cost I'm all ears.

My concern as it stands is that every euro bowl that passes that the Welsh can't attend in full is another we miss chance to host.

As some are aware I've had plans in the bank ready to roll out for 3-4 years now.

UK National Co-ordinator for the NAF
Organiser for the Welsh Open

Follow me on http://www.twtich.tv/Hawca_
coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

We will talk to the hotel and get back to you guys!

kewan
Veteran
Veteran

Post by kewan »

coma wrote:We will talk to the hotel and get back to you guys!
ty coma

MAMMA MIA, MAMMA MIA, CARLOS TUNI!!!!!!!!
Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

I talked to the hotel on my own before and got the discount for all of our team the 3rd night from sunday-monday (1000SEK a double room)
I don't know if coma already talked to them but they were very friendly and helpful.

included in the price is breakfast, too. So the price of the hotel is very fair now regarding the standard of the hotel and the convenience of the short distance to the venue
and at least team germany is staying there (if some other team is into a drinking contest at the hotelbar or in the city-centre - WE ARE PREPARED)

Probably (more than one...) useful information for the other teams :)

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Flights booked to Stockholm! Then training over to Orebro :)

Who is updating the website with rules etc, please?

Individual coaches paying, or pay as a team?

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
coma
Veteran
Veteran

Post by coma »

We have confirmed with the Hotel that sunday (to monday) night also is discounted (same price as the other nights).
People who have already booked have got there fee adjusted to the correct amount by the hotel.

Ozt & Mago is updating the website and it should be done tomorrow night if all is according to plan!

Captains register their teams and get a code for payment. We appreciate if all teams pay in one go.
If there is a problem with this or paypal please contact us via info@eurobowl.eu and we will get you sorted.

TheShepherd
Super Star
Super Star

Post by TheShepherd »

What's the deadline for registration?

Shepherd for the Wales team
neilnickson
Veteran
Veteran

Post by neilnickson »

Might help people if you could update your first post in this thread with the rules / hotel information etc. As the thread gets longer people won't remember that they are on page 5/7 whatever. Just a suggestion.